Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 05:10 AM
Firinn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

350 Rookie, a member here on the boards is looking for side work.
He is in CT, I think.

Might wanna give him a shout.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:11 PM
cspinner

Serafini Nissan in Vestal, NY gave me a great deal on the trade and the Z. Ask for Mark Wheeler.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:41 AM
turbod350

Originally Posted by Firinn
He is in CT, I think.

since my car is turbod, i want to get it tuned when i install the intake manifold...ill ask if he has the capabilities to do that...but he may not...
Old 01-01-2009, 12:40 PM
KS0385

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rim & Wheel Works
Waltham, MA
http://rimandwheelworks.com/

Got my bent rim repaired there. Cost $135 for the fix for 18" wheel. Balancing the tire was another $28. Definitely some discoloration where they heated it, but it was on the inside so not noticeable. One problem was that the outside rim got scratched when it was on their lathe or something. Will need to be touched up. Don't know if it could have been prevented. Still cheaper than getting a new rim from the dealership.

There was another 06+ 350Z wheel there that had a crack and needed to be welded. Someone from here?
Old 01-01-2009, 05:34 PM
turbod350

thanks man but i was looking for a shop to get it tuned...
Old 01-01-2009, 08:51 PM
350 Rookie
Banned

He is in CT, I think.

Yes, thats right. If anybody here is looking for work to be done, shoot me a pm. I can beat any price given by any person, anywhere and can do almost any task better than most shops.

However, I do not do tuning. Don't have the proper tools for that.

And firinn, thanx for the help. I appreciate it.

-Ed
Old 01-02-2009, 07:21 AM
trodis
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie
Yes, thats right. If anybody here is looking for work to be done, shoot me a pm. I can beat any price given by any person, anywhere and can do almost any task better than most shops.

However, I do not do tuning. Don't have the proper tools for that.

-Ed
Dude, make sure you post up here: https://my350z.com/forum/north-east/...nics-help.html
Old 01-02-2009, 10:02 AM
Firinn

Originally Posted by 350 Rookie

-Ed
Your welcome man.
It is a tough time for all and I'm sure we could all use a bit of help here and there.
Old 01-02-2009, 11:01 AM
350 Rookie
Banned

Your welcome man.
It is a tough time for all and I'm sure we could all use a bit of help here and there.
Oh man, tell me about it. Trying to find a good tech job is rediculous now. I feel like im playin the lottery. Chances of getting hired are slim.
Old 02-23-2009, 05:55 PM
wholemilk

I bring you this story even though I was looking for an Evo. They have about 10+ 350z in the lot and I just want everyone to know do NOT go there to pick one up. You'll know why after reading this!

Hello all, I hope this will be something that can save all of you a trip to this dealership. The website is www.onlynicecars.com and they are complete scammers from beginning to end. I found a 2006 Evo MR in white on their site so I decided to check it out, first off they listed the car for $20,999 at 34,000 miles so I get there and take a look at the car. My friends who own Evo's and also mechanics took a look at the car. So without putting it up in the air they saw:

-it was NOT an MR
-it had no cruise control as advertised in the ad (even though I know they do not come with CC)
-it had no leather seats
-it had no MR wheels
-HKS bov installed the wrong way (non reciruiltory)
-lower spash shields missing
-manual boost controler gauge....zip tied to the radiator
-mysterious wires that leads to no where in the engine bay
-Exedy stickers all under the hood (one can only guess the owner may have changed the clutch)
-active differential all F'd up. The buttons where you choose "tarmac, gravel, snow" were all lit up and could not be turned off
-JDM style Honda shift ****
-one gauge missing inside the gauge cluster (I forgot to ask them which one)
-Front end repainted
-engine knock and other noises indicating the car saying "end my torture please, bring me to the junk yard"

Funny thing is I got in the car and I gave it a few rev's, up to about 5-5500 rpms and the salesmen yelled at me saying "HEY!" and gave me an evil look...I thought cars built to rev that high or higher was safe to rev that high. I didn't tack the thing for 2 mins. I later was given the excuse "we don't want you to beat the crap out of the car before you buy it" and I thought "well if i was beating the crap out of it you'd be pissing in your pants in the passenger seat begging for mercy"

So the salesman takes me in and sits me down. First he undermines my ability as a Toyota tech and as a person who has infinite sources for pricing cars through sales then my friends comes in and tells him the active diff is broken along with other things. That totally went over his head like he never heard it. The worst part is he goes "we are a no haggle dealership and this car is going for $23,000" I told him you advertised for 20,999 online and now your telling me its selling for 2 grand more on top of everything being broken? he tells me it is what it is and we wont sell it for less. at that point I thanked him for his time and left. Funny thing is he gave me his card and said "give me a call if you change your mind" get the F outta here, I wouldn't buy a busted Evo from you even if you lowered the price to $15,000 So bottom line is this dealership are thieves and misleading, do NOT waste a second with these guys because nothing good comes out of them.

Dealership info:
http://www.automaxpreowned.com/
1199 Worcester Rd,
Framingham MA 01701
salesman name: Randy

I hope those in the MA area takes note of this dealership and steers clear from those thieves
Old 03-21-2009, 10:07 PM
myork

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kamikaZ
The sales dept. at Ramsey Nissan on Rt 17, NJ seems pretty friendly, however I had a horrible experience with their service dept. They were not knowledgable and I felt like they were disrespectful and unfriendly. They did not fix any of the problems that I complained about and only gave me a bunch of BS and a hard time. Would not recommend leaving your Z in their hands.

For body/performance work ATX motorsports in Bergenfield, NJ is excellent. Speak to Narvin.
Jarrett
See I thought the sales people at Ramsey Nissan were extremely arrogant and pushy, maybe their direction has changed since 04. One Saturday I went to look at a used 06 zr, they kept giving me the "better ****** it up now before someone else does" schtick, but they wouldnt budge on the price. Then come Monday morning, starting at 8:45am, they called 4 times and emailed me. Same thing on Tuesday. Called me again at 8:45am on Friday morning, and I had enough and told them to go away.

I wont even consider buying from a place like that.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:12 PM
gmic350z

kelly nissan of lynnfield,brought car for nav not working for the third time and no charge for the first two times.car had nav problem when i went on test drive and was told it would be taken care of.so third time they charged me 200 and said its not covered under warranty.when i purchased warr they told me it covered everything in car exept oil changes,supposedly best extended warr they had.he tells me it will cost me 3500 to fix.i go to get my car and the cubby door is broken.they proceeded to blame me for the door.i went and got the guy that worked on my car and he admitted he took door off and he had broken it.service guy i dealy with was a total tool,basically calling me a liar and i was trying to get door fixed for free cause my nav wasnt covered!took my car back and never went back.95.00 oil changes!i even sent email to manager and never got response back,phone calls never returned.they suck.they even wanted to charge me 100 to slide my speaker box forward a foot!!THIEVES WILL NEVER GO THEIR AGAIN..
Old 04-28-2009, 05:42 AM
rotchcrocket04

Default Alignment Shop, South East PA?

Hey everyone!

I just got my suspension in yesterday and will be installing on Saturday. However, I'm not sure where I can go to get an alignment. I need a shop that actually knows what they're doing... rather than a Sear's Auto or some run of the mill shop that barely knows what a camber kit is.

My car is going to sit pretty low as well (similar to the GF210 drop)... that's my other problem. Alot of shop can't do cars if they're too low, depending on which machine they have.

I've heard rave reviews about RTTuning in Lansdale... however, they want to only do a package deal with camber kits (front and rear), adjusting dampened coilovers, adjusting ride height, and corner balancing for +/- $300 I can surely adjust my own ride height and dampening on my own. Do I really need it corner balanced as well?

Just curious if anyone could provide any insight!? For the record, I bought SPC front A-Arms, SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts and BC Racing coilovers.

Thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: I'm located in Reading, PA, about an hour from Philly. Anywhere within an hour would be preferred but I'm not opposed to going further if someone highly recommends somewhere else.
Old 04-28-2009, 06:58 AM
davidc81

i bought a package at ntb for unlimited alignments for 3 years. they do a pretty good job and its a good deal since im on coilovers and i adjust my ride height from time to time. you can also try out stengel bros in allentown. they specialize in suspensions and have many alignment options.

http://www.stengelbros.com/
Old 04-28-2009, 09:20 AM
sry110

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by rotchcrocket04
Hey everyone!

I just got my suspension in yesterday and will be installing on Saturday. However, I'm not sure where I can go to get an alignment. I need a shop that actually knows what they're doing... rather than a Sear's Auto or some run of the mill shop that barely knows what a camber kit is.

My car is going to sit pretty low as well (similar to the GF210 drop)... that's my other problem. Alot of shop can't do cars if they're too low, depending on which machine they have.

I've heard rave reviews about RTTuning in Lansdale... however, they want to only do a package deal with camber kits (front and rear), adjusting dampened coilovers, adjusting ride height, and corner balancing for +/- $300 I can surely adjust my own ride height and dampening on my own. Do I really need it corner balanced as well?

Just curious if anyone could provide any insight!? For the record, I bought SPC front A-Arms, SPC rear camber arms/toe bolts and BC Racing coilovers.

Thanks,
Brandon

EDIT: I'm located in Reading, PA, about an hour from Philly. Anywhere within an hour would be preferred but I'm not opposed to going further if someone highly recommends somewhere else.

RT Tuning might be quoting it that way because then all suspension adjustments are under their control, and they can take responsibility for the whole job. Otherwise, if you get one shop to do one thing (or DIY) and another shop to do another and then you have problems somewhere down the road, who can you point the finger at?

I'm in for more responses on this thread too, because I'm located not too far from you and have also been thinking about coilovers and camber kits.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:25 AM
sry110

There is also MRC in Spotswood, NJ, about 2 hours from you. Not sure whether they do alignments but may be worth a call.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 AM
davidc81

Originally Posted by sry110
There is also MRC in Spotswood, NJ, about 2 hours from you. Not sure whether they do alignments but may be worth a call.
i may be wrong but i believe MRC is no longer in business.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:50 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by davidc81
Damn that's weird....I always heard they did good work. Maybe just poor economic situation led to less people wanting to spend thousands on turbo systems
Old 04-28-2009, 11:00 AM
rotchcrocket04

Originally Posted by sry110
RT Tuning might be quoting it that way because then all suspension adjustments are under their control, and they can take responsibility for the whole job. Otherwise, if you get one shop to do one thing (or DIY) and another shop to do another and then you have problems somewhere down the road, who can you point the finger at?

I'm in for more responses on this thread too, because I'm located not too far from you and have also been thinking about coilovers and camber kits.
You may be correct. I would understand it that way from a business perspective. But after spending $1500 on a suspension it kinda gets me to be spending another $300. Though you gotta pay to play....

Originally Posted by davidc81
I know Julian from MRC ran into a bunch of trouble/problems with some people on the boards and got banned. As to the shop, I think they lost some of their heavier followers and bigger money spenders. However, I don't know for sure if they are or aren't open anymore. Meh... I'd save the gas and the drive and go to RT Tuning before there. Unless it was ridiculously cheaper (which isn't always best).

Just seems like some of the shops (locally) that I have talked to already aren't really sure if they can do it. One shop said it wouldn't be a problem even though they've never done a Z lowered before but they would happily "give it a try". Boy, that's reassuring. Especially because I want to hit factory specs as close as I can.

I'm waiting to see if ErinFaulk has any recommendation as well... I'm pretty sure she's lowered. Not to mention she usually deals with shops in the West Chester area (about an hour for me).

Thanks thus far guys

Last edited by rotchcrocket04; 04-28-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 03:29 PM
ErinFaulk

Hey-

My recommendation would have been RT Tunning as well, thats where I get all my suspension work done at. The only other place I might go to would be J-Tune in Delaware (the old CarV2 location).

Quick Reply: Shop/Dealer Reviews and RECOMENDATIONS for Northeast