Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Hit and Run...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 10:19 PM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, so is the body shop a separate establishment from the alignment shop? Blame game lol
Old 07-29-2009, 07:43 AM
aldog1330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I'd raise hell with a manager. Who knows what kind of long term damage will be caused by that.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:32 PM
TedB350Z

Correct... The body shop did all of the paint and the bodywork, and Bowser Pontiac did all of the parts replacement, mechanical and alignment.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:28 AM
TedB350Z

Bowser put on the new control arm, and says the wheel is still not aligned correctly. It needs a "Wheel Knuckle," which they of course do not have, and will not get one in until Tuesday.

This is turning into the nightmare I always read about with situations like this...
Old 07-31-2009, 11:38 AM
TedB350Z

... and wt flying f is a wheel nuckle????
Old 08-14-2009, 06:18 AM
TedB350Z

I finally got the car back on Wednesday, August 12. After 2 weeks of having the Car, and also replacing a trailing arm, on top of the control arm and wheel knuckle, Bowser Nissan could not fix the offset. I had to type up a 4 page letter with pictures/names/dates/conversations etc.. and get the Nationwide Blue Ribbon Manager involved. They ended up taking my car somewhere else to get it checked out and aligned.

At the 3rd shop (Simmonetta Auto Body in Mckeesport, PA) they just set up up a brand new alignment machine. They discovered the original body shop and Bowser Nissan were using the WRONG spec sheet for the WRONG year... so not only could they never align the rear drivers side wheel properly, but they also screwed up the alignment of all the other wheels.

So Simmonetta's was able to correct everything within 18 hours of actually getting my car there, and they were professional and informative about everything. Nationwide is also going to reimburse me for the 2 extra weeks I drove my other car, at $28 a day, so $392 is a nice chunk of change to get back, but doesn't compensate for the stupidity.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:33 AM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great to hear everything is finally straightened out and back to new! Enjoy the cash and go drive your Z it's gorgeous out
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 PM
TedB350Z

HAHA.. not to revive an old thread but... get this: So after I got back from the beach a few weeks ago, I noticed something was squeaking in the rear end. I figured maybe it was the suspension. but it ended up being the bumper... it was squeaking when you applied preasure anywhere in the back. I looked underneath and the 2 tabs on the lower rear bumper that bolt to the body were both snapped off.

Well I looked up behind the bumper, and to my surprise, there was no energy absober (the large foam piece that runs the length between of the rear bumper reinforcement and the rear bumper cover)... never installed when they fixed all the damage.

I called the body shop and they said they ordered me one and it'd be in next week and they'd put it on, no reason, no explanation. I thought that was very shady, so I contacted my Nationwide agent , and they again forwarded me to one of the managers with their Blue RIbbon Service, who said not only were they obviously suppose to put it on, but the body shop put in the original estimate that the original energy absorber was damaged and could not be used, and billed nationwide for a brand new one.

Unreal, a year later and sh*t still isn't right.

Not to mention now without those tabs being bolted, it looks like the whole rear bumper is warped. Waiting to hear from the Nationwide Blue Ribbon Dept. tomorrow morning...