Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

2009 Long Island STREET WHEELZ AFTERMARKET Car Show Prize Winners

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
I wasn't there but.. not sure why all the bickering...? Wasn't this supposed to be a fundraiser type thing for someone that needs treatment in a hyperbaric chamber or something? If thats the case a lot of you ungrateful people need to put life into perspective and quit whining...
Werd! I totally agree. Some peeps fail to use PM's and completely wreck threads
Old 10-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Anthony C

some people... this has NOTHING to do with the fundraiser. aside from it having nothing to do with this thread, it was a complete seperate cause within the show. funny how it wasnt brought up till being acused of being ungrateful.

as far as the PM's go, was i supposed to PM with my simple statement or should he have PM'd with his response instead of trying ot create a battle in the public eye. there wouldnt be a reason for a public forum if every matter within the thread should be private messaged. thats called EMAIL. my post was VERY on topic. i fail to see where it went off topic...

im so over this its not even funny. its such a silly matter that someone is taking too to heart. thats all.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 PM
xzotklr

Originally Posted by themadhatterxxx
I wasn't there but.. not sure why all the bickering...? Wasn't this supposed to be a fundraiser type thing for someone that needs treatment in a hyperbaric chamber or something? If thats the case a lot of you ungrateful people need to grow the **** up and put life into perspective and quit whining like little kids.

Im sure it was better than your roadside BBQ ideas on sunrise highway anyway.
Dude....why take a shot at the club!!??...not necessary.
The point being made is that the promoters are saying they had a number of cars that just were not there.

Also....while the event was held for a good cause it does not excuse the promoters from running the show in an organized manner. How can awards be given; then TWO days later a PUBLIC announcement is made informing the winners there was a mistake!!!....meanwhile NO e-mail was sent nor a telephone call made to the involved parties!!! VTR found out by accident. Not cool.

Also if the judges f*d up, why would you keep them for next year's event!!???
What's right is right....and THAT is what this is all about. AND BTW....I WAS there and walked around to EVERY section of the event.

Last edited by xzotklr; 10-13-2009 at 08:30 PM. Reason: add comments
Old 10-13-2009, 09:46 PM
rxkevin

I wasn't at this show so this is just my opinion but I hope you realize that winning an award at a car show is pretty meaningless. If it was indeed a clerical mistake, that is fine. I do agree that this should have been announced privately to the two parties that were involved. However at the same time, who really cares? I am pretty sure VTR has won countless amounts of trophies and so has No Limits so it is probably just another event for them.

You have to also keep in mind that these events/shows require a lot of work that you do not see. I have been to HIN's where the judging was botched so bad that only half the cars were even judged, or cars were being judged until 9-10pm. I mean every event has its flaws, and I am sure the promoter will take into account what happens this time and improve next year.
Old 10-14-2009, 04:30 AM
Streetwheelz

Hello My name Is Al I am the Founder of the show I appologize my promoter went a little to extreme and I have spoke to him and rectified the concern . I love the aftermarket and appreciate all the cars people put the time into (blood and sweat) This is the reason I have a mixed variety of cars to one there car may look like a sh-t box to him thats his baby I enjoy everyone bringing there cars to our show this is our show meaning you the car enthusiast has everything to do with it including you lakeside, anthony and etc lets all make it better for next year every year is a learning experience to make it better..