Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Local Shop experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 06:59 AM
vdemon311

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Local Shop experience

Hey guys, just wanted to post up a review on a shop in Port Reading, NJ known as JDS motoring. Some of you already know Jas, one of the owners and head mechanics over at JDS. Jas installed my new clutch,clutchline, pivot ball, and flywheel for an unreal price. He fixed a huge hole in my exhaust that I had no idea of (was always wondering why my exhaust was so loud) and changed my exhaust gaskets that were torn in half all for free. He texted and called me with updates every 15 mins, not to mention the whole job was done in less than 8 hours. Jas is a great guy to deal with and I am more than happy with the job done. I highly recommend JDS motoring to anyone in the Tri-state area and look forward to seeing Jas again. His sn on this site iz Zpaaji if anyone is interested.
Old 08-01-2010, 01:56 PM
makaofox

Yes jas is the MAN lmao he specializes in zs but all else welcome and does very well at what he does. Me being an owner of a 300zx watched him put togehter a twin turbo for one and what a site. Jas is the guy to go if you want it done right.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:55 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me just add my 2 cents about this amazing shop. JDS Motoring is hands down the best shop i've ever been to. They do it all here. Full service repair, motor swaps, dyno, tuning, welding, tire balance/alignment. They specialize in Nissans and Subarus and all Z's of course but all makes and models foreign and domestic. His shop also caters to the fully built race cars that compete in NASA.

Jas (zpaaji) is a very talented professional mechanic/tuner and NASA driver and instructor. Him and his crew are the most experienced technicians i've ever met and i trust them handling my car 100%. Since they're grand opening in April, i've sought their help with a few bolt on installs i couldn't do alone. (i.e. coilovers, radiator, oil cooler, headers, rear diffuser). Their turnaround time is remarkable and they can perform alot of jobs quickly and efficiently. Their level of customer service is unbelievable. The shop is also very clean and organized compared to other shops in north jersey where i'm from. That's why i don't mind driving 20-30 mins to this shop to get work done. It's also located near the NJ turnpike which makes it easy to find. This shop is very capable of performing whatever i need done and i would not hesitate recommending them to friends and family. I can always turn to Jas if i need technical advice with anything whether it's tuning advice, which tires to buy, etc. He's always there for his customers and friends and will always do his best to help you out and accomodate you no matter the situation.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:10 PM
BoomerZ33

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I visited JDS motoring over the weekend. Here's a few pics with some customers' cars

Old 08-02-2010, 05:35 AM
vdemon311

hmmm... that black Z with chrome wheels looks so familiar ^
Old 08-03-2010, 10:38 AM
graffkid732

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jas is def a good guy who knows his shi t. Him and I spent a decent amount of time going over and choosing a suspension setup that will perform well for what I want as well as put a parts list together for a built motor. I all ready have recommended a good friend of mine to him to get some work done on his Spec V.
Old 08-03-2010, 11:41 AM
plumpzz

Jas's shop is amazing. I went through them to have my Z prepped for NASA TT and HPDE several times this year and have measurable success throughout the season. I would recommend JDS Motoring to anyone looking for the highest quality work.. I put his shop's sticker on my car without any second thoughts...

Last edited by plumpzz; 08-03-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-03-2010, 01:28 PM
mk3vento96

i knew about the shop and met him once at a meet, but honestly after reading all these comments i'm definitely going to check it out when i need some work.

does he do wheel alignment for slammed z's ?

Last edited by mk3vento96; 08-03-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:30 PM
vdemon311

^I am pretty sure he does everything and anything
Old 08-03-2010, 05:02 PM
SILENT HAV0C

Jas is a genuine down to earth guy and does what he can to help you out. This is the only shop I would trust leaving my Z with and knowing the job will get done without any issue. What I like most is that he takes the time to explain things to you while showing you your options and throwing in his input.

I'd suggest anyone in the area to check out his shop and normally hangs out at the Thursday night meets.

JDS Motoring
Old 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM
NJzFinestG

vdemon where in marlboro are u? i lived there but now im in freehold. how far is jds from us?

pm ur number so we can get together with some local g/z

Last edited by NJzFinestG; 08-04-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:42 AM
04perf

If you live in New Jersey and need work on your Z, you should definitely check out JDS Motoring. Jas is a real cool guy and very knowledgeable.

I had trouble installing the SPL diff bushings myself. Jas's shop was the only one I could find that had experience with the install and he had my car done in just one day. I'm very happy with his work and I would bring my car back to JDS Motoring anytime.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:55 AM
optimus350z

First hand experience with JDS motoring. Ordered my Greddy TIC exhaust from him and was shipped on time. Jas even squeezed me in on his tight schedule. Even though Jas wasnt there for the initial install his brother Deep and Singh made me feel right at home and did an amazing install .This shop is amazing. JDS Motoring is hands down the best shop i've ever been to. They do it all here.

Very accessible from the NJ turnpike . Dont even give it a second thought. Hit Jas up and he will hook you up.

I will definitely go back to JDS. Amazing group of guys who go out of there way. Jas even hooked me up with some banner stickers. Thanks Jas, Deep and Singh
Old 09-05-2010, 02:32 PM
Vader007

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car, I met you at the meet today. I was the one asking about your exhaust.

Jerry