Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Hurricane Irene!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 12:29 AM
knils

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lakeside
I'm glad I pulled the boat & skis out. The water levels on the lake rose over the concrete retainer wall, over the grass landing and on up the stairs that lead to the upper deck. The water rose so much that it crested over the ladder on the concrete wall. The dock mounts to the wall with rods & pins. Most of the dock ramp is under water. I have never seen the water this high. This is a Dam controlled lake. The run off looks like raging rapids washing out the roads and ditches.

Over 9" of rain so far in that area. I hate to see the other lake house which has no water level control/no outlet.. :O Ughhh That dock will be down lake some place. Busy day tomorrow.
You have two lake houses? You weren't kidding when you said Lakeside I guess lol (gimme one of 'em! I'll swim after the dock )
Old 09-04-2011, 06:26 PM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Upstate just can't catch a break!!! A tornado just crossed the Thruway @ exit 27 and took down a Restaurant full with patrons. Other buildings with structural damage!

Earthquakes, Hurricane's & Tornado's oh'my!!!!

The governor releases statement! http://www.wten.com/global/story.asp?s=15394483

Video: http://amsterdam.wnyt.com/news/weath...hruway-tornado
Old 09-04-2011, 07:13 PM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Just saw that on the news.
Old 09-04-2011, 07:14 PM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tomorrow they are predicting 2-5" of rain up here! Just what we need.. Flood watches have been issued.

My house was spared.. It went right through Amsterdam, Glenville, Schaghticoke on into VT. It missed my house by only a couple miles. Glenville is just alittle northwest of me.

"knock on wood" Man I have been lucky. We were in the Theater and could hear the heavy rain during the movie. The clouds & lightening were very ominous as we walked into the mall. Pitch black storm clouds with very intense lightening and thunder.

Last edited by Lakeside; 09-04-2011 at 07:20 PM.