Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Warning: Do not go to performance motorsports

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2012, 07:09 AM
Lakeside

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems to be going around.... I guess everyone should get a quote in writing now!!! Sounds pretty shady to me.

As a tech/mechanic I always make the customer aware of whats going on and how the bill will tally out before proceeding. That way there is no arguments in the end... Which makes my job a hell of a lot easier!

If they do not approach you with said issues or increases in labor/parts and take the time to show you whats going on before proceeding, you have recourse.

Zim
Old 01-29-2012, 07:29 AM
Modme

Originally Posted by Lakeside
Seems to be going around.... I guess everyone should get a quote in writing now!!! Sounds pretty shady to me.

As a tech/mechanic I always make the customer aware of whats going on and how the bill will tally out before proceeding. That way there is no arguments in the end... Which makes my job a hell of a lot easier!

If they do not approach you with said issues or increases in labor/parts and take the time to show you whats going on before proceeding, you have recourse.

Zim
Yeah, I'm willing to pay extra over the quoted price if my car required extra work. However, the price should be reasonable and the shop needs to be honest what was done. The PM owner tried to tell me that ALL of my flywheel bolts were stripped and they had to redo all of them. This was a lie. I was watching the whole time and it was only 1 bolt. The techs showed me the 1 single bolt that came out stripped. Doubling the labor cost for 1 stripped thread is robbery.

When the techs started working on my car, they told me that the owner doesnt want people watching near the install area. Now I understand why. If I wasnt watching, he would've made up even more bullsh*t about extra work done on my car. Who knows what the bill would've been.
Old 01-30-2012, 03:47 PM
UMW350Z

I really wonder how people sleep at night after they dick people over. Not just on cars, but in general.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:57 AM
R350Zz33

they did my tune but that price was the price i was happy as far as installs the only person i trust is me
Old 03-16-2012, 07:09 AM
themadhatterxxx

Well I'm gonna throw in my 2 cents... these guys do not seem to give a crap anymore.

I cannot tell you the amount of times I've called them, being promised that someone would return my call and then it never happening. If it happens once or twice, fine but we are talking literally every single time, even when my car was there for 2 weeks. This has always annoyed me and says alot.

I feel like I wasted money switching out my UTEC for the Uprev after being promised a world of better driving and no more check engine lights <- this is the main thing that motivated me to do it really. Got an ultraconservative tune and actually for some reason lost a good 30 HP which I was never happy about, they seem to do nothing about my check engine lights that always reappear after 50 miles, except just clear them whenever I come by and were never able to diagnose a slight boost spike issue that I had which made it spike from 9 to 11 psi at wide open throttle.

The topper was the tech that for some reason took my boost gauge for himself (after thinking they were going to replace it with something else) and lost a lightbulb for it: When I requested they put it back so I won't be charged ~$200 for a different model, when I asked him about the missing lightbulb all I got was an attitude and a "stop bitching, don't worry about it I'll mail it to you" response and he felt like he was doing me a favor when I politely asked him to then switch the lightbulb from my oil temp gauge to the boost controller temporarily. Like LOL really?...I used to go there alot over the last 3 years but I cannot see myself associating with them any longer.

The owners have always been polite and courteous to me but I don't see them as a shop that has the time for small time customers like myself unless your spending some serious dough with them read: built motor, twin turbo setups. Given my tuning issues along with the many who have posted here regarding their tunes over the last 2 years, my advice would be to seek an alternative source.

Last edited by themadhatterxxx; 03-19-2012 at 12:34 PM.