Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

ATCO Meet Charity Raffle

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2004, 04:24 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ATCO Meet Charity Raffle

I think everyone is aware of the huge meet that will take place at ATCO, NJ Race Track on Sunday, April 25th.

Because of the great response we are getting, Gerald (350Zzzz) came up with a great idea of holding a raffle with all the proceeds going to a worthy charity. We would sell tickets at $ 2.00 each and you could buy as many as you wish.

Westbury Nissan has generously offfered to support this raffle with a surprise prize.

We have decided to select the following charity to support:

Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation

I hope you all would generously help support this cause!

Last edited by vics350; 02-03-2004 at 04:57 PM.
Old 02-03-2004, 04:54 PM
notlownf

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I told you on the phone Vic I think this is a great idea and I will also be donating some items to be raffled off.

I'm also going to get on the phone and get some sponsors to donate stuff.

My choice for a charity is also the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer foundation

Chris
Old 02-03-2004, 05:03 PM
vics350

Originally posted by notlownf
As I told you on the phone Vic I think this is a great idea and I will also be donating some items to be raffled off.

I'm also going to get on the phone and get some sponsors to donate stuff.

My choice for a charity is also the Susan G. Komen Breast cancer foundation

Chris
Chris, there has been a slight change which is very good news. Westbury Nissan will be donating a surprise prize and the other good news is that the charity of choice for this event is the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.

We will be posting in the near future what this prize will be.
Old 02-11-2004, 07:00 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Since your posting about Susan G. Komen Breast cancer foundation, I've been reading up about the 20 year old organization; and about the founderNancy Brinker. It was interesting, to note that Ms. Brinker serve as U.S. Ambassador to the Republic of Hungary, in 2001, apart from her many generous and noble achievements.

What are the estimated numbers of new breast cancer cases and deaths for the year 2004?
An estimated 215,990 new cases of invasive breast cancer are expected to occur among women in the United States during 2004. An estimated 40,110 women will die from breast cancer. It is estimated that 1,450 men will be diagnosed and 470 men will die of breast cancer during 2004. Carcinoma in situ (CIS) accounts for about 59,390 new cases each year. At this time there are slightly more than two million women living in the United States who have been diagnosed with and treated for breast cancer. Breast cancer is the leading cancer site among American women and is second only to lung cancer in cancer deaths. Breast cancer is the leading cause of cancer deaths among women ages 40-59.
The problem hits much closer to home, when you're exposed to statistics, as above.

I was hoping to see a more positive response from the 350ZEE and G35 groups to select and champion a worthy cause when we play

We may need to start a motto for our 350Zee and G35 groups, "Our play empowers others to regain control of their own lives." The United Nations has targeted 2005 as the year, when the world’s communities would have achieved landmark goals in empowering women.

Spoke with Westbury Nissan today, and here is a partial list of some of the consolation prizes
  1. Seat belt protectors
  2. Shift *****
  3. Floor Mats
  4. T.shirts
  5. Plus what Bluefish from Smithtown Nissan has indicated

After speaking with Mr. Rubio, I am excited to say that he is working on some super sweet, pricy aftermarket stuff, which I am not at liberty to announce; at this point; as it does get a little complex when high ticket items are being procured for fund raising. Moreover, we have two groups involved, the 350Z and G35 interest Need a little more time to tie up the loose ends.

In any event, I trust we can place our support and championing the cause above and beyond the prize.

When asked what is the most beautiful and precious gift that exist in the world; Abraham Maslow said, "....that people, different in every way; from different walks of life; race and religion can come together and exchange their ideas and confront their differences; then leave with a little bit of the other, is the most beautiful experience in this world."

All we need to do is to reach out.

The Nissan Z and Infinity G35 has somehow become the common ground for us to integrate with each other and grow, when we leave, we leave with a little bit of the other.

I am looking to confront my differences with Darking350 at ATCO.....what's up J been very quiet these. Are we still on!

Bring on the can of whoop ***!

G
Old 02-11-2004, 07:08 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default On a more positive note.....

...... where we all can jump in

……..early detection and prompt, appropriate treatment are key to improved survival. For women living in poverty and outside the reach of quality medical care, detection and diagnosis of breast cancer often come later, when the disease is more advanced and less treatable. Susan Braun, president and chief executive officer of the Komen Foundation.
G
Old 02-13-2004, 07:12 AM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Racing pulleys for Zees and Gs

Just a quick FYI to keep all you zees and Gs, fully cranked up racing pulley sets for 350Z and G35 are in the picture. Will update, as we massage the generous bone of the philanthropist, and the generous muscle of our ATCO meet members, the muscle that moves the hand to the wallet.

We are also in touch with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation organizers; and they have indicated their excitement and appreciation for selecting them as our favorite charity; and our Warm generosity.

G
Old 02-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Pats300zx
ECZA-President

On the subject of raffles. The ECZA will also be holding a raffle at its Saturday 4/24/04 meet.

The list of prizes includes.

Grounding Kits
Diecasts, Tamiya models,
Free oil changes
Car Car kits
Etc...

Hope you all can attend.
Old 02-20-2004, 07:14 AM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Sounds good, and hey maybe I'll win my 3rd california duster
Old 03-02-2004, 09:32 AM
350z-z33

Thumbs up Great!!!

Great idea, Evo-R will buy some raffles that day!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:40 PM
350Zzzz
Professional

Default Re: Great!!!

Originally posted by 350z-z33
Great idea, Evo-R will buy some raffles that day!!!
Which raffle, as we've added two pro basket ball tickets into the pot

Pat, you owe our charity a cut of your take, for the hijack

See ya
G
Old 03-02-2004, 01:04 PM
350z-z33

Default Re: Re: Great!!!

Originally posted by 350Zzzz
Which raffle, as we've added two pro basket ball tickets into the pot
The Raffle at ATCO on 4-25-04!!! Actually we at Evo-R might want to donate some of our products as prizes, do we contact you, Gerald? Or who is organizing this raffle?

Also, can someone post me a link to the 4-24-04 ECZA meet? I would like to know the details and maybe I'll be able to attend!