Notices
North East New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Vermont

Setting up Local 350Z/G35 Club for NY, NJ, CT and Long Island?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004, 01:44 PM
rx7/350z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how many meets would people from new england actually make?
do we want to make this a club for 2003 and up z's &g's or all z's?
Old 04-01-2004, 02:14 PM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by rx7/350z
how many meets would people from new england actually make?
do we want to make this a club for 2003 and up z's &g's or all z's?
I'd only be interested if the club would include all of New England. I have lots of G35 and 350Z friends up here and I would not want to be part of a club that doesn't include members from MA, VT, etc.

Regarding how many meets we would attend, I don't think you know us very well. For the last month we've had meetings with people from NY/NJ/CT and VT in organizing the ATCO meet coming up April 25th. You can't even begin to imagine the work that's being put into it. There are meetings going on with ATCO representatives to make sure all goes well at the track, we will have a DJ, a TV station recording the event, caravans from all over the northeast, raffles, t-shirts, etc. We are going to have registration tables and have modification sheets for everyone to fill out so that you can go to a car and know what upgrades they've done. The raffles and proceeds from t-shirts sales are also going to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. We are also working with Westbury Nissan for the items to be raffled.
A "club" would require a group like this to put together fun events for everyone. Meeting up in a parking lot and hanging out is OK but an organized event is alot more fun and beneficial.

Last year we had the largest 350Z/G35 meet in the country (over 70 cars) in CT. We had people from as far north as Canada and as far south as Florida attend this meet. We also had a tuning meet in CT that Adam attended which had a great group from NY and NJ present. We also went to the ECZA meet in PA as well as a meet held in NJ in August which included, again, many of our NY and NJ friends. Some of us also attended a mini meet at Fort Totten, NY. Lastly, we also attended a big meet at Ogunquit, Maine.

This year we are all involved with and, of course, will be attending the ATCO meet in NJ in April, a CAPE COD clam bake meet in MA (which currently has over 30 350Z's/G35's registered to attend) on May 8th and will be working on one or two meets in CT and one in either VT and/or ME. We would most definitely attend any NY meet that's of interest this year. Keep in mind that many of us shut our cars down for the winter and are just taking them out of the garage which is why you won't see many of us in meets prior to the end of April. We are all over the place in the summer.

We even have a website www.350zconnect.com set up by Gerald (350Zzzz) where he posts all the meets we plan to attend.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to give you an idea of what New England is about. I can tell you that we can easily get over 50 members into a club just from this area.

I also agree that the name of the club would have to include G35 as it would not be fair.

Let me know if you are interested in opening this club up to all of New England, otherwise, I would have to pass.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:38 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am certainly game for it - I just think something regionally oriented (and the region can include NE as far as I am concerned) for just 03 and up Z and G guys is lacking. We have been a part of SQC and Evo NY since their respective inceptions, and its neat having a local site with strictly local people helping each other in terms of mods, work needing to be done, meets, etc, as opposed to an all national forum.

As I said...we need a name - I agree it should include the Z and G nomenclature.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:01 PM
NY 350Z

How about instead of having a symbol like the recycle one...we could abbreviate it..like SQC (subaru queens crew)

Tri-State Z+G Club = too long but TSZGC

i dunno,i think it would look nice too and its simpe to have just letters
Old 04-01-2004, 06:53 PM
Norel350Z

The thing is there already is a East Coast Z club, and many state to state clubs, I kinda of got the idea that this thing started off for all us Downstaters... i know personally id love to see some sort of Z club start on LI, for all the city people and those out if Scruffic ... as for getting NE into the mix, I don't see why not, the more the better... As for the logo/name, i think thats going to have to come after we decided what Geographical area we will cover... Tri state doesn't make sence when you have VT and Mass in the picture if you know what i mean
Old 04-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Liv2TheFullest

Default Reply for club

Well, im definetly down as you know from my previous posts.. Yes i think we do have to set up the georaphic area, but if you ask me i think it should consist of NY,NJ,CT,LI or however we all make as a final decision.. I was thinking of a few names and i know we have combine some sort of z and G theme so i came up with :

1) FairLine Auto Club (tried to combine Fairlady + Skyline)
2) Club 3335 ( the two models 33 and 35)
3) VQ Custom Motorsport or VQ Motorsport
4) Last i was thinking someone who knows how to use photoshop well to make a symbol very similar to the Veilside symbol with the two letters combinding like that VS for veilside but we do the ZG for ZG Car Club...
Well these are just thoughts let me know if you like... i never realized how hard it was to make names for a 350z G35 club hahaha...
Old 04-02-2004, 02:36 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I gave this some serous- let me know how you guys feel. I see nothing wrong with making it a tri state cklub from an event standpoint and organization standpoint. However I also don't see why we could not have members from VT, Mass, etc. as well, while still keeping the primary focus of the club in the Tri State region (SQC and Evo NY do this very successfully - there are guys that participate in their forums from CA, Florida, PA, etc, though the primary focus of the club is NY, NJ and CT).

I see no reason why the upper NE region could not start their own localized regional club as well (ie Mass, VT, NH, ME), and the two could share events, etc whenever scheduling permits. This would allow them to cater to their local members and needs, yet we could basically be sister clubs.

The idea here (IMHO) is not to get a club so large started that it attempts to interfere with my350z, etc. I just want to have a local outlet for Z and G guys to come, hang out, organize meets, share info, etc.

As for the club name ,it is hard, I know!

I kinda like this one that Livelife suggested: Club 3335

Anyway, let me know your thoughts guys - this needs to be organized by and for us

Last edited by Z1 Performance; 04-02-2004 at 02:41 AM.
Old 04-02-2004, 03:16 AM
notlownf

I've put some thought into this also and I agree with you.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:10 AM
350z-z33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

I concur with Adam's idea.

As for club name, I do like "Club 3335" (It's profound and kindda suits the NYC theme)

If we all agree with the club name then we'll need someone to come up with a design for the logo.
Old 04-02-2004, 12:21 PM
jckolnturn

NAZGO ... North Atlantic Z and G Organization? If we want to include NE'rs but differentiate from the upstate NY club.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:07 PM
NY 350Z

nice i like NAZGO sounds like a branch of the air force of something.

i like club 3335 also. not sure if i want the club tho. what about 3335, 33/35, 33+35.

i love both ideas. lets stick to those and elaborate on them.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:01 PM
infidsg35

VQ Connection, Z & G underground, VQ Concepts, 3.5 Powered Performance, Club 3-5.........

I realy like VQ Connection ..... The others are just ideas with not much thought lol.. Take them for what you will..
Old 04-02-2004, 04:15 PM
frankmusic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up Good One!

Originally posted by infidsg35
VQ Connection, Z & G underground, VQ Concepts, 3.5 Powered Performance, Club 3-5.........

I realy like VQ Connection ..... The others are just ideas with not much thought lol.. Take them for what you will..
Now we're getting somewhere.

Old 04-02-2004, 05:25 PM
Liv2TheFullest

Default others i thought of also

here are others i thought of adding to my list..

1) Generation 3335
2) Generation VQ
3) Creative----(3335)----Concepts <-window sticker
4) or just Creative Concepts

just a few.. yea i read some of your replys on some i thought of and im feeling the 3335 idea kinda goes together well. well its a group decision feel free to give input...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:49 PM
Norel350Z

I agree with Z1's idea, i think we should focus on downstate sorta stuff, aka Tri State, lower ny, Conn, and NJ.. but hell if guys from the NE wanna join thats cool too..

as for names i like the 3335 idea, but i think it needs a "/" so what about this

Creative----(33/35)----Concepts

the other name i liked was
VQ Motorsport, but the VQ can stand for alot of other Nissan motors, so what about if we mix in the 33/35 idea so it would look something like this

VQ33/35 Motorsport

I think that is a nice way of saying Z & G

hell if we really wanted to get crazy we could even say

Z/G Motorsport

just somet thoughts.. I like the Vailside idea for the emblem, but what about if we did a sort of Yankees sorta thing, where we over lay the z and the G, ill see if i can come up with something in photoshop, and ill post it when I do

To be continued....
Old 04-02-2004, 07:55 PM
Norel350Z

Here is what i was thinking, just a starting concept

Old 04-02-2004, 08:28 PM
Liv2TheFullest

Default Reply

Norel thanks for the reply, yes that is what i was saying about the VS symbol to overlay it.. i did a little playing and came up with this. Its picture purpose only but its the idea.. .

Last edited by Liv2TheFullest; 04-02-2004 at 08:37 PM.
Old 04-02-2004, 08:41 PM
Liv2TheFullest

Default Pic

Hope ya like
Attached Thumbnails Setting up Local 350Z/G35 Club for NY, NJ, CT and Long Island?-z-emblem-3.jpg  
Old 04-02-2004, 09:46 PM
infidsg35

Now a "VQ Connection" on that and some fine tuning of the art work and looks like we got a winner! Ha Ha J/K

Good ideas guys keep em commin
Old 04-03-2004, 07:37 AM
Norel350Z

I like what Live came up with, maybe we need to come up with a little more flashy G symbol. As for the VQ connection, not sure i like that name, like i said before the VQ could mean everything from maximas to FX45s. I think

either NAZGO or what i came up with, TAZGO (Tri-state area Z and G Org.) is better because its just Zs & Gs, sounds cool, and says its for the Tristate area... .

Also I think the Symbol that Liv came up with would be great for Tshirts, websites, flyers things like that, can't really see it working its way into a sticker for a car. I think the TAZCO would work best for stickers, and stuff for cars. To tie the stickers and t-shirt stuff together ..Here are a few ideas

Quick Reply: Setting up Local 350Z/G35 Club for NY, NJ, CT and Long Island?