Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Police in Factoria (Near Bellevue)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:18 PM
first350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police in Factoria (Near Bellevue)

FYI: There's a motorcycle cop sitting at the corner of Factoria Blvd & Coal Creek Parkway (near 405)...he's on the curb and checking the inside of every car that passes (I think he's looking for seat belts).
Old 07-20-2006, 06:54 PM
joe rawket

i saw the exact same thing the other day... sooo that's what he's doing.....
Old 07-20-2006, 07:22 PM
pacificwindsurf

I have been soo mad today !!! I got a speeding ticket this morning driving Westbound on I-90 on my way into Seattle. But wait until you hear the details.

I was approaching that area near Mercer Island where the express lanes start. There was a gold colored Camaro or Pontiac in the far left carpool lane and he was headed into the express lanes. Then at the last minute he decides to stay on the main line and so then his lane ended, so he had to merge in front of me. I can't say he totally cut me off, but he basically did. I had to slow down to like 50 or 55 mph. By now I'm totally pissed at this guy, thinking that he is driving like he doesn't know where he is going, plus the fact that he merged in front of me going slow. So, like any normal driver, I start to get upset and floor it to go around him, and of course, he's a cop in an unmarked Camaro or Pontiac type car.

This is a cruel tactic for them to do and I feel it is basically entrapment. They drive an unmarked cheap American sports car, cut you off, and then when you get upset and go to pass them, they ticket you for speeding and following too closely.

The other thing that really makes me upset is that when you consider all the car theft, house burglaries and so forth, and this is how they spend their time and resources. I am just trying to go to work and actually contribute to our state economy, and they hunt me down like I am the criminal. What a bunch of useless BS !!!!!

Last edited by pacificwindsurf; 07-20-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Was it a white Camaro? If so, I've seen that...crazy! There's a blue Dodge Charger running around too.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:56 PM
Soccerprep205

although it seems like entrapment... and its F*CKING BS, and i COMPLETLY disagree with this tactic.. they aren't breaking any rules by doing this. its not entrapment because nobody forced you to get upset and floor it around him for the pass.(im sure you already know this since you said "Basically". i hate cops.. ive been swinging both ways cause ive met some good cops and bad cops...i dont like to generalize.. but the great majority are just power hungry people that got teased to much **** in high school.(white castle)
Old 07-20-2006, 07:57 PM
pacificwindsurf

No, this was like gold or orange brown, and it didn't even look that new. I usually notice their "WSP" license plates but not this time. A few weeks ago I also saw a WSP car that had a Corvette pulled over on the I-90 bridge express lanes. I guess they are targeting I-90 pretty heavily now.

Last edited by pacificwindsurf; 07-20-2006 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:59 PM
pacificwindsurf

Yeah what I hate is that when your car gets broken into there is "nothing they can do", but go 5 mph over the limit and suddenly they have an entire police force working against you. In the past I have found the state police to be very professional, and I only had issues with city police, but this was not the case this time. This state patrol cop was kind of young and I think I had 3 strikes against me the moment he pulled me over.

Originally Posted by Soccerprep205
although it seems like entrapment... and its F*CKING BS, and i COMPLETLY disagree with this tactic.. they aren't breaking any rules by doing this. its not entrapment because nobody forced you to get upset and floor it around him for the pass.(im sure you already know this since you said "Basically". i hate cops.. ive been swinging both ways cause ive met some good cops and bad cops...i dont like to generalize.. but the great majority are just power hungry people that got teased to much **** in high school.(white castle)
Old 07-21-2006, 03:21 PM
350dgrz

I've seen numerous newer Impalas and Taurus' with dark tint, a gold Chevy or GMC truck, a gold Chrysler Sebring 4dr, a black Subaru Legacy 4dr. Be careful out there! They are out in force!
Old 07-22-2006, 05:48 AM
ALong

Call the law firm of Mukelstone & Muckleston (sp?). Should be able to find them in the phone book . They charge $350 for speeding tickets and wont charge you the full fee if they cant get you completly off. I know a number of people that have used them and not one of them didnt get the ticket dropped.

This is clearly a case of dirty tactics on behalf of the WSP, especially if he cut you off then wrote you a ticket for "following too close."
Old 07-23-2006, 07:16 PM
Devil Z

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be on the lookout.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:24 PM
pacificwindsurf

Thanks for the referral. Yes someone else also suggested that law firm, and I also found a very favorable article about that firm in the Seattle Times online, so I am going to go with them.

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2006, 01:43 PM
MadMax76

I've seen umarked white camaro on the way to Everett before. He would start racing with people and if they go with it he'd ticket them.
Old 07-24-2006, 02:46 PM
dkorr

what kind of car is it? color?
Old 07-24-2006, 03:25 PM
first350

Originally Posted by MadMax76
I've seen umarked white camaro on the way to Everett before. He would start racing with people and if they go with it he'd ticket them.
what?! How's that not entrapment? That just seems so wrong...I work up in Everett - good thing I usually commute in my civic.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:11 PM
pacificwindsurf

This is making me so mad I almost want to sell my Z and buy a speed boat. If you've never experienced it, I must tell you, racing a speedboat on Puget Sound gives an awesome feeling of freedom. As long as you are not near a port, no one can tell you to slow down. The entire sea is yours. If you want to endanger yourself, so be it, but basically you can go as fast as you personally feel it is safe to do so.

Old 07-24-2006, 07:17 PM
simonfencer

You could always dial 9-1-1 on your cell phone and report a reckless driver...
Old 08-02-2006, 08:40 PM
pacificwindsurf

Ok, sorry to continue with this again, but this morning I saw the same cop, who it turns out is not WSP but rather Issaquah Police !!! , with a guy pulled over at exactly the same spot where he got me - Westbound I-90 on Mercer Island right where the Express lanes begin.

How can the Issaquah police be targeting people on not only I-90, but Mercer Island ??? I have blown right past city police before on I-5 thinking that they could not or would not pull me over on an interstate freeway !
Old 08-02-2006, 08:58 PM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that particular part of the freeway falls within their jurisdiction, they are free to pull you over. For example, my father is a hamburg (Buffalo, NY suburb) cop. Part of the NYS Thruway runs through hamburg... all hamburg cops are free to ticket on in. In general they dont, they leave it to the NY State Police, but it is not technically against any rules.