Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

~~~~10-01-2006 Mt Baker Cruise Photos~~~~

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 08:23 PM
first350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seatown z
have you ever thought about painting the headlight housings...i have a black z too...and when i saw it on another car, it looked real good ...you got any go fast mods done to it yet...oh and one more thing how are your jic coilovers...how's the ride, been looking for a good set of them...just wondered if it felt too stiff...thanks for the info...good job on the z...
I thought about painting the lights, but my Z is on lease and I haven't decided if I'll keep it when the lease is up...for now I'm just trying to get as many track events as possible! Also, I'd be afraid of it not being constant thickness. (I've seen overlays that looked perfect, so I'll give it another shot)

other mods: pullies, MD spacer, cat deletes, 75 shot nitrous, hotckis sways, Injen short-ram, cryo-rotors...also have a 2nd set of brake pads and wheels for the track.

JIC coilovers: I just got them a few weeks ago - so far I love them. They're lowered about 2 1/2" and it's not too bad - but I've bottomed out a few times - but no tire rubbing yet. They're set a few clicks from full soft, so the ride really isn't too stiff. I've been super busy at work so I haven't gotten a chance to change the dampening yet...it looks doutbful that I'll have much time for the next few weeks - we just moved into our new house and it's full of boxes at the moment. (But I can't wait b/c I get a 3 car garage!)

-Peter

*let me know if you want a ride with the JIC's before you buy them. (Since my garage is not in order yet, I had World One performance do the install; great guys and service. Jason had competetive prices too!)
Old 10-02-2006, 08:24 PM
first350

Thanks for taking all the pics guys! (I tried having my wife snap a few, but our camera lense ended up being out of focus for all of them )

-Peter
Old 10-03-2006, 07:45 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by first350
I thought about painting the lights, but my Z is on lease and I haven't decided if I'll keep it when the lease is up...for now I'm just trying to get as many track events as possible!
how come you did all those mods if you're only leasing your car??? are you going to return it stock when the lease is up and sell all ur parts???
Old 10-03-2006, 08:48 AM
first350

Originally Posted by dkorr
how come you did all those mods if you're only leasing your car??? are you going to return it stock when the lease is up and sell all ur parts???
that's the current plan...the car was leased for tax and buisness reasons. The basic cost to us is only gas...lease payments and insurance is covered by my wife's company. (btw: my wife work's for her family buisness, and I do some part time work for them too)
Old 10-03-2006, 09:00 AM
seatown z

hey thanks first350...i'm still deciding on whether i should get the jic's or the stance coilovers...been reading up on them...i might have to take you up on your offer to ride in your z... just so i can make a better decision...
Old 10-03-2006, 09:05 PM
dkorr

hey FIRST350 i showed some friends pics of your black Z and everyone loves it. i got a feeling we're all gonna slam our Zs and black out our lights. here are some DIY articles to make our cars look cooler like FIRST350.

http://www.*********.com/zwiki/Tutor...ing_Taillights
Old 10-04-2006, 09:41 AM
first350

Originally Posted by dkorr
hey FIRST350 i showed some friends pics of your black Z and everyone loves it. i got a feeling we're all gonna slam our Zs and black out our lights. here are some DIY articles to make our cars look cooler like FIRST350.

http://www.*********.com/zwiki/Tutor...ing_Taillights
dKorr, the link doesn't work...also, I'm in the middle of moving into our new house that has a 3 car garage - wthin a few months I should have everything cleaned up...after that I was thinking we could try some group installs if we got enough interest. (someone was already thinking of doing a deck install...maybe do other mods like intake/plenum/exhuast/coilovers...)
Old 10-04-2006, 09:51 AM
efx

dKorr, the link doesn't work...also, I'm in the middle of moving into our new house that has a 3 car garage - wthin a few months I should have everything cleaned up...after that I was thinking we could try some group installs if we got enough interest. (someone was already thinking of doing a deck install...maybe do other mods like intake/plenum/exhuast/coilovers...)

Im down for a groupie
Old 10-04-2006, 10:17 AM
dkorr

For some retarded reason www.my350z.com wont allow the words "350z" and "tech" posted in the same line (just like the words f**k, s**t, and p*ssy) so I'm gonna post the URL as an image.
Attached Thumbnails ~~~~10-01-2006 Mt Baker Cruise Photos~~~~-untitled-2.jpg  

Last edited by dkorr; 10-04-2006 at 10:30 AM.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:31 AM
dkorr

GOOD IDEA, plenum, lowering springs/shocks, etc
Old 10-04-2006, 11:11 PM
microsteve40
Know it all

Here's a link to all of my pics from the drive:

http://s56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...ive/?start=all