Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

NWN Presents The Northwests Biggest Meet "Golden Gardens 2007"

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 11:26 PM
dkorr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
I know that area really well too, since I spend alot of time in Greenwood. Your directions make sense, and are easy to follow. My original ideas involved more turns and going through some back streets, but where traffic is lighter, and you just have stop signs. No traffic lights, left turns at intersections, or crossing major streets. There's 2 spots I'd worry about getting split up with your directions. 1 is pulling out of the mall on to Northgate Way which is tough, whether you pull out onto 5th or 1st and then make the Left onto Northgate Way. The other is depending on how long the light stays green when crossing Aurora, and how many people in the caravan drive like old Asian ladies All of this may not matter though, since it's fairly early on a Sunday morning. Overall I think your directions make sense, and are probably the one we should go wit
Yeah I agree with you. Those left turn lights are killers. We'll just have to pull off to the side of the road to wait for others I guess... any suggestions for alternate routes?

Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My suggestion is that we use 2 (or more) radios w/ decent range or our phones; one for the lead car, one for the car bringing up the rear. We cruise to 32nd Ave NW and the lead car (and all cars behind him) pulls over to wait until he get's the O.K. from the car bring up the rear after passing 28th Ave (last stop light?). While waiting, anyone that wants to go down further down the hill to take pics as we drive by or video can do so.

We can even go as far as using a car to block traffic (corner of 32nd Pl & Loyal Way NW) so that no one interrupts the procession.

Or... the lead car can just drive to GG REALLY slow. That should give the guys at the end the opportunity to catch up. However it won't prevent other motorists from interrupting the line.

Not having been to the NWN meet before; I'm guessing we'll be parking at the north most section of the parking lot near the bathrooms, basketball court and turn-around at the end. If I remember correctly, that only holds around 150-200 cars. Can anyone verify this? Might be tough finding 30 spots next to each other. Can we RSVP?
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM
johnlotusboy

The north ends full up very early. It was LARGE, worth a walk around with the camera but it will have some crazies too! If you have stuff for sale it's part garage sale also.
We can be snobs and go have lunch in a large group, a couple years ago we parked below the Red Robin @ Northgate. We were able to take pictures down on the group of cars from there.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:09 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

I say we talk to the organizer and RSVP at least 20 spots for my350z.com. If they can see our post they'll know we're showing up BIG and reserve us some spaces!

Also here's here suggestion

Golden Garden AFTER-PARTY! Let's all go to lunch and I'll be willing to set up a nice cruise/reservation/etc for us if we can get some interest. I know good cruising locations. I'm thinking up I-5 then merge to I-90 to go across the bridge and to a restaurant in the eastside (nice part of town to roll your Z in)

Whose in?!

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 03-12-2007 at 08:13 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:26 AM
dkorr

Originally Posted by drivesolo
My suggestion is that we use 2 (or more) radios w/ decent range or our phones; one for the lead car, one for the car bringing up the rear. We cruise to 32nd Ave NW and the lead car (and all cars behind him) pulls over to wait until he get's the O.K. from the car bring up the rear after passing 28th Ave (last stop light?). While waiting, anyone that wants to go down further down the hill to take pics as we drive by or video can do so.

We can even go as far as using a car to block traffic (corner of 32nd Pl & Loyal Way NW) so that no one interrupts the procession.

Or... the lead car can just drive to GG REALLY slow. That should give the guys at the end the opportunity to catch up. However it won't prevent other motorists from interrupting the line.

Not having been to the NWN meet before; I'm guessing we'll be parking at the north most section of the parking lot near the bathrooms, basketball court and turn-around at the end. If I remember correctly, that only holds around 150-200 cars. Can anyone verify this? Might be tough finding 30 spots next to each other. Can we RSVP?
how about this...

Old 03-12-2007, 08:47 AM
drivesolo

^ Dude, you make the BEST MAPS!

I think we should set some groud rules. As much as I LUV getting a little nuts behind the wheel. We should really be mindful of our surroundings and the consequences of our actions. We'll be traveling through an urban residential area, and what's worse is it's "rich" residential which means the cops will be there faster than you can say "But officer... it wasn't me, it was that other Z." I think I read somewhere that last year there were a few citations handed out by cops. I think local law enforcement might be a little more critical about our presence there so it's best not to attract any unwanted attention.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:09 AM
dkorr

^ Dude, you make the BEST MAPS!

I think we should set some groud rules. As much as I LUV getting a little nuts behind the wheel. We should really be mindful of our surroundings (Luke)and the consequences of our actions. We'll be traveling through an urban residential area, and what's worse is it's "rich" residential which means the cops will be there faster than you can say "But officer... it wasn't me, it was that other Z." I think I read somewhere that last year there were a few citations handed out by cops. I think local law enforcement might be a little more critical about (Emperor) our presence (Vader) there so it's best not to attract any unwanted attention (Stormtroopers).
LOL... starting to sound a little like Obi-Wan
Old 03-12-2007, 09:12 AM
dkorr

Default Id

maybe we should try putting on nametags to identify each other... might be nice to finally find out who's who...

place ID tag here...

for example...

and use this as template

Old 03-12-2007, 09:14 AM
drivesolo

Originally Posted by dkorr
LOL... starting to sound a little like Obi-Wan
LOL!

All that's missing from my statement above is "And may the Force be with you."

Last edited by drivesolo; 03-12-2007 at 09:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:52 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Definitely watch what you do. NWN doesn't accept stupid actions like burnouts or drifting at their meets. Cops will prob be around since they prob know about this event ahead of time. Even if they don't, they are bound to pay attention when they see all these modified cars running around the area. So be careful.

At the same time, we need to stay in a tight group, make sure you're paying attention at lights and turns at intersections so we can get everyone through. Don't be that guy...
Old 03-12-2007, 03:53 PM
Devil Z

13 more days and still waiting.

I'm going to be ****ing PISSED if I get my car like 2 days after this meet.
Old 03-12-2007, 04:43 PM
first350

I think we should set some groud rules. As much as I LUV getting a little nuts behind the wheel. We should really be mindful of our surroundings and the consequences of our actions.
+1 I like get'n the rear end loose and having fun, but I'd rather not get hit by someone else, or to give cops a reason to pull me over. (On the Mt. Baker cruise this past summer, I almost got rear ended by another guy...he ended up swearving into the oncoming lane to miss hitting me ...after that, I hung at the back of the pack and took it easy)

-Peter
Old 03-13-2007, 07:34 AM
SpoilsofWar

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So have the Oregonians decided on a meeting point for the drive north?
Old 03-13-2007, 08:19 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Originally Posted by first350
+1 I like get'n the rear end loose and having fun, but I'd rather not get hit by someone else, or to give cops a reason to pull me over. (On the Mt. Baker cruise this past summer, I almost got rear ended by another guy...he ended up swearving into the oncoming lane to miss hitting me ...after that, I hung at the back of the pack and took it easy)

-Peter
I agree Peter, this should jsut be a chill/relaxing cruise to show off our rides and check out others. All the crazy driving can be done in private time or together on the track/specified cruise. Plus there is only 1 mile of road before we get to the park anyway.

Alvin
Old 03-15-2007, 07:33 PM
jrbump

^ Oregon Convoy is at PIR Burger King: http://www.northwestnissans.com/boar...ht=burger+king

Golden Gardens is a Public Park and we can't reserve any spaces, if you want to park in a group (which I love to see) get there early and stake your claim in the lot.

Oh and stay for lunch guys, burgers and dogs!

The police always treat us pretty well, the real kings of the park are the maintenance guys. Don't make a mess around the garbage cans and they will stay cool.

I will post your list on ours!

Lastly, check out the updates!

Golden Gardens Waits For No Man
it will however wait for a girl, like a really hot open minded one that’s maybe a little bi-curious

Sunday March 25th, 2007. 10am.
Golden Gardens, Seattle, WA
Google Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...m=1&iwloc=addr

This year Golden gardens is going to be the best ever. Some of the features you can look forward to are :

Show and Shine!

It’s been a long cold winter, all sorts of snow and ice. Get your beater running, get your show car cleaned up, get some street tires on your track beast or get a trailer if you have to. Whatever it takes, get to GG2007.

BBQ! Free for club members!!!!

Not a club member yet? Hurry, hurry HURRY! Sign up here!!!!!

Sponsor Giveaways!

UP Garage, Unnatural Inc, Axiom Motorsports, Phase2 Motortrend and NWN have all donated items and services to be raffled off at the meet. Get there early and buy all the tickets you can.

Swap Meet!

Everyone is encouraged to bring stuff to sell / trade and CASH, bring a lot of cash people.

NWN Merchandise!

Expect to see the full range of NWN products at discounted prices:

T-shirts $15
Hoodies $35
Lanyards $5
Decals $5 for 2
Drift ***** $15
Hats $15

DIRECTIONS!

I-5 Northbound or Southbound:

* Take exit to 85th St and head west.
* Follow 85th West to dead end at the bluff.
* Take a right turn and go downhill .
* Go under the railroad tracks and arrive at the entrance of the park.

The west on 85th part is a long street with a lot of stoplights, don't worry as long as you stay on 85th you will not go too far, it seems to take forever. When it dead ends - turn right and follow the twisty road down.

More details are being firmed up but this is pretty much how it’s gonna be.

copy and paste the list if you are coming, keep this list updated throughout the days leading up to the 25th.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:55 AM
icedoutis
Banned

I'm game. Just got the time off work. keep me informed on where and when we are meeting. Thanks. Drew
Old 03-16-2007, 10:09 AM
theianmonster

I'll be there! I'll be reppin' NissanPacific.com (I'm the Vice Pres.).
Old 03-19-2007, 05:25 AM
drivesolo

Less than a week to go until the GG meet. Let's update the list so we can get a good idea of the numbers we're gonna be dealing w/ for this caravan. Add or remove your name as needed:

1) Drivesolo / Renton,WA / 20 miles, South
2) Wasuber / Woodinville/ guessing bout 18 miles, eastish
3) Triple8Sol
4) Mixturepinoy/ Puyallup/ East of Tacoma about 25 miles
5) Davboy
6) Vstrizheus (Auburn / Northeast of Tacoma)
7) Devil Z (Sammamish / about 30-40 minutes)
8) aznJ (Kent, south of renton, north of auburn)
9) dkorr ~ Seattle ~ 5 mins away )
10) Redlude97 (Seattle, ~ 10 mins away)
11) ChestRockwell ____________
12) AlvinHuyN (Woodinville / 20 miles Eastside)
13) Cersoft (Kirkland / no idea of the distance ...)
14) first350 (most likley...coming from Newcastle)
15) audio_file
16) anntyper
17) ZEJOKER <- some bastard took my name (G35driver.com JOKER) Pacific
18) SpoilsofWar
19) johnlotusboy
20) RedLeader
21) Tonyrd1
22) jrenriqueZ (Puyallup)
23) Pacfwu (maybe??)
24)
Old 03-19-2007, 09:26 AM
icedoutis
Banned

you forgot me on the list *goes and cries in a corner*
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM
wasuber

1) Drivesolo / Renton,WA / 20 miles, South
2) Wasuber / Woodinville/ guessing bout 18 miles, eastish
3) Triple8Sol
4) Mixturepinoy/ Puyallup/ East of Tacoma about 25 miles
5) Davboy
6) Vstrizheus (Auburn / Northeast of Tacoma)
7) Devil Z (Sammamish / about 30-40 minutes)
8) aznJ (Kent, south of renton, north of auburn)
9) dkorr ~ Seattle ~ 5 mins away )
10) Redlude97 (Seattle, ~ 10 mins away)
11) ChestRockwell ____________
12) AlvinHuyN (Woodinville / 20 miles Eastside)
13) Cersoft (Kirkland / no idea of the distance ...)
14) first350 (most likley...coming from Newcastle)
15) audio_file
16) anntyper
17) ZEJOKER <- some bastard took my name (G35driver.com JOKER) Pacific
18) SpoilsofWar
19) johnlotusboy
20) RedLeader
21) Tonyrd1
22) jrenriqueZ (Puyallup)
23) Pacfwu (maybe??)
24) icedoutis

there ya go

Quick Reply: NWN Presents The Northwests Biggest Meet "Golden Gardens 2007"