Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Calling all Z's from Seattle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah...so they're looking for show, not go...gotcha. Well...there's gotta be someone that'll be in town to represent!
Old 06-26-2007, 03:56 PM
skidmarq

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Unfortunately, from a marketing stand point, aesthetics will be far more important and presentable than having a FI setup with stock exterior.
Ouch!!
Old 06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
Why would it matter what brand tires you have to begin with? If your car is sponsored at an event booth, then you should get free toyo tires to put on the car for the event.
Whoever said anything about the selected car being sponsored?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:37 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Ah...so they're looking for show, not go...gotcha. Well...there's gotta be someone that'll be in town to represent!
Not necessarily true. If you have show and go, than that would be the ultimate candidate but if you have all go and no show, then you probably will not qualify.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Divergent13

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Whoever said anything about the selected car being sponsored?
Hi Andy,

I believe you hinted at this in your original post.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:05 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Divergent13
Hi Andy,

I believe you hinted at this in your original post.
Actually, I didnt. No where did I mention anything remotely about sponsorship or any sort of compensation.
Old 06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
skidmarq

Can you be more clear on what exactly you are looking for in regards to "show"? Just curious is all...
Old 06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by skidmarq
Can you be more clear on what exactly you are looking for in regards to "show"? Just curious is all...
Sure. The car that is being selected is purely at my discretion. Toyo Tires and I have an understanding and share the same overall visual appeal from a marketing stand point.

What I am looking for is a Z that is visually stimulating to the public, the public meaning that a person that doesnt own a Z33 or is not educated about the Z to look at it and say, "that car is sick!". There are certain appealing features that are a must like a genuine aero kit (not replica). Obviously, the more detailed work that goes into making the car stand out is also a plus. The overall attributes that I am looking for visually is the appearance; how aggressive is the aero kit? Is it genuine? Is it mix and matched or the full scheme? Are there any detailed accents? The stance; is the car sitting too high? Too low? Does camber look symmetrical? The wheel fitment; How aggressive is the fitment? How unique is the wheel? How is the quality on the wheels? Does the color of the wheel flow with the rest of the car? What kind of lugs are being used? The car that I am selecting is not in any type of judging category as it will be an exhibitor vehicle. There are certain standards that I have when building a car for marketing purposes or for a corporate project. All genuine high quality parts, I.E; NISMO, HKS, VOLK Racing, etc will be a must. If you have a Megan Racing BBK, you might as well not even consider your car, not that I am bashing on the product, but it just does not meet my standards as an exhibitor vehicle.

On the performance aspect of it, of course there are certain things that the vehicle must have like basic bolt ons. It doesnt have to have a crazy engine build like nitrouz's Z but it does have to project an image that the car is more than just pretty. If you have a FI setup; awesome. That just takes the visual appeal to another level, not only does it look fast, but it is fast. I know a lot of you are more serious about improving the performance abilities of your Z which is awesome, BUT a corporate company will never consider sponsoring a car that isnt visually appealing. Lowering your car and putting on wheels will not be enough.

I know Seattle has some sick Z's, I have plenty of you guys ordering from mynismo.com all the time. Lets see some of the best Z's from the Seattle area!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:25 PM
Batman3

I am just curious what do you think of my car? James the Toyo person that I met up in Vancouver loved the car and is willing to give me a chance for a sponsor next year.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:31 PM
Devil Z

I think my car qualifies but unfortunately I'm not running on Toyos.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
tonyrd1

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I think my car qualifies but unfortunately I'm not running on Toyos.
Me too
Old 06-26-2007, 07:41 PM
wasuber

Thumbs up

Andy I think that gives everyone a more clear understanding, I agree on the oooh ahhh factor. I would like to see some sick Z's creep out of the woodwork like you describe but we are a bit more conservative here in the NW I think.

Except for Batman3 of course (paint the rest of your car dude(JK DUDE )

Alas this is the land of Replica kits, and my front lip and rears are the only parts that are not Nismo other than that I get tons of stares and double takes how about some skylines? I know a guy with a sick R33 on the boards here, he has the high end setup you are looking for with HKS/Do-Luck/ Nismo/ etc... genuine stuff.

I think your best bet is to give some of the Cali guys some gas money and for them to drive up you guys have some sick *** cars down there.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:25 PM
Brooksie

someone needs to buy my damn house so i can start getting more chit for my car
Old 06-26-2007, 08:37 PM
turtle503

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so basicly you want a HOT z all around(show and go) that has toyo tires to go to the show, park there car in your booth and not get anything for doing it? just the pleasure of making people think your car is sponsored by toyo tires?
Old 06-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I would do something like that, but only if it was helping out a friend or a shop that I have a relationship with. Who wants to spend all that money out of their own pocket on building the car, then spend all that time detailing the car before the show, so that a huge company like Toyo can use it for their marketing purposes for free? As an exhibitor car, you won't even be competing for anything, just for display. This sounds really lame. As it turns out, an old friend contacted me, so I might have my car at Formula D after all, to help out a local shop. I'll keep you guys posted
Old 06-26-2007, 09:29 PM
redlude97

Originally Posted by wasuber
Except for Batman3 of course (paint the rest of your car dude(JK DUDE )
And cut your quarter panels so they stop shredding your tires
Old 06-26-2007, 09:36 PM
Batman3

Getting rolled this weekend and putting back in my spacers. I am going to leave the side and the fender flares will stay black.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:31 PM
wasuber

Originally Posted by redlude97
And cut your quarter panels so they stop shredding your tires
+1
Old 06-26-2007, 10:55 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by Batman3
Getting rolled this weekend and putting back in my spacers. I am going to leave the side and the fender flares will stay black.
No spacers! Get some wide wheels and tires to justify those fat flares!
Old 06-27-2007, 12:15 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Originally Posted by Batman3
I am just curious what do you think of my car? James the Toyo person that I met up in Vancouver loved the car and is willing to give me a chance for a sponsor next year.
I sent you a PM already. I dont know who James is but I know the marketing director at Toyo personally and hes the one that sponsored my car. I have a friend that also works there as a project manager.

Last edited by Andy@Performance; 06-27-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Quick Reply: Calling all Z's from Seattle!