Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Calling all Z's from Seattle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 06:58 AM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it's clear that this isn't going anywhere.

Though I understand your point of view, Andy, I think it's safe to say that trying to get a car out there for the whole event without really being sponsored or at least conpensated by Toyos would really rather hurt someone's rep if they're serious about getting sponsorships.

First, it would make it seem like other tire companies can't approach the owner about sponsorships. Second, it would seem weird because if you're not getting anything out of it, why would you want to rep a tire company? People would know you're an idiot for doing it - unless you're helping out a close friend. I think that they make a nice profit margin from selling tires can't they give a bit back to the person who is coming out there staying all day to promote their products?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:12 AM
Devil Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you're point would've been clearer if you just told Andy that he's making himself look like a dick and that he's not making much friends along the way so far . . . LOL.

Just an FYI, don't come here talking as if you own the place.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:21 AM
first350

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I think you're point would've been clearer if you just told Andy that he's making himself look like a dick and that he's not making much friends along the way so far . . . LOL.

Just an FYI, don't come here talking as if you own the place.

I say go easy on him...he's obviously not the one who's making the decision - sounds like he's just trying to help out one of his suppliers (Toyo). It sounds like if you build a show car and are trying to get your foot in the door for sponsorships and media coverage, this would be for you...but there's just not that many ppl that fit this.

**I know when I was looking for sponsors, they all wanted to see other venues that my car had been shown at...something like this would have helped IF I was in the show car arena.

good luck andy!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:27 AM
Devil Z

Well speak for yourself; several members and myself all sorta think he's being a dick.

I'm not being angry or mean here Peter; I'm just "extremely open" to whatever the hell I want to say.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:30 AM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Next!
Don't you at least have something nice to say about the car instead of making a comment like that?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Jabdo233
Don't you at least have something nice to say about the car instead of making a comment like that?
Obviously non of our cars are as awesome as his own. Even a built TT is nothing in comparison to Andy's (I mean god) almighty Z.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:38 AM
first350

Originally Posted by Devil Z
Well speak for yourself; several members and myself all sorta think he's being a dick.

I'm not being angry or mean here Peter; I'm just "extremely open" to whatever the hell I want to say.
from the emails I exchanged with Andy, he was nice...either way, there's an autoX event this Sat and Sun, so I'm happy
Old 06-29-2007, 09:43 AM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by first350
I say go easy on him...he's obviously not the one who's making the decision - sounds like he's just trying to help out one of his suppliers (Toyo).
Actually, he stated pretty clearly, in his 1st post, that he's been tasked with this project and he is the one making the decision.

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
I have been asked by Toyo Tires to select a Z for them to display at their booth for Formula Drift.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:45 AM
Divergent13

I say go easy on him...he's obviously not the one who's making the decision - sounds like he's just trying to help out one of his suppliers (Toyo). It sounds like if you build a show car and are trying to get your foot in the door for sponsorships and media coverage, this would be for you...but there's just not that many ppl that fit this.

**I know when I was looking for sponsors, they all wanted to see other venues that my car had been shown at...something like this would have helped IF I was in the show car arena.

good luck andy!
No, his standards are clearly way too high. What does he freakin expect... 50k worth of show mods on the car? Not everyone has the means to spend that kind of coin on the car even if they are buying the exact mods he and Toyo are looking for. This is just unacceptable... even though my car would not qualifiy for anything I just feel sorry for some of the members here who clearly do deserve a chance.

Last edited by Divergent13; 06-29-2007 at 09:47 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Divergent13

from the emails I exchanged with Andy, he was nice...either way, there's an autoX event this Sat and Sun, so I'm happy
Yeah, maybe andy can drive up and "nicely" let all of us know in person how much our cars suck.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Mike@JTuned

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN
I think it's clear that this isn't going anywhere.

Though I understand your point of view, Andy, I think it's safe to say that trying to get a car out there for the whole event without really being sponsored or at least conpensated by Toyos would really rather hurt someone's rep if they're serious about getting sponsorships.

First, it would make it seem like other tire companies can't approach the owner about sponsorships. Second, it would seem weird because if you're not getting anything out of it, why would you want to rep a tire company? People would know you're an idiot for doing it - unless you're helping out a close friend. I think that they make a nice profit margin from selling tires can't they give a bit back to the person who is coming out there staying all day to promote their products?
You're basing this off of what? Ever think by just showing up, this might be a good opportunity to network?
Think about it, if they choose your car to rep in their booth, that right there says that you have something special and it can be the beginning of a professional relationship.
And believe it or not, large manufactures are not out to use and abuse the individual. Unfortunately, it's usually the other way around.

Most of the cars I've seen here I do like. Alvin I wish you were able to make it out I would have loved to have your car in our booth. And Devil Z your 350 sounds very promising, are there any pics of it?

Last edited by Mike@JTuned; 06-29-2007 at 10:06 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Soccerprep205

Maybe we should just put my vette in the booth yay

<----banned once a mod sees me attempting to steal the Z spot hahaha
Old 06-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Mixturepinoy

There's a louis Vitton G in the NW. I think he got his interior from Pat? lol
Old 06-29-2007, 11:20 AM
Andy@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Okay guys, I think that people are taking this way too personally. Because I said, "Next!" that is insulting someones car? There is nothing wrong with any Z on this forum, I ALWAYS tell people that at the end of the day, your car is YOUR car. You have to look at it everyday so you should do what makes you happy and what suits you and your lifestyle. I've exchanged e-mails with quite a few of you and others that are not as active on the boards. If my opinion didn't matter than why do people persist for it? Honestly, NO ONE's opinion should matter based on what you want to do with your car. There are certain things that companies look for in a sponsorship program and if you don't fit the mold than you dont fit it. If you think that a company owes you something for using your car, than that is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that mentality. BUT, if you are someone who is pursuing sponsorships and exposure for your car, it would be a lot more beneficial for you to be willing to volunteer for these types of opportunities and build a network with different companies. That is your "IN" game, getting your foot in the door and exploring options that come afterwards.

If people think that I am being a d1ck than it is what it is. I've been loyally serving this forum and the Z community for almost 3 years now. Answering all your questions from phone calls, PM's, e-mails, etc day after day, after day. Some of you act as if I play or am "God" on this forum which I find quite insulting and offending. I contribute as much as I can to this community and try to open doors to opportunities for forum members and now I'm the d1ck? Like I said, it is what it is. If you don't want my opinion than don't ask for it. I have never bashed on any forum member here or their Z. Sorry if it seems like I'm coming off as a d1ck, that was not the intention in any way.

Honestly, my first choice of car was Alvin. He's great with the community, he's very active and his car is the closest to what fits the profile of what I am looking for. But obviously due to scheduling conflicts and reading his last post, he probably wouldn't even do it unless he had compensation which is understandable. I am still searching for a Z and I've narrowed down my choices based on what I've seen here as well as e-mails.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
Volk350Z
Master

wow this is getting crazy..

You guys should think of it this way, if you were the marketing guy at a Large Comany what would you want to see @ a Major Drift event that would rep your company well...

my car backin the day was at an event for toyo and I wasn't sponsor then, after the event I talk to the guys there and ending up my car got sponsored. I didn't push them on sponsorship but they asked me after the event.

my 2 cents
Old 06-29-2007, 12:54 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Wow? I think Andy was just being somewhat honest. Most of the cars posted did not fit the bill and I almost threw up looking at one of the cars, but i'm not going to be specific. No big deal and move on. The problem that people have with obtaining quality sponsorships and building good relationships has been displayed on this thread and people wonder why a select few get "free parts" and sponsorships. Sometimes you got to give a little to get a little and in most cases a lot back once you prove that you are not like every other joe schmoe out there looking for "free parts" and are more concerned about them capitalizing on their return on investment and proving that you are someone they should invest in. You have to think outside of the box sometimes to get what you ultimately want, but it isn't always easy.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 06-29-2007 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
skidmarq

Well said, Rick!

p.s. I know it was my car you were talking about, LOL
Old 06-29-2007, 01:42 PM
Devil Z

I don't think anyone here is actively looking for a sponsorship. I know I'm not . . . all I'm saying is, don't ask people to do **** for you for free . . . . nohting's free these days.
Old 06-29-2007, 01:50 PM
Jabdo233

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pretty sure he was either referring to the Veilside or the blue g35.

Last edited by Jabdo233; 06-29-2007 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
redlude97

I don't even think the blue g is active on this site, the only reason we suggested it was that is was/is sponsored by toyo, the very brand that wants promotion at this drift event. Someone at toyo had to have thought it was sponsorship material

Quick Reply: Calling all Z's from Seattle!