North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Calling all Z's from Seattle!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 02:32 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Andy@Performance
Okay guys, I think that people are taking this way too personally. Because I said, "Next!" that is insulting someones car? There is nothing wrong with any Z on this forum, I ALWAYS tell people that at the end of the day, your car is YOUR car. You have to look at it everyday so you should do what makes you happy and what suits you and your lifestyle. I've exchanged e-mails with quite a few of you and others that are not as active on the boards. If my opinion didn't matter than why do people persist for it? Honestly, NO ONE's opinion should matter based on what you want to do with your car. There are certain things that companies look for in a sponsorship program and if you don't fit the mold than you dont fit it. If you think that a company owes you something for using your car, than that is your opinion and there is nothing wrong with that mentality. BUT, if you are someone who is pursuing sponsorships and exposure for your car, it would be a lot more beneficial for you to be willing to volunteer for these types of opportunities and build a network with different companies. That is your "IN" game, getting your foot in the door and exploring options that come afterwards.

If people think that I am being a d1ck than it is what it is. I've been loyally serving this forum and the Z community for almost 3 years now. Answering all your questions from phone calls, PM's, e-mails, etc day after day, after day. Some of you act as if I play or am "God" on this forum which I find quite insulting and offending. I contribute as much as I can to this community and try to open doors to opportunities for forum members and now I'm the d1ck? Like I said, it is what it is. If you don't want my opinion than don't ask for it. I have never bashed on any forum member here or their Z. Sorry if it seems like I'm coming off as a d1ck, that was not the intention in any way.

Honestly, my first choice of car was Alvin. He's great with the community, he's very active and his car is the closest to what fits the profile of what I am looking for. But obviously due to scheduling conflicts and reading his last post, he probably wouldn't even do it unless he had compensation which is understandable. I am still searching for a Z and I've narrowed down my choices based on what I've seen here as well as e-mails.
I think there is a bit of misunderstanding going on then. I was reading what you posted as a request for a Z to show up and basically promotes for free.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are doing your job and searching for the right car to show up. I am just a bit disappointed that there were plenty of cars I viewed as capable of doing it that members posted and were turned down.

I am very honored that you considered my car to be in the event and as you stated, you have helped out the Z community in the past couple years and if I could have been there to help you in return I would show up. In doing so, it would be a kind gesture for a fellow member. As for the sponsorship or getting so called "free-items" - it's not my intention, but I do believe it would be a good professional gesture by Toyo for the person who promotes their products.

If I had been in town then (I'm in Houston now) I would help you out. It would be a fun thing for me to be there - and I'm not into the whole show thing so sponsorship isn't really in my list either. It's really unfortunate that time isn't working out...I get back July 15. I wish you guys luck, honestly, I think you have a few very good choices available.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
skidmarq

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alvin, I just noticed I made your Cardomain "shout out" list

Thx man, that means a lot to me! If you want to put me down with my name (Keith), that is all good too! Have fun in Houston, I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow morning...
Old 06-29-2007, 03:47 PM
Volk350Z
Master

well you get to go to Formula D and park your car for free if that count lol.....
Old 06-29-2007, 04:14 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by Volk350Z
well you get to go to Formula D and park your car for free if that count lol.....
LMAO . . . . .
Old 06-29-2007, 05:58 PM
first350

it all depends on what you're looking for...in the end, not that many ppl in the NW region are aiming to get sponsorsed, so it's not a big draw.

Pros:
-free admission to a Formula D event
-feel good b/c your car is at the Toyo booth (every enjoys when others say their car looks good)
-connections for possible future sponsoships w/ Toyo and other vendors

Cons:
-need to wash/detail your car
-goto event early to set it up. leave late once event is over...
-goto event (downside if you weren't planning on going to begin with)

good luck Andy, and hope you find someone! (we'd all be interested to see who's choosen in the end)
Old 06-29-2007, 06:28 PM
wasuber

Wow you guys were busy today! I will be at Formula D all 3 days its my highlight of the year for spectating then its back to auto-x and local drift events , pretty much the reason I bought my Z. I know a couple of you guys .. well maybe one of you isn't even interested in showing.. in fact you built your car to just go fast so I don't know how you could be insulted LOL..

I am still working on my car as is Alvin and we didn't really have the intention of showing, although we were tempted by Batman

Hey Andy and company if you guys need any help with anything while you are up let me know, I am accomodating and would welcome you to the Northwest! See you at Formula D..

I'll be hanging out with the Crazy Swede , he's practically family

P.S. Rickdog, I know what you mean I think I threw up a little bit in my mouth too!
Old 06-29-2007, 06:44 PM
Devil Z

Originally Posted by AlvinHuyN

I think there is a bit of misunderstanding going on then. I was reading what you posted as a request for a Z to show up and basically promotes for free.

Don't get me wrong, I think you are doing your job and searching for the right car to show up. I am just a bit disappointed that there were plenty of cars I viewed as capable of doing it that members posted and were turned down.

I am very honored that you considered my car to be in the event and as you stated, you have helped out the Z community in the past couple years and if I could have been there to help you in return I would show up. In doing so, it would be a kind gesture for a fellow member. As for the sponsorship or getting so called "free-items" - it's not my intention, but I do believe it would be a good professional gesture by Toyo for the person who promotes their products.

If I had been in town then (I'm in Houston now) I would help you out. It would be a fun thing for me to be there - and I'm not into the whole show thing so sponsorship isn't really in my list either. It's really unfortunate that time isn't working out...I get back July 15. I wish you guys luck, honestly, I think you have a few very good choices available.
I know you think the guy's a douchebag in person; I wouldn't bother trying to "play nice" over the internet either. It's not like he's gonna give you a hug or cookies. LOL.

Have a good vacation bro.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:56 PM
WorldOne

Didn't read any posts after the 1st page but I thought I would chime in and say this is a great opportunity for anyone that is trying to step in the automotive industry. These type of events, especialy Formula D is a great way to network with industry insiders and get your name out there.

Andy, are you for sure going? If so let me know. We can meet up... I should be there if I return the night before from my trip. Anyways, congrats to the car that gets chosen!

Jason
Old 06-29-2007, 07:54 PM
NismoZ33

Originally Posted by Devil Z
I know you think the guy's a douchebag in person; I wouldn't bother trying to "play nice" over the internet either. It's not like he's gonna give you a hug or cookies. LOL.

damm after reading this thread it seem either you an @$$ or Post *****
Old 06-29-2007, 08:54 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Eric, why don't you let them use your car? It's almost an identical twin to Alvin's. Just swap wheels for the day or something?
Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
wasuber

Alvin's out of town... I'm sure they will find someone that fits the bill, lots of peeps with nice cars around that don't hit these forums I'm sure somewhere.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:16 PM
wasuber

Originally Posted by NismoZ33
damm after reading this thread it seem either you an @$$ or Post *****
I'd have to say he's being an ***.
Old 06-29-2007, 09:31 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Z

No...but I think you're a douche bag! hahaha jk jk Hey you should swap some t1rs equipped wheels for the event! Show & Go...I'd also slam her for that day then raise it again later...would look so sick! If I'm dropped 1.25 and still make it with the lower v2 you'll have no problem!!! Like Nike: JUST DO IT!

I think the misunderstanding comes in when some stuff isn't cleared up about the details and/or the comments could be intepreted as looking down on others cars. But now that it's cleared up I think there's a good reason for any member whose into the show or just wanna help out to pm him.

Personally I think Eric's car would look great at the booth especially since he's gonna participate in the event itself. I have been following Eric's build and it has been quite an experience to see how his car develops over the months I have known him. Still of my favorite DB Z and he was an inspiration to my build when I first started with my stock Z back in Jan. Gotta give props with a job well done

Originally Posted by skidmarq
Alvin, I just noticed I made your Cardomain "shout out" list

Thx man, that means a lot to me! If you want to put me down with my name (Keith), that is all good too! Have fun in Houston, I'm off to Amsterdam tomorrow morning...

lol, no problem Keith, if you were wondering why I have your name up there it's because of your patience and calmness in every situation and I was in love with your BBK!..still am haha

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 06-29-2007 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Devil Z

Whatever I don't care anymore.

Last edited by Devil Z; 06-30-2007 at 07:00 PM.