Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

paint pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 07:57 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Crom
Nice choice for the colored wheels....looks damn sweet. whats your camber like in the rear ?

camber is only about .5 degree maybe. they are standing pretty straight up. the rear tires clear the cut fenders by a SUPER narrow margin, lol.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:56 PM
bstansbu

Originally Posted by overZealous1
not 100% sure what to do with the tail lights, so just skipping it right now. car will get dynoed this week with the new haltech. can't wait!!
what kind of numbers are you expecting?
Old 02-17-2008, 09:55 PM
overZealous1

600rwhp on pump gas, 650rwhp on c16, 800rwhp w/ a nitrous shot!! we'll see how the clutch holds up.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:28 PM
cersoft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

600rwhp on pump gas, 650rwhp on c16, 800rwhp w/ a nitrous shot!! we'll see how the clutch holds up.
You should totally be able to achieve this, I'm 557rwhp and I have stock heads and cams, plus you'll probably be able to stick with a slightly lower psi than I am and still hit your target !!!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:35 PM
overZealous1

the block is not sleeved, so we'll see what happens on the nitrous shot.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:10 PM
cersoft

the block is not sleeved, so we'll see what happens on the nitrous shot.
Don't blow that **** up before GG, you hear me now !!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:45 PM
John Reed

Car looks great Scott, I can't wait to see it in person!

We will try and be gentle on those sleeves!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:16 PM
cersoft

Originally Posted by John Reed

Man, I didn't know John was tuning your car, let me know how you like the haltech .... the may be a route I may consider.

Colin
Old 02-19-2008, 10:57 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by cersoft
Man, I didn't know John was tuning your car, let me know how you like the haltech .... the may be a route I may consider.

Colin
if john wasn't local, i don't think i would have anyone else tune it around here!! luckily he is. hear nothing but good things about him and his skills all over the net and local circles.
started playing with the haltech software last night trying to get familiar with it. got a base map going and planning on the first start tomorrow night. all mechanical things are done. just a couple more wires to hook up and it is ready to motor under it's own power again!!! getting tired of pushing this dam thing around and not being able to see it in the sun because of the tree coverage at my shop, lol.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:00 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by John Reed

can't wait!! started getting the nitrous routing planned tonight. not sure if it will be ready though by friday. hal said he could send you or me the update to set up the config. outputs to trigger it. heard the traction control is right around the corner too!!
Old 02-20-2008, 08:11 AM
John Reed

can't wait!! started getting the nitrous routing planned tonight. not sure if it will be ready though by friday. hal said he could send you or me the update to set up the config. outputs to trigger it. heard the traction control is right around the corner too!!
I will talk to Hal today, see if we can get some basic stuff to speed the process. The traction control is going to be awesome, and if anyone is on the fence regarding a PNP ECU to use, that should push them over.
Old 02-20-2008, 12:55 PM
cersoft

Not trying to steal the thread but I have a couple of questions about the haltech (that either Scott or John can answer) and issues that I'm having with Utec right now.

1) Utec's temp compensation is pretty much non-existant (ambient and intake temp).
2) Warm starting on the 550's is horrible, half the time I need to give it a little gas and large amounts of soot comes out the back.
3) Generally over rich in closed loop.

Are these issues that I can realistically expect to be fixed with either the Haltech or Fcon ?? I like the fact that haltech isn't certified tuner locked (cos I like to tinker!!)

And, if your haltech works out I'll totally be up for a trip down to Portland to see John ...

Colin
Old 02-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

2) Warm starting on the 550's is horrible, half the time I need to give it a little gas and large amounts of soot comes out the back.
This is one thing I'm really not looking forward to, when I go with 550's or 650's with a 2.87 pulley.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:28 PM
overZealous1

Not trying to steal the thread but I have a couple of questions about the haltech (that either Scott or John can answer) and issues that I'm having with Utec right now.

1) Utec's temp compensation is pretty much non-existant (ambient and intake temp).

Are these issues that I can realistically expect to be fixed with either the Haltech or Fcon ?? I like the fact that haltech isn't certified tuner locked (cos I like to tinker!!)

And, if your haltech works out I'll totally be up for a trip down to Portland to see John ...

Colin
i used to have the eman. ultimate. prob with the piggy backs is that alot of guys cut the injector signal through the maf. well, that doesn't help you during start up since the maf is not giving a correct signal for the ecu to cut. hence, rich starts. i got around it on the eu by pulling more signal out from the main injector scaling and the fuel map itself. never had a start problem ever, and i was running 650's.
the haltech will completely remove that prob (if tuned properly ofcourse) because it is not + or - in respect to what the stock ecu is doing vs. injector size, but you control the full ms. the injector is opened. even on start. iirc, there was even a cranking/start map. timing is the same thing. full control with your inputs. not a +or- against what the stock ecu is doing. the stock ecu also has 3 timing maps it can switch to during different conditions, so your tune could change at any time.
with the config. outputs and traction control and raising the rev limit, there is ALOT of features the haltech can do.
you can also add a boost control solenoid and set boost in each gear, set up the traction control with it, and set it to a street or race map.

i can't effing wait!! lol.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:30 PM
overZealous1

not to mention, tuning map on the haltech, you can get rid of the little hickup that happens when you jump off the stock maf tune to the piggyback map. will be just smooth power all the way up!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:57 PM
John Reed

Colin
I think Scott covered it pretty well, but the main difference is the Haltech is a true standalone as it relates to running the engine (specifically fuel and spark delivery). So you simply tell it to do what you want, and it will do it (amount of fuel on start up, target air/fuel ratio, boost, timing etc) and it will deliver just that.

With the piggybacks (no matter the variety) you are trying to trick the stock ECU into spitting out the injector and ignition data you want. Sometimes it works well, and other situations it is impossible to properly "trick" that aspect of the stock ECU operation simply by manipulating its input signals.

Hope that helps, I will for sure keep you posted.

I have the newest firmware and basemap here to play with tonight, it just gets better every time they update it!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:19 PM
overZealous1

off to the roadster show it goes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-28-2008, 10:45 PM
overZealous1

well another crappy phone pic, lol. my dad used to be a pro photographer actually (obviously didn't rub off on me) so good pics will happen once the show is over.
they put me in the "tuner-nissan" category. there is only 2 other nissans there and neither is getting judged, hahhaa. looks like i have the 3' tall best in class trophy in the bag! should hit more of these rod shows, no import competition, hahhaa.
Old 02-29-2008, 06:01 AM
first350

more pics!! (Looks good from what I can see)
Old 02-29-2008, 09:34 AM
SlowZster

Colin

same **** with my utec and 650CC injectors. UTEC blows in that category

Quick Reply: paint pics