Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Here We Go Again

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:35 PM
vAnt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Here We Go Again

I honestly don't know whether or not Nexx lost it and tried to sell it or if he just simply lost it while packaging. He seems to be well respected and with 6000 posts I hardly think he's willing to use his reputation to quiet unhappy buyers. Any thoughts? I'm sending them back tommorow and a paypal claim has been made.

Originally Posted by vAnt
Originally Posted by Nexx
your lugs were sent out today via fedex ground.

tracking number: 684301610032853

thanks again, please leave me an eval when you are satisfied with the product.
Hi Nexx!

I just opened the box and I received only 19 lugs? 16 regular ones and only 3 locking ones! Is there one laying around your garage? I triple checked everything and made sure the box was intact, it's not here ;(

Thanks,
Will
Will

look at this pic... https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....highlight=lugs

count 20. i boxed it from that picture. i will look around but i doubt its missing from the package.
I've counted so many times I'm starting to feel retarded. There are 19 lug nuts. 16 regular and 3 locking. When I opened the box I even had my grandma and brother standing around wondering what it is (No, they did not help me unbox it). I've checked the news papers and the box and I seriously only see 19 lugs.
those lugs went from that picture directly into that box. i even counted them as i wrapped them. i will give look around the house today.
Any luck?

Thanks,
Will
no luck william. as you can see from the picture they lugs were on bare carpet. not a lot of places one can get lost.
What should we do? There were only 19 lugs in the box, not much I can do with 19 lugs. I wouldn't lie to you as I have nothing to gain, I just want red extended lugs. I paid for 20 lugs, and only received 19. That is the bottom line. I'm going to contact some vendors and see if they sell one locking lug, but I highly doubt that they will sell them seperately.

Thanks,
Will
Will, its your word against mine. I have zero use for 1 lug. I have pictures to prove there were 20. I counted them as I placed them in the box. There is literally no place that lug could have gone. As you can see from the pic, it was on the carpet. Unless it ran away on its own legs or sank into the carpet you got 20 lugs. Do what you will. I sent you 20 lugs. Where that last one went, I believe is on you. I always take care of my customers as you can see from my itrader. I also have a flawless 40 ebay evals and well as 40 heatware evals.
What makes you think I have use for 1 lug nut? Either way I am sending them back. I just bought my Z less then a month ago, I never even bought lug nuts in my life. What use would 1 lug nut do for me? Do you honestly think that I would take one lug nut? For what? Give me a break. Please credit a full refund when you receive the product back. If not, I'll gladly file a PayPal complaint.

Thanks,
Will
I will fight this 100%. I have a feeling you were in need of a lugnut that you damaged or lost and figured this scam out. I know for a 100% fact that I placed all 21 pieces into that box. They went from that pic posted, back into the box. I know what you are trying pull and I will not go for it.
Wow. Maybe you should talk to the local 350z people I met after buying my car. Do you honestly think I would try to scam someone who has over 6k posts on the forum? Do you honestly think I have another set of Rays Red Extended lugs in my garage? The same could be said for you. Maybe you lost one lug and decided replacement was impossible/impractical, so you sell it? I've sold/bought on eBay for years with no negative feedback/problems. I've even bought many things from my350z such as emblems, wheels, exhaust with no problems. Please, don't push your problems onto others. I'm not strepped for cash, I don't need to 'scam' one lug nut for a set that I don't even have.

Will
Old 02-16-2008, 06:44 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

was the package insured? thats what it's for, use it. if it wasnt well a valuable lesson was learned. I dont know either of you, but have spoke to Nexx several times on here and he seems like a straight shooter, along w/that he has good itrader? this needs to be handled by the shipping co.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:56 PM
vAnt

I don't know if the shipping company would accept it? Heres pictures of the box with my phone. It was taped all over and it would be impossible for a nut to slip out.
Attached Thumbnails Here We Go Again-img_0078.jpg   Here We Go Again-img_0079.jpg   Here We Go Again-img_0080.jpg   Here We Go Again-img_0084.jpg   Here We Go Again-img_0085.jpg  

Old 02-16-2008, 06:57 PM
vAnt

Only 5 pics per post :/ It was with FedEx Ground. Going to have to waste more time now to remedy this. Grrrr...
Attached Thumbnails Here We Go Again-img_0086.jpg  
Old 02-16-2008, 07:00 PM
CAYENNE2005

I don't think Nexx would do this intentionally.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
vAnt

Originally Posted by CAYENNE2005
I don't think Nexx would do this intentionally.
I don't either. I asked him a couple times to search and he did and came up with nothing. From the moment I opened the box to the final nut, everything was accounted for and it was only 19 nuts. I am 100% sure that box only had 19 lug nuts.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

did fed ex make you sign for them?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:08 PM
vAnt

I just figured out a way to prove that there was only 19 lug nuts. On the label it says 1.95lb. If I weighed the box and packing newspaper, I could figure out the weight listed for the lugnuts themselves

Last edited by vAnt; 02-16-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

Originally Posted by idwin
did fed ex make you sign for them?
well?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
vAnt

well?
Sorry I started posting that before I saw your message. No FedEx did not get my autograph.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:13 PM
mrg1981

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Nex seemed to get angry and accusatory pretty quickly. You kindly asked him what you should do and even said you'd contact other vendors to see if they sell just 1. He responded by being very sarcastic, and even implying that you are lying.

Obviously, there was a mistake, as neither of you have much to gain by scamming the 1 lug. I'm guessing that one of 2 things happened here:

1. He took some time in between taking the pictures and packing them. Somehow one got lost.
2. This is the more likely scenario: Your grandma was mad jealous of the Red Rays Lugs and scammed one to throw on her Buick LeBaron. Now nobody can steal all 4 of her wheels, just the 3 that don't have locking red Rays lugs! Check your grandma's ride next time she rolls up!

Old 02-16-2008, 07:14 PM
vAnt

Tracking number
Ship date
Feb 8, 2008
Delivery date
Feb 14, 2008 11:31 AM
Destination
Renton, WA
Service type
Home Delivery
Weight
1.9 lbs.
Status
Delivered
Signature image
available
No
Date/Time
Activity
Feb 14, 2008 11:31 AM
Delivered
Renton, WA
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
6:50 AM
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
KENT, WA
4:03 AM
At local FedEx facility
KENT, WA
Feb 13, 2008 6:10 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
PORTLAND, OR
Feb 9, 2008 1:25 AM
Left origin
IRVING, TX
Feb 8, 2008 9:09 PM
Arrived at FedEx location
IRVING, TX
8:26 PM
Picked up
IRVING, TX
3:33 PM
In FedEx possession
EULESS, TX
Tendered at FedEx location
3:33 PM
Package data transmitted to FedEx
*edited out the line breaks

Last edited by vAnt; 02-16-2008 at 07:18 PM.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:15 PM
mrg1981

Nexx didn't request signature service, so I'd see if that was available when you purchased them or if you didn't have any choice. it sounds like either FedEx should pay up, or Nexx for not having signature service.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:15 PM
vAnt

Originally Posted by mrg1981
2. This is the more likely scenario: Your grandma was mad jealous of the Red Rays Lugs and scammed one to throw on her Buick LeBaron. Now nobody can steal all 4 of her wheels, just the 3 that don't have locking red Rays lugs! Check your grandma's ride next time she rolls up!

I think your on to something
Old 02-16-2008, 07:16 PM
ARMSTRONGARMS

fed ex should've had you signed! I would take it up w/fed -ex first and see what they say, was the package insured? if not maybe a vendor has a loose one around.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 PM
mrg1981

I'm not saying she did it...I'm just saying it's possible!

I know his grandma, and I'm telling you, she's quite the little con artist. She said I only had to pay her $100 for the evening, but she made off with the whole kit and ka-boodle. That was the 2nd and last time I'll have to uncuff myself from a head board in a cheap motel and use the stained sheets as clothing!

Just playin', no disrespect to the grandma. I'm sure she's an honorable lug thief.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:20 PM
vAnt

fed ex should've had you signed! I would take it up w/fed -ex first and see what they say, was the package insured? if not maybe a vendor has a loose one around.
I pmed Invision and HR Auto already, I am going to message some of the vendors on ebay.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:21 PM
blaukal

my : sometimes you get the tiger's concave part; sometimes you get the tiger's convex part. suck it up and move on. neither one of you can prove who is correct, so caveat emptor.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 PM
vAnt

Originally Posted by blaukal
my : sometimes you get the tiger's concave part; sometimes you get the tiger's convex part. suck it up and move on. neither one of you can prove who is correct, so caveat emptor.
Yeah it does suck. I could argue that this means that anyone can just sell 19 lug nuts and get away with it. Then again, he could argue that anyone can just buy lug nuts and return 19. I wish they were heavier so I could get a more accurate weight down.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:25 PM
first350

usually FedEx packages are insured up to a certain amount for every package...