Old 03-16-2008, 11:06 PM
sdbarker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is ****ing awesome.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:12 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I posted a thread in the Canada forum on my350 & G35Driver, with a link to this thread. Hopefully some of them can make the short trek down.

https://my350z.com/forum/west-canada/344198-attn-b-c-canadians-golden-gardens-meet.html
http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=209182
Old 03-17-2008, 05:43 AM
drivesolo

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

... Whoa... this sign-up thread has been out for less than a week and we already have 32 cars? Impressive! Considering that there are still some forum regulars that have not signed up yet, we're lookng a a really massive group. I don't think any of us expected for this group to be this large.

This may cause a change in plans (no worries... meeting location and route will remain the same). The orginial method of getting from Northgate to GG may have to be revised since it may not support a group as large as the one we will potentially have. We'll see how big the final sign-up is come Friday, but until then if anyone has any better ideas, please mention them.

The original post has been modified.

Last edited by drivesolo; 03-17-2008 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:15 AM
pacfwu

We could just stagger our departure from Northgate. Split into a few groups, and just all drive to the regrouping point. That should help with congestion at the lights.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:35 AM
sdbarker

I don't know how ya'll feel about about blocking traffic, but I know that MCs generally set up road guards when they go through lights that just hold the traffic pattern until everyone is through. There's definitely the opportunity for law enforcement intervention, though, but it works for them.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:57 AM
drivesolo

I don't think blocking traffic is an option. For a funeral procession; yeah, sure (anyone got a buddy w/ a herse that wants to join us). But for this, we'd most likely attract unwanted attention.

I think the option of splitting the group into 2 parts that will depart Northgate at different intervals is a good idea.

Group 1:
- Departs Northgate first.
- Made up of drivers most familiar w/ the route, guiding those that are the least familiar w/ the route.

Group 2
- Departs Northgate 5 minutes after the last car from Group 1 leaves
- Made of drivers that live locally, that can make their own way to GG.

We all meet again along the roadside leading into GG.

Your thoughts?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:00 AM
wasuber

1. Roy / Bothell, WA
2. Tony / Everett, WA
3. Scott / Bellevue, WA
4. Vasiliy & Wife / Auburn, WA
5. Hai / Seattle, WA
6. Tito & Wife/Puyallup, WA
7. Jay / Anacortes, WA +2
8. Noel / Renton, WA / +1
9. Frederick & wife /Puyallup, WA
10. Ernie / Woodinville
11. Triple8sol / Seattle
12. jwinn / Seattle
13. Bryan / Portland
14. Peter / Bellevue +1
15. AlvinHuyN / Woodinville +1
16. SlowZster / kirkland +1
17. Jason / Kirkland +1
18. Scott & wife/Puyallup
19. Tim & wife/Auburn
20. Mark/Kirkland
21. Drewer + wife/Everett
22. Romi/Lynnhood
23. Colin / Kirkland
24. Dana & sis / Lynnwood, WA
25. Elmo/Marysville, WA
26. Greg/Tacoma
27. John & Jody/Vancouver, WA.
28. Lev/Bellevue
29. bryce(eight08flip)/renton/+1
30. Ross/Camano Island
31. RB/Puyallup
32. Tom P/Gig Harbor
33. Wasuber/ don't tase me bro /hey Davboy am I still picking you up?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:56 AM
davboy

^^^^ Wasuber as of right now I still need a ride, doesn't look like my car will be done in time
Old 03-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by davboy
^^^^ Wasuber as of right now I still need a ride, doesn't look like my car will be done in time
If Wasuber cant pick you up just holler i'll get you. Plus i still have your paint.
Old 03-17-2008, 03:04 PM
davboy

thanks man, how did the paint work out?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:08 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by pacfwu
We could just stagger our departure from Northgate. Split into a few groups, and just all drive to the regrouping point.
I think that's an excellent idea. Split up into 2-3 groups depending on the numbers, day of. Have a leader and sweeper for each group, making sure at least those 2 have radios. If it's done that way, it won't really matter who else is in each group, as far as familiarity with the area.

This does mean the organizer (whoever that is, at this point) needs to choose a "regrouping point." Maybe at the grocery store in Ballard that Hai mentioned in the other thread?
Old 03-17-2008, 03:15 PM
sno

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What's the point of leaving 5 minutes apart? Just stagger your radio people in the group. The front radio person knows to stop at yellow lights, etc.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:13 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by davboy
thanks man, how did the paint work out?
Beautifully.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:46 PM
BlackMamba2448

i was checking stuff out on the net and came across this

Seattle Parks and Recreation will close Golden Gardens Drive NW just east of Seaview Avenue NW for approximately two weeks starting March 24, 2008. There will be no vehicle access for the off-leash dog area, upper comfort station or parking lots east of the railroad track. All areas of the park will remain open via the park trail system for pedestrians

http://www.seattle.gov/parks/park_de...p?ID=243#about

you guys think this will hinder the show at all?
Old 03-17-2008, 07:30 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

I don't think so. The parking lots that we use for this meet are West of the railroad tracks, and North of the docks and boat launches. No idea what the "upper comfort station" is, or where the "off-leash dog area" is. Maybe someone else can chime in on those 2.
Old 03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by sno
What's the point of leaving 5 minutes apart? Just stagger your radio people in the group. The front radio person knows to stop at yellow lights, etc.
Every driven through 15? miles of traffic lights and stop signs in a 40 car caravan?
Old 03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
drivesolo

Even w/ a GMRS radio w/ a 18-mile LOS range. Going from Z car to Z car through city streets, you'd be lucky to get 1 mile of range even if you had LOS. Considering this is a 7.5 mile drive and potentially 40 cars, there might be limited communications. Cell phones then? That's a negative... it might work for the lead car and the sweeper but getting communications out to the rest of the group would be difficult at best.

The 5 minute stagger may not be neccessary. It may be doable w/ the original plan as long as everybody is capable of getting to GG by themselves in the event of unforseen issues (i.e: traffic accident or construction blocking the orginal route). Instead maybe we send one guy ahead to drive to GG and he calls back to someone in the group letting them know all's clear or if there are any issues.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:21 PM
dkorr

Originally Posted by drivesolo
... Whoa... this sign-up thread has been out for less than a week and we already have 32 cars? Impressive! Considering that there are still some forum regulars that have not signed up yet, we're lookng a a really massive group. I don't think any of us expected for this group to be this large.

This may cause a change in plans (no worries... meeting location and route will remain the same). The orginial method of getting from Northgate to GG may have to be revised since it may not support a group as large as the one we will potentially have. We'll see how big the final sign-up is come Friday, but until then if anyone has any better ideas, please mention them.

The original post has been modified.
Agree. The roads first suggested may not support such a massive convoy of cars because its one-lane. You guys could choose 15 Ave (heading south) from Northgate to GG since it has two lanes to support more cars, but you'll encounter lights.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
sno

Originally Posted by drivesolo
Even w/ a GMRS radio w/ a 18-mile LOS range. Going from Z car to Z car through city streets, you'd be lucky to get 1 mile of range even if you had LOS. Considering this is a 7.5 mile drive and potentially 40 cars, there might be limited communications. Cell phones then? That's a negative... it might work for the lead car and the sweeper but getting communications out to the rest of the group would be difficult at best.

The 5 minute stagger may not be neccessary. It may be doable w/ the original plan as long as everybody is capable of getting to GG by themselves in the event of unforseen issues (i.e: traffic accident or construction blocking the orginal route). Instead maybe we send one guy ahead to drive to GG and he calls back to someone in the group letting them know all's clear or if there are any issues.
How about we have a defined order and everyone gets the phone number of the person infront and behind of them?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:40 PM
sno

Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
Every driven through 15? miles of traffic lights and stop signs in a 40 car caravan?
No but, see my above post. What do you think?

Quick Reply: 2008 NWN GG Z/G Pre-meet Sign-up