Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Vendor Fraud

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unlike the jokers at Showstoppers, Performance Factory has a pretty solid rep. Having heard both sides of the story, it sounds like the OP is one of those extremely unreasonable customers that every business dreads coming across.

Hope he clears this up publicly in this thread, or else I don't think he'll ever be welcome at any local meets. He'll get to join the infamous ranks of Milou Hsu & Ty Pandya.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:26 PM
Netacoma2003

No.....I am not going to disappear....until I get rid of the Z anyway. Unfortunately, I have less internet access while my company is fighting through a labor dispute.

The sequence of events are as follows.....

After reading Performance Factorys' ad on this forum (which appears to have been removed) in mid July, I called PF to verify they were a legite business and actually had the products they were advertising. I made numerous hardcopies of the ad BTW in anticipation of it being removed.

Jeremy told me that I'd have all the items within three (3) weeks so we charged my credit card ~$5300, however, all I received within that time was the Vortech kit...I was missing the pulley, belt, injectors, UTEC, plugs, and MAP.

I spoke to Jeremy about it and two (2) weeks later received the UTEC, injectors, MAP, and pulley....I was missing the belt and plugs. Now we're five (5) weeks past the time I paid him ~$5300 and I'm getting billed by my credit card. I still don't have the complete kit I paid for which means I can't install. I tried calling Performance Factory on a couple different occasions but no one would answer.

I posted a response on the original ad (which appears to have been removed) asking if anyone knew what happened to Performance Factory. I then created this thread on 8/31 to get feedback from other members on what they'd do if they paid ~$5300 for a kit they only partially received. I also called Performance Factory on a couple different occasions but no one would answer. I left voice mail but no one returned my calls.

I waited a week after leaving voicemail and then sent Jeremy an email stating that I couldn't get in contact with him, can't install my kit because of the missing parts, and will file a complaint if he doesn't respond. Another week of not hearing from the Performance Factory passed and then I filed the complaint with my credit card and Attorney General.

The original complaint with my CC was only for the missing belt and plugs.... Jeremy knows that to be true because he and I discussed it after the fact. Why he won't admit to it is a reflection on his character. I will say that I NEVER authorized a full chargeback so you guys need to step the #@%$ off me!

After the complaints were filed, Jeremy called me and said he was in Puerto Rico the whole time. He asked me to remove the CC dispute because his vendors had screwed up and he was sending me the rest of my stuff. I told him I would remove it after I received the remaining items.

I received the spark plugs almost eight (8) weeks after paying ~$5300 for the kit.....still missing the shorter serp belt. I then called the CC and told them I received the plugs but was still missing the belt.

Called Jeremy again and asked about the missing serp belt. He sent me an email on 9/10 stating that he had the belt in stock and was going to overnight it to me. It's now 10/9 and I still haven't received the belt from him.

The CC company knew exactly which items were missing and Jeremy knows I NEVER authorized a full chargeback because he told me he had my CC read my original complaint back to him "line by line". I don't know why they did a chargeback but I know I didn't ask for it. I also know the chargeback was reversed as soon as Jeremy made me aware of it and I have the CC statement to prove that too!

Bottom line is I tried to maintain communications with Jeremy thru the whole transaction. I am not an unreasonable consumer but when I pay ~$5300 for a tuner kit, or any other advertised item for that matter, I expect to receive what I pay for.

Jeremy is probably a very cool guy to hang with but I don't know him from Adam. If you've sent him ~$5300 and had a wonderfull experience then good for you........I did not. I never would've created this thread or filed a CC complaint if Jeremy would've delivered what was promised.

All I ever wanted was ~$5300 worth of FI for my Z.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:32 PM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
Yeah, i'll be changing the thread title to customer fraud if this doesn't get cleared up.
Maybe you're the one who erased the original Performance Factory advertisement that I spent ~$5300 on?

P.S.

The CC chargeback was corrected the day after Jeremy made me aware of it.
Old 10-09-2008, 12:41 PM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
He might be in hideout because he may get a 6k SC for free......

I've already repaid $1750 of the ~$5300 to my CC for this incomplete "kit" from Performance Factory. Does that sound free to you?

......kit "includes free pulley and belt upgrade" but we'll only send you the pulley after you send us your money
Old 10-09-2008, 01:11 PM
sdbarker

So, it sounds like maybe this was just a huge misunderstanding on both sides of the transaction here, and that things are on their way mutual resolution and getting cleared up.

That makes me a happy panda.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:18 PM
__jb
Z + Rear Seat

Originally Posted by Netacoma2003
So, you're causing all this drama over a set of plugs (that you actually have now) and a serpentine belt (that you don't actually need)?

Fortunately, most of the people in this forum know Jeremy and can personally vouch for his character. I'm very disappointed to see this kind of thread posted for nothing.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:31 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe you're the one who erased the original Performance Factory advertisement that I spent ~$5300 on?
I did because Jeremy asked me to. Why? As he previosly stated in this thread he is no longer selling things to individuals that he is not installing. So, that means no more GB's.

BTW, if you opened up your big vortech box you'll notice a pulley and belt in there already so there was nothing holding you back from starting your install.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:33 PM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by __jb
So, you're causing all this drama over a set of plugs (that you actually have now) and a serpentine belt (that you don't actually need)?

Fortunately, most of the people in this forum know Jeremy and can personally vouch for his character. I'm very disappointed to see this kind of thread posted for nothing.
Posted for nothing? Some people will never understand the concept of delivering on a contract....much less their word. I can't help you.

On second thought, maybe you're right. After paying him for the kit, I should've just went to NAPA and spent another $100 to replace the plugs and belt that I already paid for. Why file the complaint....you're right....It would've only been another $100.

How sad that members are defending this activity.

Last edited by Netacoma2003; 10-09-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:39 PM
Netacoma2003

Originally Posted by ZU L8R
I did because Jeremy asked me to. Why? As he previosly stated in this thread he is no longer selling things to individuals that he is not installing. So, that means no more GB's.

BTW, if you opened up your big vortech box you'll notice a pulley and belt in there already so there was nothing holding you back from starting your install.

Thanks for admitting to removing the ad. What is a GB?

As Jeremy should tell you, we discussed the pulley and belt upgrade because a shorter serp belt helps to prevent belt slippage under boost. He even promissed me the shorter belt would include his "secret" installation technique.
Old 10-09-2008, 01:42 PM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What is a GB?
Group Buy