Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

alarm suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 03:00 PM
djSLiM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gmueip
^ My remote start and other sensors would act up too on my viper alarm in my previous car. Ever since I got it installed on the Z it has worked flawlessly. The guy who switched it out at Tweeter told me that the previous installer did a $hitty job which caused the glitches. Try taking it in where you go it installed so they can take a look at it. Should be free.
i flew to california to buy my car. i wanted a caribbean blue coupe and that was the closest 6mt at the time. i'm not really trying to drive to folsom/sacramento area for an alarm fix. that's why i'm looking for a reference to someone local and inexpensive.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:24 PM
Pete's 03SVT

To answer your question yes, but I do believe the vipers offer more accesories and features.

They are all the same. The only things that are different from the Viper, Python, Clifford are the shape of the remotes and the model numbers. All internal components are identical. The Viper 5901 is the same as the Clifford 50.7x, which is the same as the Python 991, and all the different models are like this. The only ones that are unique to the brand are the Clifford G5 series systems, which are not availble with Python or Viper.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:23 PM
zSupreme7
Banned

To answer your question yes, but I do believe the vipers offer more accesories and features.
Originally Posted by Pete's 03SVT
They are all the same. The only things that are different from the Viper, Python, Clifford are the shape of the remotes and the model numbers. All internal components are identical.
Putting and end to the spread of misinformation is always a good thing!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:31 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

They are all the same. The only things that are different from the Viper, Python, Clifford are the shape of the remotes and the model numbers. All internal components are identical. The Viper 5901 is the same as the Clifford 50.7x, which is the same as the Python 991, and all the different models are like this. The only ones that are unique to the brand are the Clifford G5 series systems, which are not availble with Python or Viper.
I stand corrected.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:08 AM
Goku350z2007

so what's the best alarm out there?
Old 01-15-2009, 08:13 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I say figure out what features are important to you, post em up, and we can throw suggestions your way. you'll get a lot of biased answers based on who is using what
Old 01-15-2009, 09:45 AM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

Originally Posted by Goku350z2007
so what's the best alarm out there?
How did you miss the Lion and Horse combo
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Pete's 03SVT

I stand corrected.
I hope I didn't come accross as rude, I was just trying to let everyone know what the differences are. If anyone needs an alarm or any other work done let me know!!
Old 01-15-2009, 06:48 PM
gmueip
Hi Kids!

I hope I didn't come accross as rude, I was just trying to let everyone know what the differences are. If anyone needs an alarm or any other work done let me know!!
Not at all, it's been a while since I bought it so I can't remember all the details regarding the different brands.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Goku350z2007

Originally Posted by Entaille
I say figure out what features are important to you, post em up, and we can throw suggestions your way. you'll get a lot of biased answers based on who is using what
what's important for me is that noone brakes into my car
i just need something that will last longer than the sh!ttie ones out there and its not too sensetive and something with a remote that will tell you when the alarm goes off, ohh and i almost forgot my sister used to have an alarm that talks and tells people to stay away from the car
thanks in advance
Old 01-16-2009, 08:11 PM
djSLiM

Originally Posted by djSLiM
i have a viper 5901 (i believe) that came with the car when i bought it. it used to work fine, but if the drivers door swings open all the way, it locks the doors, but other than that it was ok. now, when i push the lock button, it arms the alarm but the doors don't lock. it also has the remote start function, and i can start my car with the key without having to push the clutch in, but it never worked at all. the car tries to start 3-4 times, but just jumps forward and dies then repeats. i got pissed and switched back to the factory fob. if anyone can recommend somewhere i can take it to get fixed for less than $100 in the puyallup/tacoma/federal way area i'd much appreciate it. otherwise i'm buying a loin and a pony...
i need work done...
Old 01-16-2009, 11:52 PM
Pete's 03SVT

Originally Posted by djSLiM
i need work done...
PM me what you need done/fixed and I will let you know what I can do for you. Thanks Pete
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Bumble_Zee
FREEDOM FIGHTER

When my horse and lion are unavailable, I protect my Z with this:

Wish the range was a bit further, but other than that I'm satisfied with my purchase. Plus, the remote start keps my seats and cabin warm in the winter.
same as mine, it already came installed when I bought the car... check out www.asianwolf.com plenty of alarms there to choose from...
Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM
Pete's 03SVT

Originally Posted by Goku350z2007
what's important for me is that noone brakes into my car
i just need something that will last longer than the sh!ttie ones out there and its not too sensetive and something with a remote that will tell you when the alarm goes off, ohh and i almost forgot my sister used to have an alarm that talks and tells people to stay away from the car
thanks in advance
If you don't need remote start you should get the Clifford Matrix 12.5X, the Viper 5002 or the Python 902. Again, they are identical other than the shape of the transmitters. These systems have all the normal security features, keyless entry, hatch release, light flash etc... plus one LCD paging transmitter and one standard transmitter. I can get you the Clifford version through my distributor for about the same price as what you will find on Ebay or other online stores, but mine comes with a warranty that is local.

http://www.clifford.com/Products/Pro...?ProductID=705