Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

tint question

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM
STS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
My name is Andrey and i am the owner of Skyline Tint Shop.
First of all I always stand behind my work, my friend told me that someone is complaining about my work so i had to put few words in.
The day after i tinted this guys Z he called me said there was a scrach on a window and that it was there when he left my shop and he didnt show it to me becouse he was in a rush and he had to leave. it didnt make sance to me but i told no problem bring it back. So next day he came back, the scrach was about 4-5 inches long and really deep i knew right that time there was no way i left that kind of scrach on that window unnoticed. So i told that the scrach came after you left my shop, it was done by sharp object maybe umbrella or zipper anyways i am sure he knew what happened. So i offered to replace it and i charged him $25 which is prety much cost of film. The window was perfect again.
Next day he called, i have small bubble , i said bring it back let me fix it.
In 350Z when you open the door window goes down slightly, so what happend it lifted small pieace of film in the corner, easy fix, but the only thing remained was small grayish dot from adhesive, , he called it blemish i call it imperfection. it is not noticible unless you know its there and you looking at it whith in 5 inche distance.
I dont know how many of you will agree but evry tint job has imperfections.
Now i never refused to redo that window I told him i can redo it but i will have to charge $20 to cover cost of film. Sounds resonable to me.
As far as matrix one of you mantioned that heat has to be applyed yes and lots of it. what is the typical answer when you ask a tint shop about matrix, we will try our best right??
On some cars it comes out better than others.
You can come back after a week and ask to go over the matrix again, no problem, it might help it might not there is little control over that.
For those of you who saying they got perfect matrix please post a picture becouse i have not seen one yet.
Once Again i do stand behind my work 100%. You gus can check out my website Skylinetintshop.com look at some of the cars i have done. i do many very expensive cars and i get great feedback once in while someone will not be happy but i sure try.Things like matrix is main issue for all tint shops but as far as how clean is my work its exellent.

I want to say to fella who didn't like my work, please go around and find the shop who will guarantee better matrix, i will remove the film on you car no charge and after you get it redone i want to see for my self and if its perfect i will refund your original amount you payed me.

Thank you for reading and Thanks to all of you who got their cars done at Skyline Tint Shop
Old 02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
STS

Hello

Last edited by STS; 02-25-2009 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-25-2009, 01:14 PM
350Zimo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STS
Hello
My name is Andrey and i am the owner of Skyline Tint Shop.
First of all I always stand behind my work, my friend told me that someone is complaining about my work so i had to put few words in.
The day after i tinted this guys Z he called me said there was a scrach on a window and that it was there when he left my shop and he didnt show it to me becouse he was in a rush and he had to leave. it didnt make sance to me but i told no problem bring it back. So next day he came back, the scrach was about 4-5 inches long and really deep i knew right that time there was no way i left that kind of scrach on that window unnoticed. So i told that the scrach came after you left my shop, it was done by sharp object maybe umbrella or zipper anyways i am sure he knew what happened. So i offered to replace it and i charged him $25 which is prety much cost of film. The window was perfect again.
Next day he called, i have small bubble , i said bring it back let me fix it.
In 350Z when you open the door window goes down slightly, so what happend it lifted small pieace of film in the corner, easy fix, but the only thing remained was small grayish dot from adhesive, , he called it blemish i call it imperfection. it is not noticible unless you know its there and you looking at it whith in 5 inche distance.
I dont know how many of you will agree but evry tint job has imperfections.
Now i never refused to redo that window I told him i can redo it but i will have to charge $20 to cover cost of film. Sounds resonable to me.
As far as matrix one of you mantioned that heat has to be applyed yes and lots of it. what is the typical answer when you ask a tint shop about matrix, we will try our best right??
On some cars it comes out better than others.
You can come back after a week and ask to go over the matrix again, no problem, it might help it might not there is little control over that.
For those of you who saying they got perfect matrix please post a picture becouse i have not seen one yet.
Once Again i do stand behind my work 100%. You gus can check out my website Skylinetintshop.com look at some of the cars i have done. i do many very expensive cars and i get great feedback once in while someone will not be happy but i sure try.Things like matrix is main issue for all tint shops but as far as how clean is my work its exellent.

I want to say to fella who didn't like my work, please go around and find the shop who will guarantee better matrix, i will remove the film on you car no charge and after you get it redone i want to see for my self and if its perfect i will refund your original amount you payed me.

Thank you for reading and Thanks to all of you who got their cars done at Skyline Tint Shop
cool, good to see you are here. I will post some pics of my tail lights. It looks way better now with them being tinted.
Old 02-27-2009, 10:38 AM
tw8715

hello skyline tinting!

blemish/imperpection whatever it is called. I went to presitge auto tintint and accuatint. Located in lynnwood and bellevue.

They both told me to just go to you after about a week and request a touch up. which i will probably call you and ask about. not sure if you will do it though.

but i never really complained about the matrix to you and took your word for it.

but for the imperfection~ both shops said it isnt suppose to be there and that there is also dust/dirt under then tint.

honestly i dont know much about tint. but the 2 shops i went to have pretty good reputations.

i will swing by somtime next week and ask for a touch up, and do the imperfected window again. not sure how much you will charge me?
Old 02-27-2009, 11:14 AM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by tw8715
yea he didnt want to do it. sucks~

i wish i could get a refund and redo my tint somewhere else.

the matrix is bothering me alot too.. it sticks in some places and dosnt stick in other places..

oh well.. its just bad bussiness for him? i wont be ever tint my car there againf or sure.

BUT i did call another tint shop! Prestige tinting in lynnwood by the alderwood mall.

i told them whats up! and they said that they would do a touch up for me with a heat gun and try to do their best! FOR FREE! just incase that they could buy my service for another car next time!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE! haha

probably just gonna reado the tint there and hope it turns out better.
[/QUOTE] hello skyline tinting!

blemish/imperpection whatever it is called. I went to presitge auto tintint and accuatint. Located in lynnwood and bellevue.

They both told me to just go to you after about a week and request a touch up. which i will probably call you and ask about. not sure if you will do it though.

but i never really complained about the matrix to you and took your word for it.

but for the imperfection~ both shops said it isnt suppose to be there and that there is also dust/dirt under then tint.

honestly i dont know much about tint. but the 2 shops i went to have pretty good reputations.

i will swing by somtime next week and ask for a touch up, and do the imperfected window again. not sure how much you will charge me?[/QUOTE]

I thought you have already got it done. Apparently, i have been mistaken!!!!
Dude, nothing against you, but i think you are just mad at Andrey. Go back and ask him for touch up. He will do it.
Old 02-27-2009, 05:16 PM
tw8715

haha nono i have no bad feeling towards him haha~

just wanted my tint done right.

im pretty **** about my car.. but what makes me more **** is that the other windows are PERFECT! Great work!! really!

but just the matrix on the small rear passenger side window and passenger side front window is not good.

i guess i will take your word and try to talk to him again.

but last time he just tried charging me~~~~~~~
Old 03-27-2009, 11:35 AM
tw8715

UPDATE:

I got my tint redone

at Franks window tint

Last edited by tw8715; 03-27-2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:12 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Personally, i go to CarNutz. Its close by, i know the guys, its expensive but well worth it. I haven't had any troubles at all with anything that i've had on my car when i went through them, that includes the tint. I would recommend CarNutz to anyone.
Old 03-27-2009, 03:04 PM
tw8715

went to skyline tint shop and showed them the new tint around the small windows in the rear.

as promised he gave me my full refund back!!!

wow pretty suprised~~~ great customer service for sure!

thank you skyline tinting
Old 03-27-2009, 04:33 PM
sdbarker

We're still waiting for pics!

So, the matrix was perfect?
Old 03-27-2009, 07:43 PM
tw8715

Yea the matrix was pretty darn close to perfect! I recomend franks tinting!
Old 03-27-2009, 11:45 PM
sdbarker

Originally Posted by tw8715
Yea the matrix was pretty darn close to perfect! I recomend franks tinting!
But, pics or