Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

tint question

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009 | 08:54 AM
tw8715

Default tint question

so i heard good things about skyline auto tinting from other member here.

went there and got my tint done for $150 with suntek films.

overall it looks pretty good. but my concern is about the matrix around the small windows in the rear.

it seems kinda uneven, and its not black. i hope you guys understand what im talking about.

in the rear window, the matrix is even, but its not black either.. clear.

is this normal?
Old 02-18-2009 | 09:26 AM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by tw8715
so i heard good things about skyline auto tinting from other member here.

went there and got my tint done for $150 with suntek films.

overall it looks pretty good. but my concern is about the matrix around the small windows in the rear.

it seems kinda uneven, and its not black. i hope you guys understand what im talking about.

in the rear window, the matrix is even, but its not black either.. clear.

is this normal?
yeah, mine is the same. I would not worry about it. Besides that you just got it tinted, give it several weeks, the tint will stretch out.
As far as the tint shop, it's great place. The owner stands behind his work. I have had my three cars tinted there and no issues whatsoever.
Old 02-18-2009 | 11:03 AM
tw8715

i see! thanks alot.. gives me a piece of mind haha.

they seemed pretty ligit, lets hope the matrix looks better after a couple weeks

the only bad thing was i had a bubble... they fixed it.. but you could still see a blemish. its barrly noticable but still catches my eye cause its MY car.

he said he wouldnt do the tint over again for that window...
Old 02-18-2009 | 11:26 AM
Entaille

I would trust his judgement and see how it turns out. if he really stands behind his work and there is an issue after it has settled, then he will redo that window. he probably knows it will be fine though : )
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:01 PM
Entaille

think I skimmed too quick, theres a marking on the tint and he won't redo it? **** that. doesnt sound like he's standing behind his work to me.

doesn't matter how small the blemish is, like you said, it's your car, you'll notice it and it will bug you..

do something stupid to mess up the tint before it settles all the way on that window, force him to redo it.. hah

don't know why people frown upon VTR but I use them for my tint, as have a bunch of my local friends, they do excellent work there and really do stand behind it. they originated as a tint company, I think a lot of people just look down on them because they cater to their customers right out of ghetto ol' Everett, which includes a lot of ricers. folks around here are used to Seattle, Bellevue etc, where the cars are much nicer in general.
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:15 PM
redlude97

A good shop can get tint to stick to the dot matrix. That should always be the first question you ask. If they say they can't...find another shop
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:39 PM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by redlude97
A good shop can get tint to stick to the dot matrix. That should always be the first question you ask. If they say they can't...find another shop
post a pic! i spoke to bunch of shops regarding that a year ago, none of them guaranteed me that it would stick to the dot matrix. It requires heating. However, no one wants to stick a heat gun close to your interior for too long.
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:42 PM
350Zimo

Originally Posted by Entaille
think I skimmed too quick, theres a marking on the tint and he won't redo it? **** that. doesnt sound like he's standing behind his work to me.

doesn't matter how small the blemish is, like you said, it's your car, you'll notice it and it will bug you..

do something stupid to mess up the tint before it settles all the way on that window, force him to redo it.. hah

don't know why people frown upon VTR but I use them for my tint, as have a bunch of my local friends, they do excellent work there and really do stand behind it. they originated as a tint company, I think a lot of people just look down on them because they cater to their customers right out of ghetto ol' Everett, which includes a lot of ricers. folks around here are used to Seattle, Bellevue etc, where the cars are much nicer in general.
Andrey's cool. I've known the dude for awhile, and he stands behind his work. The first time i had my car tinted, i ended up rolling my window down after an hour the tint had been done. It peeled off. He redid it.
Old 02-18-2009 | 05:43 PM
350Zimo

i see! thanks alot.. gives me a piece of mind haha.

they seemed pretty ligit, lets hope the matrix looks better after a couple weeks

the only bad thing was i had a bubble... they fixed it.. but you could still see a blemish. its barrly noticable but still catches my eye cause its MY car.

he said he wouldnt do the tint over again for that window...
if you don't like it and it bothers you, go and tell him. After all you paid money
Old 02-18-2009 | 06:29 PM
Entaille

agreed, do the above - he made it sound like he already asked him to redo it since it was messed up and he was declined though.
Old 02-18-2009 | 10:43 PM
tw8715

yea he didnt want to do it. sucks~

i wish i could get a refund and redo my tint somewhere else.

the matrix is bothering me alot too.. it sticks in some places and dosnt stick in other places..

oh well.. its just bad bussiness for him? i wont be ever tint my car there againf or sure.

BUT i did call another tint shop! Prestige tinting in lynnwood by the alderwood mall.

i told them whats up! and they said that they would do a touch up for me with a heat gun and try to do their best! FOR FREE! just incase that they could buy my service for another car next time!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE! haha

probably just gonna reado the tint there and hope it turns out better.
Old 02-18-2009 | 10:58 PM
killa.beez33

What percent tint did you get?
Old 02-19-2009 | 04:12 AM
tw8715

%20 all around
Old 02-19-2009 | 10:34 PM
dkorr

yea he didnt want to do it. sucks~

i wish i could get a refund and redo my tint somewhere else.

the matrix is bothering me alot too.. it sticks in some places and dosnt stick in other places..

oh well.. its just bad bussiness for him? i wont be ever tint my car there againf or sure.

BUT i did call another tint shop! Prestige tinting in lynnwood by the alderwood mall.

i told them whats up! and they said that they would do a touch up for me with a heat gun and try to do their best! FOR FREE! just incase that they could buy my service for another car next time!

THAT IS WHAT I CALL SERVICE! haha

probably just gonna reado the tint there and hope it turns out better.
was the guy's name André?

how bad is the bubble anyway?

i got my tint done with him 3 yrs ago... no problems on matrix or anything... i had to take out all my tint anyways now that i'm in Cali
Old 02-20-2009 | 05:44 PM
tw8715

yea thats him.

the buble was very minor. but still~~~ shouldnt be any bubbles in the first place haha

anywaise i give up ! haha
Old 02-20-2009 | 05:50 PM
CrazyRuskie

Call Metropolitan Auto Detail and see if they can take care of the dot matrix with their tint.

http://metropolitandetail.com/
Old 02-21-2009 | 11:49 AM
Entaille

yeah giving up and letting them slip shody work on you is probably the best route of action.

wtf? :P
Old 02-21-2009 | 08:02 PM
tw8715

what else could i do?

lawsuit? hahaha over $150? small claims court?
Old 02-22-2009 | 11:11 AM
Entaille

no I would just talk to the shop owner and get it straight. any shop worth a damn wouldn't let a customer go away unsatisfied. seems like you didn't care enough to make much of a stink about it though, I don't know how badly it was done.
Old 02-22-2009 | 03:17 PM
tw8715

i did certainly did tell him how i felt. but he refused to do it over again.

Quick Reply: tint question