Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Intec Racing Dyno Day - May 23rd

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 02:15 PM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JWS82
I'm an insurance broker and in my line of work, I see a lot of lawsuits filed for personal and advertising injuries. Be careful of what you say especially in print (libel) as well as by mouth (slander) as you can be sued. If someone from this forum tells Intec that they didn't come or do business with them because of something you said and it's later proven that such events did not occur (i.e. bad motor swaps, bad tunes, etc.) you can be on the hook for damages. Trust me, I've seen some pretty outrageous claims and suits that were won by plaintiffs on this same premise.
i guess on this note, pm me pa.... ahem i mean ed
Old 05-05-2009, 02:22 PM
Tatakai

well consider this.

lawrence tuned my rx7 that I track (and abuse) pretty much every weekend. he tuned my civic (three different motors, twice before i worked there) turbo and N/A, and he's going to Osiris and tune my 350z once I can afford it! he doesn't ******** when it comes to tuning.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Tatakai

Originally Posted by Ed Hardy
I'll be doing some dynotuning either before or after this, most likely at DO too, but I'll prob swing by to hang out anyways.
when you work at a shop, you cant go around talking **** about other shops. it's called slander.

have a nice day!
Old 05-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

this is far from the first time I have seen Pat review a company or product in a pessimsitic/pretentious way. hell he's been banned from other forums for doing the same thing. there's another local car shop that I go to all the time that he craps all over and they have some of the best customer service and skill sets anyone could ask for.

hell he even crapped all over the warehouse shoe sale I invited everyone to and advised everyone not to 'waste their time', when the other couple dozen of folks I invited thoroughly enjoyed the hookup and saved a lot of money on things they otherwise buy elsewhere and pay more for.

Sorry it wasn't to your likings, but really, the pricing was incredible (better then my 40% off of retail employee discount) and the products were top notch and not nearly as isolated to a category or two (womens clogs and older mens dress shoes) as he tried to make it out to be. there were nearly 12,000 pairs of random shoes there and I walked through the selection plenty showing friends around.

I take his reviews with a grain or two of salt because of that.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:36 PM
warmmilk

Originally Posted by Tatakai
when you work at a shop, you cant go around talking **** about other shops. it's called slander.

have a nice day!
he doesn't work for another shop...
Old 05-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Tatakai

well alrighty then.

i think everyone needs to lighten up
Old 05-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Look, anything I say is either my opinion or personal experience. Take it however you want. When it comes to shop reviews, I have no affiliations, I never make anything up, I don't have any ulterior motives, and have nothing to gain from referring anyone to or away from any shop. Part of what each and everyone of us contribute to this community, is by sharing our opinions and experiences. Whether you disagree or choose to listen or disregard it is entirely up to you.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:19 PM
JWS82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look, anything I say is either my opinion or personal experience. Take it however you want. When it comes to shop reviews, I have no affiliations, I never make anything up, I don't have any ulterior motives, and have nothing to gain from referring anyone to or away from any shop. Part of what each and everyone of us contribute to this community, is by sharing our opinions and experiences. Whether you disagree or choose to listen or disregard it is entirely up to you.
^ I agree that without everyone's opinions and experiences, this site would be worthless, you're absolutely right on that. All I'm saying is be careful in how and what you say about other businesses. Anytime you start a sentence with "I heard....", it's probably best to leave it unsaid because that's the fastest path to a liability suit. Besides, the only opinions or experiences that matter are the ones that you've personally experienced.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

They can do whatever they want. In regard to Intec, in the past I read stuff on NWN. More recently, I'm sharing direct experiences of good friends of mine told to me directly (not overheard from some guy on the Internet), which are as good as personal experiences in my book.

Would I go to a dyno day and do some pulls? Sure, why not. Should you buy parts from them? If they quote you good prices (unlike WorldOne for instance) then go for it. Can they handle basic bolt-on installs? I have no reason to doubt it. But would I let them do something as critical as tuning? That's a definitive no.

Last edited by Ed Hardy; 05-05-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Old 05-09-2009, 11:55 AM
Tatakai

I was talking to lawrence, he'd be willing to do the quick flash for anyone for $400 (unlock throttle body, smooth ignition and fuel maps) who wants it done that day and throw in a couple extra dyno runs after the flash for free!

sounds like a good deal to me
Old 05-09-2009, 11:51 PM
jining

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bah why all dyno days on saturdays i have work
Old 05-12-2009, 09:57 AM
JWS82

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tatakai
I was talking to lawrence, he'd be willing to do the quick flash for anyone for $400 (unlock throttle body, smooth ignition and fuel maps) who wants it done that day and throw in a couple extra dyno runs after the flash for free!

sounds like a good deal to me
Hmm.. may be interested. What does he usually charge for the full tune w/Osiris? With and without cipher (including the 5 separate fuel map settings?)
Old 05-12-2009, 08:48 PM
jrbump

in the past I read stuff on NWN. More recently, I'm sharing direct experiences of good friends of mine told to me directly (not overheard from some guy on the Internet), which are as good as personal experiences in my book.
Well it sure sounds like you have solid sources of information.

Anyway, Thanks to Lawrence and company for doing this. Sounds like a great resource for all the Z33 guys up there.

You guys have it good.
Old 05-13-2009, 11:32 PM
djSLiM

Originally Posted by jrbump
Well it sure sounds like you have solid sources of information.

Anyway, Thanks to Lawrence and company for doing this. Sounds like a great resource for all the Z33 guys up there.

You guys have it good.
you've got PSI... and isn't HP freaks in portland too?
Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 AM
Ed Hardy
Banned

And English Racing in Vancouver too.
Old 05-14-2009, 06:42 AM
warmmilk

and rrev motorsport in vancouver with john reed, who's among the best tuners in the us of a. and also surgeline in salem (i think) also have a very good tuner...

damn bastards down in portland have it made...
Old 05-14-2009, 07:42 AM
Netacoma2003

Sounds like UPREV needs to contact one of these shops in Oregon and get an Osiris ProTuner relationship started; until then it's either Intec in Wa or any of 5 shops in Ca.
Old 05-14-2009, 08:02 AM
warmmilk

^i'm trying to convince drift office to get osiris, i'm almost there...
Old 05-14-2009, 10:04 AM
Tatakai

Originally Posted by Netacoma2003
Sounds like UPREV needs to contact one of these shops in Oregon and get an Osiris ProTuner relationship started; until then it's either Intec in Wa or any of 5 shops in Ca.
Actually, Lawrence works with Wes at Unnatural Inc, I'm pretty sure if you there were a couple guys who all wanted Osiris he'd drive down there for free.
Old 05-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Originally Posted by warmmilk
^i'm trying to convince drift office to get osiris, i'm almost there...
Yeah, Bob did mention that he was considering it.

Quick Reply: Intec Racing Dyno Day - May 23rd