Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

For Sale: 68 Camaro RS

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 12:26 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Default For Sale: 68 Camaro RS

For sale: 1968 Camaro RS AT – project car. Vinyl hard top - hideaway headlights – New rear tires -Original 327 small block v8 engine rebuilt a few years back; car has hardly been driven since, has been sitting for a couple of years.

Known issues, and what it needs:

-Brakes
-Front end body work needs alignment
-Strip + bodywork + paint
-Rear driver send fender has small dent on the end of it, and a small surface rust spot up top
-Front header panel is unpainted and has surface rust
-Front seats needs new padding and upholstery
-Front of the interior needs new carpeting
-Front blinkers included, not installed, missing adaptor plate to install
-Steering column grabs slightly while turning (bent?)
-Some surface rust in the trunk.
-Vacuum system for hide away headlights.
Attached Thumbnails For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-12.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-10.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-9.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-8.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-11.jpg  

Last edited by Entaille; 05-26-2009 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-25-2009, 12:28 AM
Entaille

moar?
Attached Thumbnails For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-7.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-6.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-5.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-4.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-3.jpg  

Old 05-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Entaille

last 2. if you all could do me a favor and pass this around to anyone that might be interested I'd appreciate it. not in an immediate need to sell, but time is taking it's toll on the car. : P
Attached Thumbnails For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-2.jpg   For Sale: 68 Camaro RS-1.jpg  
Old 05-25-2009, 03:29 AM
Lances08Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck on the sale!

They are selling for allot more around here though.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Entaille

I am being lenient on price due the amount of work it needs, and I'm not entirely against the idea of shipping. I wouldn't personally buy something I couldn't see / inspect though! perhaps I should post it on the non local spots too

Last edited by Entaille; 05-25-2009 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:33 AM
Entaille

damn four responses on craigslist and its been posted for like 8 hours. I hope these people aren't going to waste my time but I figure a fair amount of them will. :/
Old 05-25-2009, 11:29 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

interested in trades? got a convertible vette sitting here i was gunna let go for about the same price.
i have a 67 camaro also, and would not mind seeing another one in the shop !
Old 05-25-2009, 11:38 AM
overZealous1

man dude, i'm telling you, if you sell it you will regret it for the rest of your life and have to fall into the "when i was younger i had a (insert car name here)" group.
the car looks to be in nearly perfect restorable shape. the center console itself is not made by any aftermarket companies and is a rare piece. to bad someone put a gauge in the side .
yes, vinyl tops are known for rust, but a rare option to be had on a factory rs. with a numbers matching drivetrain, you would be looking at a $25k car if you restored it.
you will not have a prob selling it, i wish work was a little more stable for me right now or i would snag it up from ya. just tripled my advetising tho, so if it works, i will be getting ahold of ya!
Old 05-25-2009, 12:00 PM
SmoothZ
Senior Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,906 Likes on 1,354 Posts

Okay, I'm missing the price. I must be blind or something. How much?
Old 05-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Entaille

hah it's just not the right time in my life for the camaro, there are so many things in front of me that need $$ prior to this. I will be lucky to start restoring this thing in about 10 years and I don't want to see what will happen to it as it sits that long!

when I am able I will probably hit up the market for another classic, but it's not in the cards atm : )

price is started at 8k
Old 05-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Very cool...
Old 05-25-2009, 01:40 PM
overZealous1

making a few calls for ya. i know alot of people willing to make the drive for that price.
Old 05-25-2009, 05:21 PM
Entaille

thanks dude. I have gotten a lot of response for a single day on it. It is hard to put a value on the thing, hoping I didn't start here too low. : )
Old 05-26-2009, 08:47 AM
Entaille

bump, couple folks coming to see it in person today.

overzealous - what kind of money do you think it would take to restore this thing properly? I have heard a wide range of guess work but not from anyone that has a lot of experience in restoration, and it sounds like you do!
Old 05-26-2009, 10:50 PM
overZealous1

if you can do your own work, i would say under $7k in parts. most of it is sandblasting and refinishing. looks like you wouldn't need many new parts. hell, the car could be totally bare frame in a weekend!
when i say $7k in parts, i am talking you could have the thing perfect! parts are cheap with all the reproduction parts out there.
my 67 camaro is where i learned to do body work, lol. i'm going a little different direction than stock though. mine was made on the 3rd day of production in 67 (yup, #1292) but it came with a 230inline 6 with a powerglide trans. so not really worth the effort to go concourse or anything. did have some special options though and will be keeping those.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:12 AM
Entaille

I'd be curious to see some pics of your classics if you ever have some free time : )
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
overZealous1

my camaro is stripped to pretty much a bare rolling frame, lol. has been that way for about 15 years. but, has been inside the whole time. been side tracked, lol.
it is my first car, and will be my last car. the rest have been fun, but alot of memories and the fact it was the first car makes it so i could never part with it. i tried selling once, and figured it was an act of god it didn't sell and i would prolly punch my own ***** right now as this thread would have brought it up if it did sell, lol.
got it in pristine original condition. going a different route. learning as much as i can while i am still young and as kind of a retirement project, i will use everything i have learned into that car.
Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
Entaille

you are a bastard, you have me sending out some emails asking for aproximate costs to get things done so I can get a better idea to help me decide to sell or not. I would be paying a shop to do the bodywork/rust repair for sure. I could probably tackle the rest of it. I don't know what magical number I am hoping to hear that will make me decide to keep it or not.. :d

I figure if I chipped away at it for a few years it could be restored soon enough. the largest concern I have is the rust and the fact that it is stored under a car part (not garage) so it's not fully protected.

it would be a slow process and I think I would need to immediately take care of the rust issues, but I could work towards it.

nothing is definite anyways, I might get scared away from it when I know what I'm in for. seeing it again and listening to the engine fire up got that sentimental attachment rolling. I am still hearing out the offers from people that would like to buy it in the mean time, I have had all sorts of strange offers from craigslist .. :d

I'll see what my dad thinks too. it was his car that he passed on to me for my first car when I was 17, so when I decided it had been sitting for too long, I offered to give it back to him. he didn't really want it. he has helped do a lot of the work on it and I am sure he is sick of seeing it in his car port. he threw me the idea of selling it and splitting the proceeds with him.
Old 05-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Entaille

a large part of me thinks it would be selfish to invest in another car (having the Z as well) and dumping money into it. I try to rationalize that by knowing it increases the value of this vs pissing it away on the Z lol.

decisions decisions.
Old 05-28-2009, 08:06 PM
garym

OverZealous1 is right.
That's a car you'll want to hang on to and fix up.

I still have my first muscle car I ever purchased back in 1982.
A 1968 Chevelle SS396.
I'll probably be buried in it. LOL.

I love it when I meet someone and they say they wish they still had some car from back in high school.
I just smile and say "I do. Wanna go for a ride?"

Pro-built. 667whp 10-second quarter mile

Quick Reply: For Sale: 68 Camaro RS