Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

might be selling

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2009, 07:08 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

that would be one hell of a cool car to have man, especially with the work you'd put into it.

I will probably experience similar emotions tomorrow. the guy rescheduled on me but says he's going to buy it, we'll see.
Old 06-11-2009, 07:21 PM
djSLiM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
mid engine, tube frame, fiberglass body, V8, means scaring the fug out of me! haha. think i could easily have that replace the Z.
just found out they are only 1500lbs to boot! insane with 600hp and a 4spd.
that thing is gross looking though... i mean, a face only a mother could love kind of ugly... re-do the body and put in a 6 speed and it'd be awesome!
Old 06-11-2009, 08:11 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, i do agree. it is ugly, but for some reason i think it would be killer with the right wheel/tire and paint combo. here is a couple pics of ones with modified rear ends. seems to balance the car ALOT better. these look wicked! could whip out the red one with the wing in a week really. you can also remove the top for open air driving.
for the price it is pretty cool. would be a fun and rare car. more research is turning up that they are 350hp stock and right at about 1500lbs and capable of 200mph. chevy small block that can be built up for pennies. tough to beat a brutal car like that for the coin. interior is basically strictly race car type stuff. would be cool and could prolly pick it up for $11k.
Attached Thumbnails might be selling-manta-mirage-wing-1.jpg   might be selling-manta-mirage-wing-2.jpg   might be selling-manta-mirage-montage-1.jpg  
Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
sdbarker

If that thing is 1,500lbs and has a 350hp small block in it, you'll be hard pressed to do any weight reduction I'd imagine, but getting up to the 600+ mark would be easy.

I'm now also scared on your behalf.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Congrats on the sale!
Old 06-12-2009, 05:12 AM
350LowLife

I know it's just a typo...But I had to laugh at the "doomed pistons" in the description.

has my wife been driving that car?
Old 06-12-2009, 06:16 AM
pacfwu

Originally Posted by 350LowLife
I know it's just a typo...But I had to laugh at the "doomed pistons" in the description.
Drew has doomed pistons.

Last edited by pacfwu; 06-12-2009 at 06:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 10:54 AM
sno

Damn, that thing is ugly. If you do get it, change the front end, PLEASE!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:10 PM
overZealous1

my offer of $10.5k got accepted! the guy has a bike to deliver to seattle also, so it will get delivered to my door step too.
the Z at 700 flywheel hp would be about 4.7lbs per hp. this thing will be 4.2lbs per hp in its present condition. all the weight over the rear tires and that light of weight will make this car a bolt of lightning! the amount of rubber you can fit under the car is insane also. already have a set of wheels i am looking at that were off an original mclaren m8 can am car back in the day. 15x12 front and 15x15 rear. going nostalgic on this ****!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:16 PM
overZealous1

has my wife been driving that car?
ya, noticed that too, lol. gunna do a top end tear down on this thing. it has center bolt heads (probably from a vette) but they are very small chamber. normal height deck with those heads and flat tops net ya about 10.3 comp. need to do the tear down to make sure comp ratio is acceptable for pump gas.
this thing will tangle with your chevelle in the 1/4 maybe.

i know the looks are kind of odd, but i can make it look killer. the shear performance will be breathtaking and worth it. seen similar ones selling for $20-25k in running condition. i may just try to turn and burn it on ebay in a week. if it doesn't sell, the modifying begins!!
Old 06-12-2009, 12:54 PM
Entaille

little more profit on that work then on my Camaro!

I hope you get to toy with at least a little bit, that would be fun to drive.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:23 PM
wasuber

looks like a Hard Castle & Mc Cormick car

Last edited by wasuber; 01-20-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:17 PM
350LowLife

Blah blah yakkity jak blah something about 10.3 comp. blah blah mumble blah acceptable for pump gas.

this thing will tangle with your chevelle in the 1/4 maybe.

I wish I had a chevelle...Must have been that other guy..heh heh...

Instead I have a POS Ford Ranger that I dont drive until it becomes exempt from emissions next year.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:54 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by wasuber
looks like a Hard Castle & Mc Cormick car

dude, funny thing is, that is the same manufacturer. the hc &mcrmk car was a manta montage. it had either a v6 or a vw4. the "coyote" brought visions to mind and it ended up being the same manufacturer. thanks for being old enough to remember that car and show, lol. knight rider and the "coyote" was the great 8pm programs during the time.
i bought the Z to get away from the corvette addiction that i had. i built them up too far to be normal drivers cause there was so much aftermarket it was easy. the Z was supposed to stay stock. it was supposed to be the cruiser that was nice to cruise while the vettes were the show cars. hence me screen name of overZealous1. i could not leave well enough alone and the Z fell victim. the parts available at the time of my build i felt were not properly engineered and were not maximized. the birth or SVRTech. made a very good name for myself and proven parts that even though most have been copied at this point now, some still hold records that cannot be beat on this chassis. if anyone needs proof, i can document it on this site and timeline easily. there was a race on this chassis to have the latest and greatest and found the car parts (no matter how good they are) biz was even more of a cuttthroat biz than the construction biz. i changed the direction of this chassis with the parts i came up with (with copiers reaping some benefits). i have watched shops be born on this site when asking me questions. seen all of the bs between the shops on here pointing fingers and fighting for business trying to prove who is best.
i just love cars and the challenge of making them go faster is my vise for some reason. there is alot more behind pm's with manufacturers and sponsors and inside info that i don't really want to point fingers, but i am glad that i keep my love of engines and cars.
it is a passion. a motor has no idea how much power it makes or what name is on the valve cover. all it knows is to go fast, lol.

there is still some old school folk on this site that will comfirm what i have said. if you are a dip **** new comer to question me or do a random ******* post, please pm me for more info.

sorry eric, didn't mean to tag this onto a reply to you, lol. luckily, the local folk are good, the reason i have hung out here rather than the rest of the site for over a year.

there is still quite a few ideas i never had a chance to turn into hard parts. the investment would be about a break even, but have a variable intake plan that is pretty revolutionary and simple on the acctuation. i figured a sell of 3-4 units (make your money back), there is always top of the line cars that need top of the line parts.
all of the parts i came up with was for my own car. they just happened to be better than the other dipshits that depend on telling customers what is best based on the dealer mark up. call it a sales spiff. not my game.

while most of the shops that i have seen started with this chassis have now gone under, alot of them did not know wtf a camshaft was at first or how to read a cam profile.
for the guys who read this, i have been hired by shops to oversee builds on this chassis and told them to tear everything apart. (which reminds me, i am still owed favors from shops that are under now) they got built correctly after that.

Last edited by overZealous1; 06-12-2009 at 10:57 PM.
Old 06-12-2009, 09:57 PM
overZealous1

I wish I had a chevelle...Must have been that other guy..heh heh...

Instead I have a POS Ford Ranger that I dont drive until it becomes exempt from emissions next year.
crap, sorry man, i was looking for garym. he has the same pic in his avatar and i didn't look at the name.
jump that ranger with air under the tires and we call it even, hahaha.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:43 PM
overZealous1

well the car got here yesterday and all i can say is wow. the last time the car was renewed was 1986. it only has 1,461 miles on it also!!! the tires are the original 1982 ones that came on the car and are still perfect with the nubs still on them and no cracking what so ever. the interior is absolutely perfect, not a single flaw. it has a/c and a heater, all of the gauges work and not even a single bulb is burned out and i am betting they are from 1982 also! cooler yet is it has air adjustable shocks with an onboard compressor!!! pretty sweet, i can lift the front of the car up like 2-3", pretty cool little option, and drop it right back down. the headlights are actuated by air cylinders and there is not a leak in the entire system.
it really is just a race car with a few cool amenities. full tube frame and the car has nearly a full belly pan. i am 5'7" and the car fits me nearly perfect. i took the top off and one of my friends who is 6'2" and his head was sticking out of the car and he was looking over the windshield, hahaha. i am gunna have to get some cool goggles to cruise around in this thing!
i am figuring just getting it running and i will be able to EASILY double or triple my money in a week. not sure i want to get rid of this one yet though!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:16 PM
NeverBoneStock

You had one badass Z. I remember when I came over and checked that out . IT WAS SICK!. Good luck with the new toy !!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:35 PM
sdbarker

Nice! Congrats again, Scott. I can't wait to see where this thing goes!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:23 AM
wasuber

dude, funny thing is, that is the same manufacturer. the hc &mcrmk car was a manta montage. it had either a v6 or a vw4. the "coyote" brought visions to mind and it ended up being the same manufacturer. thanks for being old enough to remember that car and show, lol. knight rider and the "coyote" was the great 8pm programs during the time.
No problem ! I try ! LMAO

Enjoy the new purchase, you crack me up man!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:34 AM
Entaille

damn dude sounds like a steal in that condition and price!

Quick Reply: might be selling