Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

might be selling

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 08:40 AM
wasuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overZealous1
my offer of $10.5k got accepted! the guy has a bike to deliver to seattle also, so it will get delivered to my door step too.
the Z at 700 flywheel hp would be about 4.7lbs per hp. this thing will be 4.2lbs per hp in its present condition. all the weight over the rear tires and that light of weight will make this car a bolt of lightning! the amount of rubber you can fit under the car is insane also. already have a set of wheels i am looking at that were off an original mclaren m8 can am car back in the day. 15x12 front and 15x15 rear. going nostalgic on this ****!
So I just spent a few minutes looking that thing over and I have to say I love it and I have to come down and look at it! Like soon!
Old 06-15-2009, 09:41 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

sounds like you need to host a BBQ cause I want to see that thing too!
Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well finally started working on this thing today. pretty cool. looks like the a/c and heater was just never completely hooked up.
the manta forums lack a good amount of info due to the shear lack of members, lol. i am gunna pull all the body off and just go through all the systems on the car then it should be good to go!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:56 PM
jason@psi

Scott,

Congratulations on the new purchase. Believe it or not I know another Manta owner over in West Linn. He runs a 400hp SB with a crycogenenic treated Corvair transmission just don't tell Ralph Nader (got to be old to get that one)

You need to swing by the shop so we can check it out.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
overZealous1

hey jason, was gunna give you a call and tell ya about this thing, hahah. i did see on the manta registry there was one guy in oregon who had one, no real contact info though.
the work has already started and of course, to keep with my screen name, chit is already starting to head off the charts. this little car is gunna be insane!!! ya better have an indy car to think about keeping up!!
i'm gunna start a thread dedicated to the build on this thing here in the nw. it will just be to much of a priceless race car build to not share.
Old 09-16-2009, 12:39 PM
WAY2SLO

Default The tabs are not pretty

[QUOTE=overZealous1;7432123]i just watched it drive away. deal is done. he is from denver and i told him to for sure get on the site because of the wealth of knowledge here. plus i can keep tabs on it!!
i have to admit, i did blubber like a baby a couple times. can't believe it is gone. for me it really wasn't about the money (though it did help, lol) but the car has a ton of history with me and not to mention all the time that i had in it with boody knuckles, late nights, thrashing to get ready for a show, developing parts and the thrills driving the car. it truely was the best well balanced and sorted performance cars i have ever owned. no way to find an equal for the $30k selling price.

Bad news for a FIRST post
Just took the car to Mac performance in Parker to let someone else deal with the cooling system and along with the stop-leak i put in the radiator they claim to have found the familiar smell and appearance of motor oil, they want to pull the engine and check the heads claiming that i have blown head gaskets.....
$%^&* its just a hair too early to start drinking

These guys are supposed to be good and deal a lot with team Subaru but as it is the car of choice by... ehh better not go there....
Old 09-16-2009, 01:32 PM
sdbarker

... eh?
Old 09-16-2009, 04:54 PM
350LowLife

Oh noes!!....You Brokes it allsready!
Old 09-16-2009, 06:27 PM
HaulinZ

IIRC that car didnt have too many miles on it... and god knows how few were on it since his build... i find it weird that headgaskets would be the issue already... did they attempt to change the oil or take an actual sample? i would at least be 50% sure of something before jumping to pulling the motor... esp on that car
Old 09-16-2009, 07:45 PM
WAY2SLO

I agree, I insisted that they get a pressure tester for the cooling system and after that test they determined that the hose between the heater core and the block was leaking so they are going to replace it, flush it out and retest.
Old 09-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

didnt that car have like 3k miles on it or something crazy low?.. and so well kept, built and designed by such a skilled mechanic.

I have heard a lot of bad info coming from 'specialty' shops too.. good if you have the specialty car, not so good if they are making assumptions on yours : P
Old 09-16-2009, 08:37 PM
HaulinZ

Originally Posted by WAY2SLO
I agree, I insisted that they get a pressure tester for the cooling system and after that test they determined that the hose between the heater core and the block was leaking so they are going to replace it, flush it out and retest.
good call
Old 09-18-2009, 03:39 PM
overZealous1

[QUOTE=WAY2SLO;7751728]
Originally Posted by overZealous1
i just watched it drive away. deal is done. he is from denver and i told him to for sure get on the site because of the wealth of knowledge here. plus i can keep tabs on it!!
i have to admit, i did blubber like a baby a couple times. can't believe it is gone. for me it really wasn't about the money (though it did help, lol) but the car has a ton of history with me and not to mention all the time that i had in it with boody knuckles, late nights, thrashing to get ready for a show, developing parts and the thrills driving the car. it truely was the best well balanced and sorted performance cars i have ever owned. no way to find an equal for the $30k selling price.

Bad news for a FIRST post
Just took the car to Mac performance in Parker to let someone else deal with the cooling system and along with the stop-leak i put in the radiator they claim to have found the familiar smell and appearance of motor oil, they want to pull the engine and check the heads claiming that i have blown head gaskets.....
$%^&* its just a hair too early to start drinking

These guys are supposed to be good and deal a lot with team Subaru but as it is the car of choice by... ehh better not go there....
hey rod. DO NOT LISTEN TO WHAT THESE GUYS HAVE TO SAY!! NO EFFING WAY THE GASKETS ARE LEAKING!!
it is the area on the back of the block where the crossover pipe comes out of the back of the heads. i thought i had it sealed but the long drive for ya back to denver must have aggravated it and it leaked again. i discussed this with ya on the phone. (after reading down further that is exactly what the guys testing it confirmed) if bars leaks doesn't do the trick (small leak, and yes, bars leaks can smell like fuel/oil and make the water look milky. in actuallity, it creates a good lubricant and rust inhibitor. but, if a shop is unfamiliar with it, the common misreading is head gasket.

the only prob is just the small leak in the rear crossover area. DO NOT let them tell you different or they are trying to rip you off.
glad to see you are on the site. there are alot of shops and connections you can make on the site to find a reputable shop familiar with 350Z's on here. hell, if ya took it to a regular mechanic, they would open the hood and go crying to mama!! haha.

remember about the water filling proceedure also. not like a regular car and will take awhile to get full. all the tricks to the car i did make it alot easier than stock though.
give me a call or have the shop call me. 503-504-1037 i can set them straight.

(sorry i caught this so late, pm me next time. i will get an email from that)