Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

Vinyl wrapping?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Tatakai

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl wrapping?

Anyone ever look into vinyl wrapping services? I've seen a lot of cars in Japan starting to pop up in shows with hood wraps, I'm kinda tempted to have it done myself. They can even wrap a hood in a carbon fiber vinyl for a lot less than the cost of a carbon fiber hood.. might be kind cool.

Anyone else interested? I bet if we could come up with a few people we could get a group buy going or something
Old 11-07-2009, 12:02 PM
wasuber

Alvin knows a guy I think, Alvin?

Everyone knows I'm down for some stickers

Last edited by wasuber; 11-07-2009 at 01:20 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:08 PM
Tatakai

Originally Posted by wasuber

Everone knows I'm down for some stickers
i got to intec racing for all of my stickers! more stickers more HP right?

they're going to start doing the hood wraps and stuff, i'm thinking about getting my hood done in either carbon fiber or some art
Old 11-07-2009, 03:32 PM
killa.beez33

Originally Posted by Tatakai
They can even wrap a hood in a carbon fiber vinyl for a lot less than the cost of a carbon fiber hood.. might be kind cool.

Please don't.
Old 11-07-2009, 04:01 PM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ +1
Old 11-07-2009, 05:39 PM
user_deus

Speaking of stickers, does My350z have stickers?! I'd like to advertise the forums, so we can get the other Z owners in our various areas here!
Old 11-07-2009, 07:13 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Cant imagine stickers looking good, how ricey is it going to be when your giant sticker starts peeling and your paint is ruined underneath? If you want to get a CF hood, then by all means buy one.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:13 PM
sdbarker

But the vinyl wrap is WAY cheaper than an actual CF hood and provides the same benefit (looking cool), so why not?!
Old 11-07-2009, 09:27 PM
djSLiM

Originally Posted by killa.beez33

Please don't.

Originally Posted by DeusEt
Speaking of stickers, does My350z have stickers?! I'd like to advertise the forums, so we can get the other Z owners in our various areas here!
i made g35driver.com ones before. alvin had someone make some up, but they were more of a sticker than a decal. i guess i'm gonna have to make my350z.com ones as well.

Originally Posted by Bumpinjeep
how awesome is it going to be when your giant sticker starts peeling when v-tec kicks in and your paint is burned from the intense velocity?
fixed

Originally Posted by sdbarker
But the vinyl wrap is WAY cheaper than an actual CF hood and provides the same benefit (looking cool), so why not?!
i know right?!?

Originally Posted by Tatakai
blah blah blah... intec... blah blah blah...

they're going to start doing the hood wraps and stuff, i'm thinking about getting my hood done in either carbon fiber or some art
sooo... were you actually looking for a place that does this or was this just a feeler thread for intec?
Old 11-07-2009, 09:51 PM
Archaismic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

noooooo don't wrap a hood in fake CF...... not that i'm anyone to say not to do things to a car that you'll regret :: cough :: lambo doors :: cough :: but yeah... by now even high school girls know what CF is for and may very well punch you mid coitus and then pull those little beads out of you chainsaw style for wrapping your hood in fake CF

maybe that was over the top... in any case don't do it, we can start a pool to get you a real CF hood if need be but for god's sake man don't wrap your hood in fake CF

on another note though... good vinyl wont ruin paint it just keeps it from oxidizing as fast as the rest of the paint and it will leave a noticeable difference in as little as 6 months depending on the age of the paint job and i firmly believe you can in fact tastefully decorate a car with vinyl
Old 11-07-2009, 10:54 PM
HaulinZ

Ask Ricky from kami dori.... i know you know who that is... his entire car was wrapped when it was the bright to dark green
Old 11-09-2009, 11:29 AM
dalecan

My mate just did his whole car in the UK. It was dark metallic grey originally. Follow the link. I've been thinking about a ludicrous color for mine, seeing as I don't drive it that often.

http://www.z3mcoupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8834
Old 11-09-2009, 12:54 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wasuber

Everyone knows I'm down for some stickers
Thanks Eric, yes Robert from WXSigns does great work! He makes anything from fully prepped vinyl for race cars to small decals. He sells the my350z.com decals on here as a sponsor but you can contact him for anything and everything vinyl related!

https://my350z.com/forum/body-exteri...y350z-com.html

Last edited by AlvinHuyN; 11-09-2009 at 12:56 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 01:06 PM
Tatakai

Originally Posted by djSLiM
sooo... were you actually looking for a place that does this or was this just a feeler thread for intec?
i heard them talking about it the other day and was wondering what others opinion on it was.

high quality vinyl will act just like that 3m stuff that protects the paint, and if you take it off the paint will still be in pristine condition.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:40 PM
dhays

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sdbarker
The problem is that it doesn't look "cool", it would look stupid. If someone puts a CF hood on their car to lower weight, that is one thing. To put CF vinyl over the metal hood is a bit pathetic and just screams "RICE".

If you want to use some unique artwork for a wrap, that would be great, provided the artwork is decent.

+1 for the 350z.com stickers. I have them on my Z.

Dave
Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM
user_deus

I want one of those my350.com decals!! Who do I call/kill/threaten to hurt?
Old 11-25-2009, 11:01 PM
jaez

www.exclusivefilmsautospa.com

I got a few little things done from these guys. There the only ones i let tint any of my vehicles. Ive tinted about 8 cars so far from them flawless. But in any case they have full color vinyl printer. They tested out some of the cf wrap with the digital printer of theres. The one of there own personal cars (porsche) done in a few spots with it. Doesnt look to bad. Nothing id do on my own car lol. But i would definitly only see these guys about vinyl work. I pay to have my moms car detailed there pretty often. They do amazing work on that as well.