Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

POST YOUR BODY/CAR SHOP EXPERIENCE NorthWest (Installs/Paint/Bodywork)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow POST YOUR BODY/CAR SHOP EXPERIENCE NorthWest (Installs/Paint/Bodywork)

When giving review make sure to copy the bold headers while doing your review. I will start it off...

SHOP NAME: Jim's Detail Shop
WORK DONE: Window Tinting
PROS: Friendly Staff
CONS: I came here based off another friend that told me these guys were awesome and you'll get a better deal because he knew them. Whoever the old hag that was installing my window tint was a lamer. I had to take my car back 3 times to have them re-do it over and over and over again. Hairs would get caught inbetween the window and tint. To this day my tint is still messed up. I plan to bring my car back to them in the summer and have them re-do my tint again or give me a refund.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: NO!
OTHER THOUGHTS: Should have never taken my car here.

----------------------------------------

SHOP NAME: Stage Performance
WORK DONE:
-Nismo Exhaust Install.
-Mount brand new tires on brand new Volk GT-S rims.
PROS: Exhaust install was done good.
CONS: This shop I went too based off a hommie hookup. My biggest complaint about this shop was the mounting of my new tires on my brand new set of Volk GT-S rims. I brought these Volks to them still in the original box. While my car was in their shop I noticed a small ding on the driver side rear rim. It was a very small ding (like the teeth on the tire mounting machine had to grab the rim to hold on). I didn't think anything of it because I only noticed it on that one rim. After the car was done I took it home for a more intense inspection. I noticed the same ding on all 4 rims, same space out, same depth. I also noticed a 1" scratch on one of the rims as well. I should have brought the small ding up right away but I didn't and that's totally my fault. They told me that it could have been a rock that caused those dings. Well that is complete lies because each ding was the same space out, same depth...so they are saying that some magical rock hit my rims in the same spot while driving 9 miles back home from there shop. They wouldn't do anything about it so I had to sell them to someone and re-purchase brand new ones again (I was out $900 for their f.uck up). The least thing I asked them to do is re-mount my stock rims back on so I can sell the Volks to someone which they did for free. On the Volks themselfs they have a sticker that says you must reverse mount the tire. If my memory recalls correctly as I glanced at the guy mounting the tires on my rims I do not think they reverse mounted them. Also later down the road I removed my front bumper because I wanted re-do some wiring. I found out some of the screws were generic and not my factory screws! This shop is the most ghetto shop I have ever been at.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: NO!
OTHER THOUGHTS: I should have checked out other shops.

SHOP NAME: Speedware Motorsports
WORK DONE:
-Oil change.
-Full Alignment.
-Corner Balance.
-Re-install engine strut bar.
-Overlook my installs that I did myself.
-Torque brakes and suspension components to spec.
PROS: Very friendly staff with huge/clean shop.
CONS: GTM said they could not re-use the new K&N oil filter because they said the rubber seal was messed up (I wanted to re-use that oil filter because I didn't even put any miles on the car before sending it down to GTM. GTM said it was not lubed before install. Contacted Speedware about it and they said they never would make a simple mistake like that.

One of the GTM techs kept wondering if my alignment was way too aggressive. Anytime he went to work on my car he would mention to Sam, "Are you sure this alignment is correct?". Sam decided to put it on the alignment machine to check it out. It was showing a -3 camber in the rear. They also found that I installed the rear SPC toe bolts in the wrong spot. I told Speedware I installed the suspension, bbk, and camber arms myself and to do a once look over just to make sure I installed everything correctly. One of the techs at Speedware must have not even looked over my work. Not sure what they were aligning? The good news is they refunded the whole alignment. So I was happy about that. Speedware also sent me a $5 starbucks gift card in the mail. That was kind and thoughtful. This shop does have great customer service for sure.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: I'm going to have to kindly say no.
OTHER THOUGHTS: Bumpinjeep told me that CarNutz in Bellevue was even better.

SHOP NAME: GTM (GT Motorsports)
WORK DONE:
-GTM Stage 2 Twin Turbo
-Thermal Coated Black Intercooler
-Power Coated Black Piping
-HR Down Pipes
-Oil Cooler
-Defi (Boost/EGT/Oil)
-HKS EVC Boost Controller
-Greddy Oil Catch Can
-NRG Carbon Fiber Hood Dampers
-Bed-in new StopTech brakes/rotors.
-CuztomPartZ Undershroud Belly Pan Power Coated
-Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection Stage 2 (Safe Injection, Dual Nozzle Upgrade, Solenoid Upgrade, 2.5 Gallon Reservoir, 375ML Nozzels, LEDs)
-Install new Clearcorners headlights (read my review about CinCity Designs vs. Clearconers as well! my350z.com/forum/exterior-and-interior/470740-my-personal-review-of-both-cincity-designs-and-clearcorners-com.html),
PROS: I did not want to go FI until another 2 years past. Mike/Sam talked me into it and gave me free return shipping to do it then. I shipped the car down there around Oct 2009. This was at the time Mike@GTM started working there. Mike was very nice and explained tons of stuff and we had a good time talking on the phone and chatting online about other options to do. I had a very hard time thinking of where I should mount the boost controller, defi gauges, defi control link box, snow performance tank/leds and other things. I got that all figured out finally. Now that Mike is gone from GTM I have been dealing with Sam directly for the second half of my car being down there. Sam always answered my calls and my questions. I do call for updates every week and I do get them. I had a job change that came up and gave me about 1 month off. Told Sam about it and told him I am going to drive down there and pickup my car with a truck and trailer. I told him the date I was going to be there and he said the car would be ready. Pulled up the shop and it was there and they were doing the last bit of stuff. Went for a test drive and that was scary as hell.

Sam is all around a good guy. There was times when we had miscommunication so it is very important to explain everything and don't leave any details out.

CONS: It took over 1 year to get my car done. I understand that it does take time to complete high quality work but I don't think it should take one full year to complete a non-motor stage 2 TT install. If I got a full motor build I could understand that, but I did not even do a full motor build. I know some of the delay was my fault but very minimal. They had a lot of work on their plate which is why now I understand why it took so long. They also had a issue with my fuel gauge stopped working all of a sudden. They thought they fixed it but it came back. Had to replace the whole cluster with a new one from Nissan. Well after I finally got the car home I did my inspection and saw that there was a big scratch on the left blinker plastic. Also it was pretty dirty around the outside of the silver finish too. Told Sam about it and said this was unacceptable for a new part from Nissan to be like this. He said he would take care of it if I can ship it back to him.

So I shipped him the cluster down and after a about 1 month I got the cluster back. Everything looked fine until I turned on my bright halogen desk lamp. Guess what, there is a scratch still there. I don't know if it was the same one or just a different one but was pretty upset. I took it upon myself to take the cluster apart to see exactly where that scratch is. Turns out that it's just one big plastic piece that needed to be replaced. I told Sam I would call Performance Nissan and see what the price would be and hopefully he could just buy that piece and not a whole new cluster. Well good news was that the plastic piece was available for ~$190 something shipped. I told him about it and he kind of didn't like that it was a $190 part. We had a long discussion on the phone about this and he tried to put it on me as if I am "too ****". Yes, I am probably one of the most **** people in the word but when I send my brand new car with only 5,000 miles on it I expect it to come back in the same condition and not these surprise scratches if you know what I mean. In the end he paid for the part so he wouldn't have to deal with it any longer. I ordered the part directly from Performance Nissan.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: Probably not. Sam lies a lot and poor business man.
OTHER THOUGHTS: I think things would have been different if I would have known some things before I did this. There is always something that will come up to delay the work...can't get around it. I've been screwed over in the past from different companies and so I was always on the defensive with GTM. I always heard things from other people and got scared at times and would assume and accuse GTM of things. Doing all this to my car has taught me a lot of things and I will never repeat them...If you ever buy a car and want to upgrade it/customize it...always do the engine first, then everything else like suspension, brakes, rims, ect. I did the engine part last and it was such a bad idea. The brand new brakes made tons of brake dust all over my new volk rims and had to clean them all the time.

Last edited by Goo$e; 12-11-2011 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:23 PM
aznguy370z

WORK DONE: Rear camber install, adjust coilovers
PROS: Good price, friendly, quick
CONS: I don't think they were familiar with coilovers that need to be adjusted by shock and springs.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: Yes
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SHOP NAME: Speedware Motorsports
WORK DONE: Full Alignment. Corner Balance.
PROS: Experienced shop, large, clean, professonal
CONS: A lot more expensive

RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: YES

Last edited by aznguy370z; 05-22-2010 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:52 PM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WORK DONE: Powergrid Sway Bar Endlinks Install and Adjust/Alignment
PROS: Price
CONS: They never had done these before, so kind of questions how experianced they are. Also my appointment was at 4:30PM but my car got on the rack at 5:45PM.

RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: No.
OTHER THOUGHTS: None.

SHOP NAME: JMI
WORK DONE: Front lip paint and install. Rear bumper crack fix.
PROS: Price and detail to work. Their prices also are pretty good and can install kits and lips much better then normal auto body shops. Making them fit much better.
CONS: I went to JMI on 2 different occasions. First time was to install and paint my front Vertex lip. AWSOME! They also made the side skirts fit nice and tight!
2nd time was cause I cracked my rear Vertex bumper. They fixed the crack great! But there were also some spider web looking cracks on the paint too. He fixed thoes up no problem as well. But there were some that were still visable. So had to go in a 2nd time to get it right. Their prices also beats most other shops.

OTHER THOUGHTS: One of the most humble guys I have meet! (Jeff the owner)

SHOP NAME: Intec Racing
WORK DONE: Alarm install.
PROS: NONE!
CONS: Everything! To be more specific, they scratched my side skirt. But repaired it with the liking of my body shop. Later found out that the body shop was never paid from Intec. Also the alarm install was a disaster. The doors didnt even lock! After a while got a refund, but their checked bounced! Couldnt get my money back for 3 month and over 15 trips to their shop!

RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: No
OTHER THOUGHTS: None

SHOP NAME: Car Stero Plus
WORK DONE: Alarm install.
PROS: They do great work and do it fast too! They know what they are doing and also have friendly service.
CONS: A little on the pricy side.

SHOP NAME: Franks Window Tinting
WORK DONE: Tint
PROS: Awsome work and do a great job on the matrix aswell!
CONS: None.

Last edited by tw8715; 05-22-2010 at 04:36 AM.
Old 03-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

SHOP NAME: VTR
WORK DONE: Various installs.. exhaust, intake, plenum spacer, tint, sub/amp/head unit, custom fab work, they ordered my nismo spoiler and hired a painter, did the install etc. worked on multiple cars and friends/familys cars..
PROS: best customer service I've experienced anywhere. they really take care of you. their quality of work is top notch. they can handle much more advanced work as well, I've seen some incredible projects come out of there.
CONS: haven't experienced one.
WORK DONE: Spark plugs replaced, valve cover replaced, Osiris reflash and dyno tune
PROS: they really know their Nissans here.. they do quality work, at fair prices. lawrence is a great tuner.
CONS: debit/credit incurs a 3% extra fee.. adds up when you are spending good money.
SHOP NAME: Bel Red auto rebuild
WORK DONE: Body kit tweaking, prep, paint and install
PROS:great customer service, paint match was STELLAR, looks OEM/out of the factory. the lines on the two tone paint are excellent. pricing was hundreds less then other local shops that were willing to take on the job.
CONS: went over the original quote by a good amount, but they didn't know how much effort would be needed on these shine auto pieces. even then the pricing was still great, but the quote was off.

Last edited by Entaille; 05-23-2010 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 AM
Looks Fast

SHOP NAME: CarNutz Customz
WORK DONE: Just about everything.
- Installed Veilside v3 full body kit with paint (Magnetic Black Pearl)
- Greddy Evo2 install (with relocated Evap)
- Custom mounted G37 Paddle Shifters installed
- H&R CoilOvers
- Wheels install and alignments
- Tinting
- Installed new shift ****/ebrake with custom stitched boots
- Carbon fiber work
- Removing & Installing the Valve Body (after I got it back from GTM)
- and more...

PROS: High Quality work, they can do anything.

CONS: Can be expensive.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOP NAME: GTM
WORK DONE: Transmission Valve Body Upgrade

PROS: Quality work.

CONS: Pricey, and depending on what you do, it can take some time.

Old 03-29-2010, 03:12 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

SHOP NAME: CarNutz Customz (there are a lot of Cs and Zs in their name)
- Installed Carbon Fiber Lip, Skirts, rears.
- D2 Racing Coils
- Tinted Windows
- Will have them install Stage 2 HR TT kit.

PROS: High Quality work, they can do anything and everything, if they cant do it, they have connections to places that do. Its a very inclusive shop in terms of dropping off the car and picking it up with all of the work done. Yes they are expensive, but the quality of work is there. Hell, they lay carbon fiber in house. If you want the work done correctly, this is the place for you.

CONS: Very expensive, if you are on a budget, this is not the place for you.

OTHER THOUGHTS: This is a very reputable shop in the Eastside area. I would recomment them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by Bumpinjeep; 05-23-2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM
davboy

SHOP NAME: Garage Autohero
WORK DONE: Installed twin disk clutch / flywheel, changed all fluids & sparkplugs, installed brake rotors pads ss lines
PROS: great attention to detail, good pricing
CONS: None

RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: Yes (but stay away until he finishes my Datsun J/K)

OTHER THOUGHTS: Ray is a one man show and busy so it can be hard to get time with him.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:43 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

SHOP NAME: McClanes Auto Detail
WORK DONE:Exterior / interior detailing
PROS: Cheap for a detailing shop (150$ w/ discount) Interior turned out good.
CONS: Destroyed the finish on my wheels. Denies responsibility. His assistant is young and inexperienced. Didn't clean my exhaust tips, at all. Exterior detail pretty half assed. Left my floor mats in my hatch, thought the ****er kept them at first, lol.

RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: No way.

OTHER THOUGHTS: Ya get what ya pay for. I should learn how to buff/polish my own car so others don't have to touch it : (
Old 08-05-2010, 06:46 PM
aznguy370z

SHOP NAME: Aldercrest Rebuild
WORK DONE: Paint
PROS: $200 to paint my cf/fiberglass lip, only took 4 days
CONS: They usually take a long time to finish the job because they have a long waiting list.

Last edited by aznguy370z; 08-06-2010 at 09:00 AM.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:11 AM
RocketCoffin

SHOP NAME: VTR Performance
WORK DONE: Fender rolling, HID Ballast replacement
PROS: Friendly Staff, gave me a discount on fender rolling cause i am a poor college student and even retightened the main bolt on my driveshaft that was for whatever reason loose. Also shop is located literally 30 ft from a mcds
CONS: None
OTHER THOUGHTS: Would have rather done the work myself but my lack of tools up at college is limiting, glad I took it to them though.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:51 AM
white_sg

Default Scratch removal

Shop: Park Place
Work done: Somebody hit my driver door(white 03 track PPW)while in a parking garage with what appeared to be a bumper/trim mold composed of plastic or rubber and it scratched the horizontal length of my door. It looked like it might of been all the way through the clear coat. They washed it, applied a solvent, wet sanded it, and buffed it and it has been totally removed. They washed and mini detailed it for free and also removed 3 door dings and a handful of other minor scratches for $68.99 today. I was impressed with how it turned out. A new door used is about $900 and I was hesitant to take some rubbing compound and a buffer to it myself.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:21 AM
e46330i

SHOP NAME: Paramount Center
WORK DONE: Paint / Bodywork
PROS: Competitive pricing, excellent painting skills
CONS: They have a lot of traffic, so at times it may be hard to get work done right away.

My dealership uses them every other week or so (mostly for paint). We've never had any issues with their quality.

Several years ago they did the repair on my BMW after a manhole cover fell off a truck and struck me from the front. $17,000 worth of repairs, and not once did I ever have any issues with their work. They even did a fantastic job color matching the oxodized titanium silver paint on my hood.
Old 04-21-2011, 06:24 PM
HaulinZ

SHOP NAME: World One
WORK DONE: ordered misc stoptech brake stuff
PROS: None
CONS: High price asshat customer service and proper parts never showed up
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: no
other thoughts- i think they went under

WORK DONE: Osiris install and dyno tune +a couple verious parts ordered
PROS: knowledgeable and helpful
CONS: the install took a while but oh well. the end result was good
Other thoughts- ill be headed there saturday to order some parts and talk about tuning for my new track project

if you own an S chassis or older nissan z32 z31 skyline ect ect. UP Garage is pricey but amazing! very talented group down there in the Tacoma area. I dont think they do much for z33's

SHOP NAME: Intense Power
WORK DONE: LOTS of parts ordered
PROS: I used to live in phoenix and all i can say is these guys rock! they created this beast http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7d7L_z2XOA
CONS: havent had any
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: Yes online ordering

ill post more later
Old 07-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Looks Fast

SHOP NAME: CNC Autosports
- Pioneer Head Unit
- Stoptech BBK
- more soon to come

PROS: High Quality work, they can do anything.

CONS: Can be expensive.

OTHER THOUGHTS: CNC Autosports is CarNutz Customz with the exception that they left Park Place Ltd, got rid of their owner, and moved up next to Harley Davidson. They have two new techs which are very experienced in building out drift cars and more. They now do sound, now that they don't have a non-compete clause with CarToyz. And they do a few other new things which improves over what they did before. I recommend these guys to anyone in the area.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:45 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

WORK DONE:
Fully built engine
twin turbo kit install
custom return fuel system
custom alarm install
guages, etc
Uprev dyno tuning
Brakes (project mu, stoptech)
full suspension- (coilovers, SPL arms/ bushings, sway bars)
custom rims, tire mounting and balancing
alignment (custom specs available)
custom dual 3" exhaust
Full HID/LED conversion
Stickers

PROS: High Quality work, Lawrence can tune the **** out of VQ's, they will actually steer you away from spending money on stuff you don't need, good people.

CONS: It can take a while to get some parts, they're always busy

OTHER THOUGHTS: If you've got a VQ I wouldn't think of anywhere else to take it. They sponsor a bunch of local drifters, including walker wilkerson in the purple S13 who's been killing it in FD this year and Andrew Larson with the red 350z, and are actively R&Ding parts/ upgrades for our cars.

Highly recommended for anyone with a Z or G

Last edited by seymore4; 07-02-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:47 AM
seymore4
Professional

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts

SHOP NAME: Imperial window tinting

WORK DONE:

matte black 3M Vinyl wrap
Tint

PROS: Does an amazing job, outstanding attention to detail, very competitive prices

CONS:.....

OTHER THOUGHTS: Still a small operation because he's just getting started, but overall does great work and will actually warranty any issues that come up
Old 07-02-2011, 06:04 PM
tenn2200

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shop name: Illtech auto salon

Work done:
Z: insurance repair on front suspension, body work done

Pros: none
Cons: poor, poor work. They didn't use the parts I brought for my car, lied to my insurance company, lied to me, didn't blend any of the paint, the paint was poor as it was. Suspension out of alignment, they didn't give me my wheel they were paid to order, everytime I went they had a different quote, although they were already given the insurance check and nothing had changed. The car was there more than 3 months.

Would I recommend to a friend?: NO!!

Last edited by tenn2200; 07-02-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:38 PM
Goo$e
Banned

shop name:

Last edited by Goo$e; 03-24-2012 at 07:03 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 06:56 PM
wasuber

Originally Posted by G0053
SHOP NAME: Clearcorners.com
WORK DONE: White Super LED Highlights w/ Colo-Matched to Factory Paint Code. Front side markers. Rear combination lights.
PROS: None
CONS: I came to clearcorners.com after the hell I went through with CinCity Designs. Told Mike that I wanted a perfect set of lights. Long story short the paint was touching on the inside of the lens. I sent the driver side headlight back and he said that he touched it up as much as he could but it wasn't perfect. I asked what would make it perfect and he said to purchase a new lens housing. So I fronted the $575 bill (which I never should have!) for a new lens housing and asked him if this would guarantee me it would not touch the lens. He said yes, I guarantee it. Got the light back and paint was still touching the lens. I called him out and told him I would deal with it but I wanted my $575 refund. He started ignoring my calls and all my emails. I had to pretend I was a different customer, using a different email address just to get him to respond. TO THIS DAY, I HAVE STILL NOT RECEIVED MY $575 REFUND NOR MY ORIGINAL LENS HOUSING THAT IS MY PROPERTY! I recommend that nobody goes to clearcorners.com He is a lying, scamming, piece of ****. I've bought over $4,000 dollars worth of products from him and you would think that he would just refund my $575 and take care of me. NOPE! he sure won't. He would rather fawk me over than keep a customer coming back. I referred about 5-10 people to his web site. I had many friends that were going to purchase from him. I called them all and said don't buy anything from this piece of garbage. Another thing too, never do any custom work to lights on your car. You will have problems after problems after problems. Just don't do it.
RECOMMEND SHOP TO FRIENDS: NEVER BUY FROM CLEARCORNERS.COM Liar and scammer.
http://clearcorners.com/philosophy/

So this page is not accurate?
Old 12-11-2011, 07:42 PM
Goo$e
Banned

Correct. Not accurate.

Last edited by Goo$e; 03-24-2012 at 07:02 PM.

Quick Reply: POST YOUR BODY/CAR SHOP EXPERIENCE NorthWest (Installs/Paint/Bodywork)