Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 01:13 AM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want a 3.3 fd too

Come to me for details lol!!
Old 07-07-2010, 12:41 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

just sent payment for some new wheels . still going to pursue getting my rotas fixed 100%, selling em to absorb some of the cost.
Old 07-07-2010, 07:51 PM
Entaille

here's what the damage looks like, the finish is damaged on every wheel, some of it is just discoloration, some of it is rippled / flake looking, some of it looks like drips and stains .. arggg. some more then others, and good lord I need some new zinc plated rotors.

they are just ****ed all over .. look at the **** all over the rotor on #89 and the discoloration on the inside of the wheel etc..
Attached Thumbnails car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?-sdc10486-large-.jpg   car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?-sdc10487-large-.jpg   car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?-sdc10488-large-.jpg   car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?-sdc10489-large-.jpg  
Old 07-07-2010, 08:02 PM
wasuber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUDE ZOMG! Your wheels look like wood grain!! That is really f'd up!
Old 07-07-2010, 08:15 PM
Entaille

they want me to come in on Saturday to meet up with their product distributor so they can run tests and try to replicate the problem. what the ****, what else are they going to damage then give me the run around and not pay for? I don't want these clowns to touch my car again.

seeing these pics, up close, with flash clarifying the damage even more, makes me pretty heated. I'm going back in tomorrow to have another conversation with these d-bags.

rawr.

on a positive note, I picked up some polished barrel / gunmetal spokes volk gt-u's for a really good deal. that is the only soothing detail to the story.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:34 PM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow that is horrible!

i remember checking out your rims when we were doing the diff swap.

deff was not like that lol
Old 07-07-2010, 08:43 PM
Entaille

I'm sure aaron would agree.. ARG! haha
Old 07-08-2010, 05:45 PM
Entaille

argued with the guy for another half hour today, too fired up from the 180 they flipped up on me / accusation of bringing in the wheels damaged.

the punk *** kid that detailed my car wouldn't even talk to me or look me in the eye, even while I slammed his ******** work and his inexperience, just mumbled and threw in crap that did not pertain to the situation. how embarrassing. his girlfriend was hanging out with him at work and he couldn't stand up for himself.

his boss was royally pissed off at him when I first visited and he didn't speak up about me 'bringing in the wheels damaged', only after I left. it feels like he is lying because he was going to be negatively effected by the outcome of this scenario. pay out of pocket, out of his paycheck, boss thinking less of him? I don't know. if I had a side of a story I believed in I'd at least be able to look some short ****er like me in the eye and stick with my story - it's not like I am at all intimidating looking.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:52 PM
Entaille

his boss sat there and told me about all of the chemicals he uses in his shop, and how they can't possibly do this kind of damage. I told him he's the professional detailer, all I can do is sit here and agree with it, I don't know chemicals or what they are capable of. all I know is what they looked like before, and after.

all insignificant to me - they had my car for 3 hrs unattended, I have no idea what they did or what they used. just interested in the results.

petty **** and a total waste of time.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:55 AM
Z Sport

Grab a paper and write everything down from the start until now. Than determine a reasonable value of your damages- including a portion of your costs paid for the detailing. Go to the local County Court and File a Small Claim against the company - it doesn't cost very much to file the claim. Have the county Sheriffs office serve the shop with your claim. Within days you should get a call from the shop - now willing to settle the claim out of court. The shop will only give you a run around until you file the claim.......
Old 07-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Entaille

thanks pal. I'm meeting up with the shop on Saturday and that is the exact route of action I will take if they give me any more run around. I told him that I am perfectly ok with taking him to small claims court if he's not willing to work with me.
Old 07-10-2010, 09:34 AM
Entaille

update; his chemical distributor didn't want to do any trial and error work. just explained how x/y/z couldn't do the damage, but w was 'unlikely' to do it. I told him I wasn't there to talk chems or anything, that's his gig and I don't have the education to make an argument against their reasoning, I don't know what they did or applied to the car so it's irrelevant.

we talked for a bit, I was a lot nicer today since the distributor was being friendly. he suggested that the shop owner files an insurance claim. he said he'll do it on Monday. we'll see. starting the court process on Wednesday if I don't hear anything.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:15 PM
sdbarker

Originally Posted by Entaille
update; his chemical distributor didn't want to do any trial and error work. just explained how x/y/z couldn't do the damage, but w was 'unlikely' to do it. I told him I wasn't there to talk chems or anything, that's his gig and I don't have the education to make an argument against their reasoning, I don't know what they did or applied to the car so it's irrelevant.

we talked for a bit, I was a lot nicer today since the distributor was being friendly. he suggested that the shop owner files an insurance claim. he said he'll do it on Monday. we'll see. starting the court process on Wednesday if I don't hear anything.
I'd call him on Monday, just before closing, and ask him if he filed the claim. If not, just say, "Alright, I know how to proceed from here. Thank you." That should subtle enough to light a fire under his ***. Then go on Wednesday and start the court process if you don't hear from him. You don't want to do any more work to resolve this than you have to.
Old 07-10-2010, 04:20 PM
Bumpinjeep

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything works out for you, keep us updated.
Old 07-14-2010, 11:45 AM
Entaille

thanks for all the support guys. finally got some closure work enroute. as soon as I bring them the wheels with the tires removed they will powdercoat them. not the most ideal solution, but a solution I will take.

I am removing the tires to keep em for my new wheels anyways..
Old 07-14-2010, 12:47 PM
davboy

Sounds like a better solution then no solution at all. At least you can have a winter & summer set of wheels for your car now.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:52 PM
Entaille

meh.. 9.5" wide wheels will be expensive for winter tires, and are probably wider then I'd want for any chance in snow traction. I do need some winter wheels though, will probably get some little 17s for that

I'll probably end up selling them.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
sdbarker

Make sure that they don't damage them while doing the PC, and that it's not some kind of botched job that's going to flake in a couple of months.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:02 PM
Entaille

I'll be asking where they are getting the work done, and I'll be going to that shop to ask them about their process and to check out examples of their work.

I only know of a couple of local powdercoating shops and they have been in the biz for a long time.
Old 07-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Z Sport

Glad to hear a little pressure from you lead to an agreed fix. I had my wheels powder coated both with the color and with a clear coat and am very happy with how they are holding up and look - VIP Powder Coating in Vancouver.

Quick Reply: car detailed, went overboard with tire dress up.. stained finish on wheels?