Notices
North West Washington, Montana, Oregon, Idaho, Wyoming

mukilteo mcdonalds :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 03:52 PM
tw8715

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default mukilteo mcdonalds :(

big *** pothole in their parking lot! becareful!

i scraped my rim fml

they say they wont take any responsability... i wonder if the city would?

my friend scraped his rim in downtown seattle and the city took care of him.
i wonder if it would work the same way even if it was in a mcdonalds parking lot?
Old 04-26-2011, 04:09 PM
gixxert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

how can they not take responsibility its their parking lot they have to maintain it
Old 04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
robbycolli

You guys and your "it's their fault" attitude. This is one of the big problems with society. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You drove your own car into a pothole and want someone else to pay, but even worse gixxert can't believe the restauant could possibly not be responsibile. Wow.
Old 04-26-2011, 05:31 PM
limpnut

That hole is getting pretty big. I would recommend not driving into it again. The holes along the street out front are deeper than your car if you feel the need to take the z mud bogging.

1) The city isn't responsible for private lots
2) McDonalds is not within city limits anyways.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:02 PM
aznguy370z

Some times you can't avoid a pothole, such as at night when you can't see it, making a tight turn, or the cars infront hide the pothole, when waiting at the drive thru. This isn't the same as spilling hot coffee and suing because its hot. I live in mukilteo thanks for the warning.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by robbycolli
You guys and your "it's their fault" attitude. This is one of the big problems with society. Take some responsibility for your own actions. You drove your own car into a pothole and want someone else to pay, but even worse gixxert can't believe the restauant could possibly not be responsibile. Wow.
while I would suck it up and pay the repair and be bitter, it is a shared fault scenario. a business as busy as mcdonalds should be maintaining their lot and keeping it clear of things like potholes. if one person messed up a wheel on it, how many damaged cars are acceptable? that place gets a *lot* of business.

surely you have some sympathy. if this happened to you - you'd be in the same boat. you'd have a messed up, rare, expensive wheel that is hard to repair properly, or even harder to find a replacement.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

ps - sorry dude, that blows. I hope it's just a minor cosmetic flaw, which still sucks.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
Flee0588

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Entaille
while I would suck it up and pay the repair and be bitter, it is a shared fault scenario. a business as busy as mcdonalds should be maintaining their lot and keeping it clear of things like potholes. if one person messed up a wheel on it, how many damaged cars are acceptable? that place gets a *lot* of business.

surely you have some sympathy. if this happened to you - you'd be in the same boat. you'd have a messed up, rare, expensive wheel that is hard to repair properly, or even harder to find a replacement.
actually its a private lot, you dont have to use their business if you dont want to. no one forced him to drive through the pothole. why should McDonalds be responsible for an avoidable mistake on the part of the driver?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM
ndilo21

Originally Posted by Flee0588
actually its a private lot, you dont have to use their business if you dont want to. no one forced him to drive through the pothole. why should McDonalds be responsible for an avoidable mistake on the part of the driver?
Because as a business offering a service they are legally obligated to maintain their premises and make sure it doesn't damage your property.

This is the equivalent of saying McDonalds is not responsible if you slip and fall on a wet floor inside the restaurant...but they are.

You could sue and would probably recover some money, but it wouldn't be worth the time or lawyer's fees.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:30 PM
lgear080

you're all so wrong. i've successfully filed legit complaints and gotten paid
in similar situations. call the owner of the unit and tell him what happened.

your life of business is worth more than $150 to repair the rim.

get a quote to fix and find out whom can sort you out. duhhhhhhhhhh
Old 04-26-2011, 08:48 PM
ndilo21

Originally Posted by lgear080
you're all so wrong. i've successfully filed legit complaints and gotten paid
in similar situations. call the owner of the unit and tell him what happened.

your life of business is worth more than $150 to repair the rim.

get a quote to fix and find out whom can sort you out. duhhhhhhhhhh
Not really sure how I was wrong... I agree it's worth a try, but if the owner says you're SOL then the $150 really isn't worth your time or effort. I highly doubt a complaint about a parking lot pothole jeopardizes the "life of business," but good luck.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:16 PM
wasuber

Small claims limit is 5k in Washington I'm lovin it! Sounds like new rims to me.
Old 04-26-2011, 09:39 PM
HaulinZ

this^

I was forced to continue on down a road in redmond a few months back in my Q45 and on this road a huge paint spill had just happened (yup still wet) ... white paint all up and down the side of my Q45... black Q45... i took pictures of the spill, i took pictures of my car, i took pictures everything and took my car in and got an estimate of 480 some odd dollars to get it fixed. luckily i work at a dealer with a body shop. because the city of redmond told me to eff off in a nice way. in the end i paid 200 bucks at my dealers detail shop to get everything repaired. the time and battle just isnt worth it IMO
Old 04-26-2011, 09:40 PM
HaulinZ

if you would like to see the spill some of it is still there on redmond ridge.. it was NOT small... and the city claims they have no record of a spill
Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 PM
Czarrr

Originally Posted by ndilo21
Because as a business offering a service they are legally obligated to maintain their premises and make sure it doesn't damage your property.

This is the equivalent of saying McDonalds is not responsible if you slip and fall on a wet floor inside the restaurant...but they are.You could sue and would probably recover some money, but it wouldn't be worth the time or lawyer's fees.
This is true. As long as you're in their parking lot and property, the business is responsible.

I saw this lady bust her *** in a Costco parking lot in Silverdale because she stubbed her shoe on a raised cement area. Pretty much a small curb of some sort. And some employees came running out with waivers in a heart beat.

Originally Posted by HaulinZ
if you would like to see the spill some of it is still there on redmond ridge.. it was NOT small... and the city claims they have no record of a spill
That's so sketch. There was a spill just like that in Silverdale, where I live, on a hill leading to my house. It was a huge *** splatter on the ground, the same color blue from disabled parking. Thank god it was dry.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:41 AM
robbycolli

This is the equivalent of saying McDonalds is not responsible if you slip and fall on a wet floor inside the restaurant...but they are.

You could sue and would probably recover some money, but it wouldn't be worth the time or lawyer's fees.
You are correct in stating that this is the equivalent of a slip and fall. My point is that if you are the type of person that lives your life one slip and fall to the next, I blame you and our falling society for one another. Because you CAN sue over something does not make it right.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:44 AM
robbycolli

Originally Posted by HaulinZ
this^

I was forced to continue on down a road in redmond a few months back in my Q45 and on this road a huge paint spill had just happened (yup still wet) ... white paint all up and down the side of my Q45... black Q45... i took pictures of the spill, i took pictures of my car, i took pictures everything and took my car in and got an estimate of 480 some odd dollars to get it fixed. luckily i work at a dealer with a body shop. because the city of redmond told me to eff off in a nice way. in the end i paid 200 bucks at my dealers detail shop to get everything repaired. the time and battle just isnt worth it IMO
I'm sorry for your loss. That sucks. This area seems a bit more gray to ME since it arrises from a government action and you likely help pay for that government action. You cannot as easily avoid the government's roads as you could the private restaurant, although you could just keep the car at your house....

Last edited by robbycolli; 04-27-2011 at 04:49 AM.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:54 AM
tw8715

i guess i should have droven more carfully.

but its pretty darn hard to see the pothole.

the manager of the store said they already patched it up twice!!!

but it dosnt hold up.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM
ndilo21

You are correct in stating that this is the equivalent of a slip and fall. My point is that if you are the type of person that lives your life one slip and fall to the next, I blame you and our falling society for one another. Because you CAN sue over something does not make it right.
I somewhat agree with this; I don't like the way our society sues at the drop of a hat, but at the same time it's pretty apparent that this pot hole has been there for a while and I'm sure it has damaged more than one persons car. McDonalds has premises liability and at least constructive notice, the pothole wouldn't take much effort to fix and it should be done.
Old 04-27-2011, 09:22 AM
robbycolli

I somewhat agree with this; I don't like the way our society sues at the drop of a hat, but at the same time it's pretty apparent that this pot hole has been there for a while and I'm sure it has damaged more than one persons car. McDonalds has premises liability and at least constructive notice, the pothole wouldn't take much effort to fix and it should be done.
In what field do you practice law?