Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Pre-TI Meet SF Run 09/18/05 (Sunday)

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 05:24 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should have time to make it to Z car garage if you want.

I am probably going to find a coffee shop and sit down for a bit and wake up.

Chris
Old 09-11-2005, 06:07 PM
Z_Driver
Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figure if I'm going to do it; I want to get the full effect. Plus, I know a few people from ZONC in SJ and will probably meet up with them there.

Coffee ...... Breakfast of champions. I'll have to have three cups just to get in my car at 5am. I think my wife is going to sleep in the car until 7 or 8am. LOL !!!!
Old 09-12-2005, 02:06 PM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

1) HyperSprite
2) Whatever (tentative)
3) 4myZ350
4) corsair
5) Moodie (tentative.....inlaws in town)
6) yeperra
7) 4everZ
8) mecinoid
9) vodkarocket
10) 2004z (tentative - and for the Lombard St. pic only)
Old 09-13-2005, 12:08 AM
4myZ350

Chris, fix this bridge **** for them please.

"O" god maybe we will not be able to set up the parking for them at 6 AM. I'll stop, your right Chris, there is nothing to fret over. OK I feel better now, thank for slapping me.

Old 09-13-2005, 06:16 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by 4myZ350
Chris, fix this bridge **** for them please.
"O" god maybe we will not be able to set up the parking for them at 6 AM. I'll stop, your right Chris, there is nothing to fret over. OK I feel better now, thank for slapping me.
Hold on there Jack, lets not start a panic. The memo here http://www.dot.ca.gov/dist4/safer/do...ds_augsept.pdf
refers to work being performed on three weekends
• September 16-19, 2005
• September 23-26 , 2005
• September 30 -October 3, 2005

The last time I checked the 18th of October is not in the end of September or first weekend in October. To clarify, None of the dates in the memo have anything to do with us. The portion of the memo says "On the third weekend" refers to September 30 - October 3, 2005.

Everything is still a go!

Chris
Old 09-14-2005, 09:32 AM
xero

I want to go on the morning run. Any south bay people for the early run want to caravan up? I live off of 87 on communications hill so if anyone wants to meet in the albretsons right there off the freeway on capitol super early and run up to the meeting point lemme know.
Old 09-14-2005, 10:22 AM
2004z
Sleeps in 350Z

Just a warning... SFPD is notorious for giving out "no front plate" tickets. If I go, I'm gonna zip-tie my front plate on for the run.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:08 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by xero
I want to go on the morning run. Any south bay people for the early run want to caravan up? I live off of 87 on communications hill so if anyone wants to meet in the albretsons right there off the freeway on capitol super early and run up to the meeting point lemme know.
xero, if you want, I am getting off 85 and meeting 4everZ at 5:13am at the De Anza Gas N Wash on the corner of S De Anza and Kentwood and will be leaving there at 5:15. I don't plan on being there more than five minutes and probably wont even shut the car off because I am trying to squeeze in as much sleep as I can. We can stand around for and BS all day at TI

Show up with a full tank, I don't know if the Gas N Wash will even be open, it was just the closest thing to the freeway on ramp.

Chris
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Originally Posted by HyperSprite
xero, if you want, I am getting off 85 and meeting 4everZ at 5:13am at the De Anza Gas N Wash on the corner of S De Anza and Kentwood and will be leaving there at 5:15. I don't plan on being there more than five minutes and probably wont even shut the car off because I am trying to squeeze in as much sleep as I can. We can stand around for and BS all day at TI

Show up with a full tank, I don't know if the Gas N Wash will even be open, it was just the closest thing to the freeway on ramp.

Chris
Chris, I may join you as well. I am in Santa Clara between Agnew and Montague.

Please let me know the itinery for the Pre-TI meet.

Thanks,
Moodie
Old 09-14-2005, 01:31 PM
Yellow Stealth

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

At which point will you guys head down to RR? I wouldn't mind driving down with you. I just can't get up that early to do the entire SF run with you.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:04 AM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

The run will end back at TI, that is were Jack will need to be to get stuff going at that end. It's a half hour drive to RR and that starts at 11:30 so we could leave TI at 11:00 and be to RR in plenty of time.

The problem there is a wait between when we finish the run and when we head down, probably at most 2 hours, but probably less. I thought getting coffee about then might be a good idea since I will need a jolt to keep going.

There looks to be about 100 Starbucks in the area but I don't know which one has parking Yellow Stealth you got any suggestions?.

So for a list of times:

5:15 leaving the De Anza Gas N Wash for those that are meeting there.
6:15 arrive at TI just inside the gate.
6:30 Start Tour
7:00-ish Lombard St. pic
: Timing on the rest of this run will depend on how long we want to take pictures and traffic.
9:30 approximate finish time back at TI
: Get COFFEE! (and help Jack if he needs it I suppose)
11:00 head down to RR

Last edited by whatever; 09-15-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-15-2005, 10:21 AM
RNL323
Mod My Ride

There looks to be about 100 Starbucks in the area but I don't know which one has parking Yellow Stealth you got any suggestions?.

I'm still debating on hooking up with all of you on this run.... Like to help you guys out though for a spot to chill.

You're right, there are about 100 Starbucks loactions in the city but there's only 1 with a parking lot and its actually on your way back to TI. Although, it is not a huge lot, there should be street parking that early in the morning.

On your way back to TI, take the 4th and Bryant exit.
When you exit make an immediate right, which is 4th street.
You will see a building on the left that is under contruction... on the next corner, 4th and Brannan, you will see a Starbucks connected to a Wells Fargo.

However, if you want some breakfast, make a left on Brannan and 2 blocks down there is a place called The Brickhouse that will be on the left.

To get back on your way to TI...
Continue West on Brannan
Left on 3rd
Right on Bryant then follow the signs. You can take the Carpool ramp to avoid traffic.

Hope this helps and hope I can wake up to catch up with you guys at one of the locations...
Old 09-15-2005, 11:25 AM
Yellow Stealth

I am not a Starbucks expert, but when I looked them up online, I was also going to suggest the one on 4th and Brannan since it does have some parking (and street parking there on a Sunday may also be possible).

If this URL displays correctly, it is starbucks #6 on the map.

Starbuck 4th and Brannan

Maybe someone who is sure to be on this run can PM me their cell number (I'll give you mine in return) so I can call before 11am, find out where you are, and meet you there (don't worry, I would not expect you to wait for me in case I am late).
Old 09-15-2005, 12:19 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Thanks guys, I will add those directions to the run booklet for those that want to go.

Yellow, I PMed you my mobile.

We will be using TI as the meet point to go down to RR so anyone who wants to meet us there is welcome to show up around 10:30/10:45. Even if some go to get coffee, we will still go back to TI before heading down. Hey, it's fun and free from that side to drive on the bridge, why not

Chris
Old 09-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Yellow Stealth

Very cool. PM'ed you back with mine. Will see you either at Coffee break or TI.
Old 09-15-2005, 02:10 PM
4myZ350

9:30 approximate finish time back at TI
: Get COFFEE! (and help Jack if he needs it I suppose)
11:00 head down to RR
Chris, I'll be at the big lot straight in the gate, putting up the yellow tape to protect the parking spots for the 102+ Z-350's & other cars

come get me .

Last edited by 4myZ350; 09-15-2005 at 02:13 PM.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:12 AM
inspector_yoo

Count me in. I will be bringing a guest because we're obsessed over cars. I drive an '05 g35 coupe. It's bone stock besides my personal plates and portable navigation system.

3 questions that I hope you guys can answer:

1. Can I get one of your guys mobile number (just in case I get lost). I usually never drive in the city (personal reasons) but I will put it aside for this event, but I fear I will get lost because I don't know how you guys drive, and there always those special red lights that make me stop.
2. For the San Jose people, are you going to be passing by Millbrae? If you guys can stop by Millbrae and I'll head out with you guys. I know its a little out of the way.
3. What time will the lunch at R.R. be over because I have to leave around 1:25 at the latest from that area.

Thanks guys. Since I can't get to T.I. after (cause I have to leave at 1:25), at least I can go there before the meet. Haha.
Old 09-16-2005, 12:11 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Originally Posted by inspector_yoo

3 questions that I hope you guys can answer:

1. Can I get one of your guys mobile number ...
PM sent, also I will give my mobile number out at TI for those that go on the run.

2. For the San Jose people, are you going to be passing by Millbrae? If you guys can stop by Millbrae and I'll head out with you guys. I know its a little out of the way....
I am afraid I did not plan time for any stops, really want to wake up as late as possible. Maybe someone starting out higher up the peninsula would be in a better positing to caravan. (who is higher up the peninsula?)

3. What time will the lunch at R.R. be over because I have to leave around 1:25 at the latest from that area.
I don't have the answer to this one.

Chris
Old 09-16-2005, 02:25 PM
4myZ350

Originally Posted by 4myZ350
Chris, I'll be at the big lot straight in the gate, putting up the yellow tape to protect the parking spots for the 115+ Z-350's & other cars

come get me .

Old 09-16-2005, 06:48 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

"come get me"
Don't worry 4myz350, I'm on it.

I am done printing maps. Kinkos goofed and printed them in color, oops, I got them for the B/W price!!! After stapeling and folding, they are ready to go.

Chris
===============================================

1) HyperSprite
2) Whatever (tentative)
3) 4myZ350
4) corsair
5) Moodie (tentative.....inlaws in town)
6) yeperra
7) 4everZ
8) mecinoid
9) vodkarocket
10) 2004z (tentative - and for the Lombard St. pic only)
11) inspector_yoo

Quick Reply: Pre-TI Meet SF Run 09/18/05 (Sunday)