Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Got DINGs?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:20 PM
D87

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, thanks for doing all the legwork Stealth! I'm assuming that people read the part of thread about the pre-pay so let's see what Ed can do for us if we all pre-pay so no one will drop out. Thanks again!
Old 03-01-2006, 01:07 PM
Impactpeople

Originally Posted by Yellow Stealth
OK, so I met Ed Van Dine this morning and he fixed my 2 door dings and one small dent on my hood.

I was impressed both with his customer service skills (really nice guy) and the quality of his work. He had all the professional tools, took his time and did great work.

I talked to him about possibly organizing a dent day and he is game, especially since he is seriously considering buying a Z, so he might soon be one of us . He thought it might be nice to have it on a weekend day at the Daland Nissan dealership in Millbrae, and Daland already said they would be cool with that. Do I hear mini gathering?

As far as the price goes, he cannot quite match the $25/dent that Chris had given us before, but he actually talked to Chris this morning (they know each other) and even Chris said he cannot continue offering such low prices on dent days. I also recommend we get more that 10 people signed up since by the time we pick a date, it is innevitable that some people won't be able to make it.

I am forwarding this thread to Ed so he can post the pricing he has in mind and we can go from there. He won't be posting until tonight at the earliest as he works all day so be patient and please welcome him as a potential future member of our community.
I'm glad Stealth that you had the experience I had when my 350 was getting fixed. Thats why I had to post this and tell other fellow Z owners. I Believe Ed hands down has the best customer service than any business out there.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:31 PM
KYS1219

i just wondering where is it at, cuz i live in sf.
so i think i will sign up if it ain't that far.
thanks
Old 03-02-2006, 06:57 AM
D87

Originally Posted by KYS1219
i just wondering where is it at, cuz i live in sf.
so i think i will sign up if it ain't that far.
thanks
If you're talking about Daland Nissan it's not that far from SF. If you can get to Tanforan Shopping Center you can get to Daland Nissan (it's just a little further on El Camino).

Kinda funny because I originally bought my 93 SE-R at Daland, 10 years later when I got my G35 I went back to Daland to see if they wanted to buy my SE-R and the guy that sold it to me was still there and remembered my old car!
Old 03-02-2006, 08:27 AM
KYS1219

Originally Posted by D87
If you're talking about Daland Nissan it's not that far from SF. If you can get to Tanforan Shopping Center you can get to Daland Nissan (it's just a little further on El Camino).

Kinda funny because I originally bought my 93 SE-R at Daland, 10 years later when I got my G35 I went back to Daland to see if they wanted to buy my SE-R and the guy that sold it to me was still there and remembered my old car!
thanks
i'll be there

1) D87
2) accordfreak
3) HyperSprite (will prepay if needed)
4) jinsei888
5) KYS1219
Old 03-02-2006, 07:58 PM
diablo dents

Well just for the record on the last dent day I wasn't pissed that it was a dud. I'm sorry for anyone that drove from far away, and we had already packed it up. I tried to make myself clear that if everybody was done it wouldn't be fair to have me standing around for hours waiting for people to show or not show. I made every effort to accommodate club members to the best of my ability. Time with my family is very important to me and weekends are family time, so that is the reason for not wanting to stand around with nothing to do. I've always enjoyed doing the dent days for you guys. So no hard feelings here. Now as far as that HACK Ed Vandine, I wouldn't let him touch even a match box car Just kidding Eddy and I go back many years together and you're in good hands. If this things gets to big and Ed needs some help let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:34 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

so how much you're going to charge per dent now? also, location, date, time?
Old 03-03-2006, 06:44 AM
D87

Originally Posted by diablo dents
Well just for the record on the last dent day I wasn't pissed that it was a dud. I'm sorry for anyone that drove from far away, and we had already packed it up. I tried to make myself clear that if everybody was done it wouldn't be fair to have me standing around for hours waiting for people to show or not show. I made every effort to accommodate club members to the best of my ability. Time with my family is very important to me and weekends are family time, so that is the reason for not wanting to stand around with nothing to do. I've always enjoyed doing the dent days for you guys. So no hard feelings here. Now as far as that HACK Ed Vandine, I wouldn't let him touch even a match box car Just kidding Eddy and I go back many years together and you're in good hands. If this things gets to big and Ed needs some help let me know. I'll be happy to help out.
No biggie. I think the main thing was that there wasn't a stated time on how long you guys were going to be there, and I showed up at what I thought was a reasonable time (11:00am) and Yellow Stealth showed up at 10:00am but I guess you guys were already done. But I totally understand about just standing around not knowing if anyone else was going to show - no point to it.

That said, I'm hoping that this time we can do a prepaid thing and setup a time frame so both sides are clear and covered. I'll let Ed chime in on how many people is a minimum requirement, cost, date, and time. I'm assuming Daland Nissan is still cool with us showing up there?

More details to come.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Quality Dent

Hi Guys, Sorry it took so long for me to post on your site. I am very excited to meet all of you soon.
Just to give you a little back ground, I have been a PDR (Paintless Dent Repair) Tech for a little over 10 yrs. now. All though our industry has grown tremendously in the past several years there are still very few technicians in the bay area that are able to deliver on the Quality & Service that you all must want for your beautiful cars.
Unfortunately, I can not match Chrissy's $25 Dent day. I am willing to offer you a very substantial discount from my retail pricing template. My standard pricing is as follows:
(A) 1" Dent = 100
(B) 2" Dent = 130
(C) 3" Dent = 160
(D) 4" Dent = 190

The first largest dent is full Price and any additional Dents are 50% Off.

For your "Dent Day" at Daland Nissan in Millbrae I can fix your (A) size dents for $50 each. For larger dents ("B","C","D") I am very flexible with my pricing but really need to see the damage first.
Let me know what you think and what date you would like to meet and I will talk to the owner of Daland Nissan (John) and make arrangements.

Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to being a 350Z owner in the very near future if all goes well.

Last edited by Quality Dent; 03-03-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:40 PM
indierock

i have 3 small dents on my passenger side door that i would like to fix. let me know the time and location and i'll be there.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:06 PM
Quality Dent

Indierock, I will let all of you figure out what weekend date works best for the group. If you would like service right away please feel free to contact me direct at (650) 222-5582. Thx, Ed
Old 03-03-2006, 05:17 PM
indierock

Originally Posted by Quality Dent
Indierock, I will let all of you figure out what weekend date works best for the group. If you would like service right away please feel free to contact me direct at (650) 222-5582. Thx, Ed
cool will do. I probably need til the end of the month to get this done but i'll keep you posted.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:22 PM
HyperSprite
Mad Scientist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1) D87
2) accordfreak
3)
4) jinsei888
5) KYS1219
Old 03-03-2006, 06:01 PM
KYS1219

i thought it would be around $30-40 per dent. but is okay. i'll pass

1) D87
2) accordfreak
3)
4) jinsei888
5)
Old 03-03-2006, 07:40 PM
diablo dents

I had a few P.M's asking how Ed and I know each other. He and I have worked together years ago and he's always looking how to provide the best for customers. He is very much a top notch guy who always does 110%. I have always respected him for his work ethic and drive. So you're lucky if you can book him. Remember you can find cheaper, but it just won't be the same.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

yike..$100. I'll pass.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Yellow Stealth

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Chris (Diablo Dents), we appreciate your professionalism. None of us have any issue with you.

At the first dent day I went to, you did excellent work on my car. The second time, I was one of the guys who did not make it until 10am, after you had left, and I totally understand you could not just sit around considering the unfortunate low turnout.

I think there are enough of us in the bay area needing dent work that we can definitely use both you (Diablo Dents) and Ed (Quality Dents). For us SF and peninsula people, driving all the way to Pleasanton early on a weekend day is not easy, just like it won't be all that convenient for East Bay folks to come up to Millbrae for this dent day.

I know from personal experience that you both do great work. Ed had nothing but good things to say about you. It is nice to see the respect you have for each other.

Last edited by Yellow Stealth; 03-03-2006 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:35 PM
Yellow Stealth

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That being said, please copy the info below each time you had your name to the list:

Dent person: Quality Dent Repair, Ed Van Dine, 650-222-5582

Location: Daland Nissan dealership > Click here for directions

Date: TBD

Pricing: dents up to 1" in size: $50 each (larger dents priced upon inspection)

Current list:
1) D87
2) accordfreak
3) Yellow Stealth (2 dents)
4) jinsei888
5)
Old 03-05-2006, 10:10 PM
Bubble
-REPLICA ARMY-

https://my350z.com/forum/northern-california/175828-dentday-at-gruppes.html

another alternative.