Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Any decent $$ dynojet in Santa Clara

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006 | 12:12 PM
nateg35

Default Any decent $$ dynojet in Santa Clara

Does any one know dyno shop in San Clara area that would charge decent $$. I've been going to DSR in San Jose but they would charge $125 for 3 dyno runs & A/F reading...I think this is kind of expensive...thanks in advance
Old 04-18-2006 | 02:57 PM
barthelb
Master
Premier Member

Contact Rob@Zcargarage. He has the newest Dynojet i believe and may be able to offer a better price.
Old 04-22-2006 | 05:22 AM
AZNNBLK

have u checked out scott performance? i m not sure how much he charges (ted).. but heard he is pretty reasonable
Old 04-22-2006 | 08:48 PM
ZON

Originally Posted by AZNNBLK
have u checked out scott performance? i m not sure how much he charges (ted).. but heard he is pretty reasonable

The dyno at SP is not a dyno jet. It is a Dastek load based dyno. You can expect to get very reasonably accurate/actual readings from this dyno. From what I have studied by reading on these forums here and elsewhere is that dyno jet's dyno's tend to be a little inflated with whp #'s. But that would not concern me. To me dyno's like the dyno jet are best utilized for measuring & comparing differences in outputs after engine/bolt on mods are performed. Load based dyno's such as the Dastek and other load dyno's are of course good for that but are also better suited and designed for tuning while on the dyno. But I hear that shops with non load based dyno's also tune on those. I guess it all comes down to results when talking about tuning. I mean if you think you are getting good results by using either type then what the heck, it's all good.
Mine was tuned on the equipement at SP by Ted. It runs like a beast. Ever since then I have always wanted to see what #'s I could pull on a dyno jet, the one I base lined on a few years ago, just for my own curiosity. Just never have the time to get it done so far.
Old 04-24-2006 | 08:10 AM
barthelb
Master
Premier Member

Take your car to Zcar, their dynojet which is one of the latest (I believe) is a load based dyno. This dynojet is typically not as inflated as some of the other dyno's around the bay that ive been on. So when i say i have 460whp i can go dyno anywhere around and pull usually that number.

You'd be surprised by how much power you actually put down.