Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

* 02/24/07 Sandford G/Z meet *

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 09:46 AM
jvega

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I joined the group at Alice's. As soon as we started heading towards the beach, we saw the accident and the white Z pulled over on the side. Soon after that, we all pulled into a parking lot and told about the roadblock ahead. I and other like 8 G's and Z's turned around and went back to Alice's and just went home.

No ticket here.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 AM
2006350zcali

Default Front number plate

Just wondering if any of you got a ticket or citation for not having a front license plate?
Old 02-26-2007, 11:32 AM
rgtopz

Originally Posted by 2006350zcali
Just wondering if any of you got a ticket or citation for not having a front license plate?
I know of at least 3 Z's got fix it tickets for registration, front plates, tinted windows, wrong insurance card. At least 7+ G35's also pulled over for the same Bull****. 3 of us ditched on a side road which lead to a fender bender on a dead end road.

Last edited by rgtopz; 02-26-2007 at 04:50 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by Nitrouz
sorry to hear guys.

I don't see any of your meet/drive info threads as stickies. So PM me the links and I'll delete the info for you.
I just want to clear out any info regarding the meets like the locations, times ect...like the first post of this thread. I was unable to edit it for last few days.

Thanks.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:46 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by Sleepy-z
Here is an idea, use PM'ing for all drives from now on and invite those you guys know. Tell those people to PM only those they know about it, use major meets like treasure island meets to gather names online. I personally know who is in my area that shows regularly to meets I go to and usually PM or email them to roll with me......

Maybe make regional contacts...like south bay/north bay/east bay/sac...so on and they can PM people for drives.....

Ha, thats to much work but you get the idea.
The work I dont mind, but with G35s is that we have so many new member join at every meets, it will be tough to say "hey I dont know you, so I would not give you the meet info" . From now on, I will not post detailed drive info, since ppl rearly reading them anywys , I will just pass out the drive route at meet, the POPO wasnt really big issues for this meet, I know it suck big time for ppl who gotten the tickets, but we all know that we suppose have front plate and no tint, we all taking the chance of getting pull over every time we drive the car whether its at meet or just to get some coffee...Its different story if we got a speeding ticket or running the red lights because we were trying to catch up with other group.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:07 PM
acg

Just wanted to say that it was nice meeting some of the Z owners again and a few for the first time. Ravi you have a nice looking ride right there, unfortunately the cops thought so also...haha J/K.

Hopefully this will be a lesson learned and we can change the way we setup meets next time around.

Till next time.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Playboy's Z

yeah they wanted to give me tickets for not having plates, but after about 5 minutes of convincing them that my car was an 07 they just gave me tickets for no registration and tint
Old 02-26-2007, 03:17 PM
2006350zcali

Cant we just put it on top of dashboard, i really dont like to fix my front plate?
Old 02-26-2007, 04:53 PM
rgtopz

Anyone that got a fix it ticket how long do you have to fix the problem and show proof to law enforcement?? Like tint job or lic plate issue? What if you get pulled over again for the same violation within a week or so?? Do you have to pay twice, or is your citation good for so many days?

How does this work??
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 PM
Playboy's Z

so we have 30 days since saturday to get everything signed off by a police officer and paid to a court. this includes taking off tint and putting on licence plates. its going to be a 10 fix it ticket. ive done this before on my other car.
Old 02-26-2007, 06:24 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by 2006350zcali
Cant we just put it on top of dashboard, i really dont like to fix my front plate?
I keep mine between the seat and console and slipped it onto the dash when we got pulled over.

he said it had to be securely fasted to the vehicle, so that wont work

Edit: spelling errors

Last edited by Elohite; 02-26-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:02 PM
Playboy's Z

haha james thats smooth
Old 02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
rgtopz

In hind sight, now I wish we would have just got a $10.00-$20.00fix it ticket, but instead my friend and I got a $1000.00 fix it fender ticket each. I could use that money for Twin Turbo upgrades push the car's performance at least another 100 hp+.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM
Playboy's Z

what how why?
Old 02-26-2007, 07:59 PM
rgtopz

You did not hear about it. Several G35's witnessed it. My friend with the 350z accidently backed into my driver's side front fender during the run. We hit a dead end road trying to detour around the Police on the main road. We did not want "fix it tickets." I have to replace the fender and he has to take apart his bumper to repaint it. It's all mainly labor taking lots of parts off the car to paint. What an expensive day
Old 02-26-2007, 08:02 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yeah, the bit-- in the truck actually followed us on the back roads, three of us. We tried to turn around on a single 1/2 single road actually. Anyway a bump here and a bump there as the saying goes. That truck followed G35s/Zs every which way. Even when sitting at the store, she was on a side road looking down. We all spotted her and announced it on the radio. No phone service, but I'll just bet she had a radio in that truck.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by WSchli1672
Yeah, the bit-- in the truck actually followed us on the back roads, three of us. We tried to turn around on a single 1/2 single road actually. Anyway a bump here and a bump there as the saying goes. That truck followed G35s/Zs every which way. Even when sitting at the store, she was on a side road looking down. We all spotted her and announced it on the radio. No phone service, but I'll just bet she had a radio in that truck.
Was this woman following you guys?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:48 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by rgtopz
Anyone that got a fix it ticket how long do you have to fix the problem and show proof to law enforcement?? Like tint job or lic plate issue? What if you get pulled over again for the same violation within a week or so?? Do you have to pay twice, or is your citation good for so many days?

How does this work??
There should be an court date on the ticket, so you need to take care of it on or before it, usually you could just wait for the notice to come in the mail which it will tell you the "bail" amount and what you else you could do, if you dont receive it porior the court date? be sure to call the number on the ticket or you could access it on-line with your ticket number.

If they mark the violation is correctable? then you have a choice either fix-it and have it signed off for 10 bucks (I think) or pay the fine without fix-it like take the tint off, but if they marked "no" then you will be paying the full "bail" amount wether you "fix" it or not.

James need to provide evidence of current insurance and current reg. to the court clerk, should be no fine for those just need to make a trip to the court house.

You can continuously receiving the ticket for the same violations, there is no time limit or as how many tickets you could receive for the same infraction. I do think if you continuously getting tint ticket, it might increasing the fine or just simply ask you to take it off on the spot or tow your car.

Last edited by limeg35; 02-26-2007 at 08:55 PM.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:20 PM
jondimellow

Originally Posted by limeg35
Was this woman following you guys?

evn tho might of been her, all those cops organized really fast...
Old 02-26-2007, 10:56 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by limeg35
James need to provide evidence of current insurance and current reg. to the court clerk, should be no fine for those just need to make a trip to the court house.
I actually have no clue where my registration is, but thought I'd be ok considering I get the new stickers and paper in like 2 weeks. I didnt think I'd be getting a ticket so soon. I set a appointment at my local DMV on wednesday to try to get it sooner though.

On the insurance. I just got my new cards last week and had both the new and old ones in my wallet. I gave him the olds ones (d'oh) and when I saw the listed infraction that I showed him the newer current ones. He was a d!ck and wouldn't remove it, because I just basically did what the correction was, show a current insurance card to a officer.

I'm still thinking about what to do about the tint. I'll probably stop by the local stockton PD on wednesday after the DMV and ask them about keeping the tint fines.

Quick Reply: * 02/24/07 Sandford G/Z meet *