Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

* 02/24/07 Sandford G/Z meet *

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:22 AM
Sleepy-z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elohite
I actually have no clue where my registration is, but thought I'd be ok considering I get the new stickers and paper in like 2 weeks. I didnt think I'd be getting a ticket so soon. I set a appointment at my local DMV on wednesday to try to get it sooner though.

On the insurance. I just got my new cards last week and had both the new and old ones in my wallet. I gave him the olds ones (d'oh) and when I saw the listed infraction that I showed him the newer current ones. He was a d!ck and wouldn't remove it, because I just basically did what the correction was, show a current insurance card to a officer.

I'm still thinking about what to do about the tint. I'll probably stop by the local stockton PD on wednesday after the DMV and ask them about keeping the tint fines.
You can always find someone with the same color Z and no tint then swap liscense plates and find a cop to sign it off, kind of a lot of work but if you know someone near by that would do that I would. As far as I know you just pay a bigger fine if you dont remove the tint and you dont have to ever show them the car in that case.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Elohite

Originally Posted by Sleepy-z
You can always find someone with the same color Z and no tint then swap liscense plates and find a cop to sign it off, kind of a lot of work but if you know someone near by that would do that I would. As far as I know you just pay a bigger fine if you dont remove the tint and you dont have to ever show them the car in that case.
Thats a good idea.

Would the cop check the VIN though? I know last time they didn't, he just gave it a visual look, but ever have experience of them matching the VINs?
Old 02-27-2007, 03:08 PM
Chineseguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a good idea.

Would the cop check the VIN though? I know last time they didn't, he just gave it a visual look, but ever have experience of them matching the VINs?
you dont have any cop friends?
Old 02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by Chineseguy
you dont have any cop friends?
Nope, do you?
Old 02-27-2007, 06:23 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wink She be the one

Yeah shane,
That is the one, and the truck had a cracked winshield also. She was following the cars on the side streets and also parked on a side road when the cars were parked together on the roadside, as she was watching everybody.

Originally Posted by limeg35
Was this woman following you guys?

Old 02-27-2007, 06:50 PM
itburns

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
personally from experience, i try to stay away from ANY kind of car related gatherings in and near palo alto...that place is crazy in terms of cops pulling you over for violations such as tint, exhaust etc etc...

First of all, this thread sux w/o pics of your meet. Sounds like you had fun, sorry I missed it*. Secondly, if you aren't having a Ferarri or Bentley Meet in Palo Alto, don't meet there (Los Altos included). They are a bunch of elitist snobs and the cops will pick you out as they did. Keep the meets to San Jose and Oakland, where the cops have real worries.

*NOT
Old 02-27-2007, 07:38 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by itburns
First of all, this thread sux w/o pics of your meet. Sounds like you had fun, sorry I missed it*. Secondly, if you aren't having a Ferarri or Bentley Meet in Palo Alto, don't meet there (Los Altos included). They are a bunch of elitist snobs and the cops will pick you out as they did. Keep the meets to San Jose and Oakland, where the cops have real worries.

*NOT

Link to G35 thread full of pics

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141722
Old 02-28-2007, 02:01 PM
Elohite

Amazing good news.

I went to my local PD (Stockton) and just went there to get my Front plate ticket signed. I put it in a my350z.com frame and double sided taped it to the bumper, it looked drilled unless you really checked it out

Anyways, the clerk there saw my car, and then asked if I had my registration. I told her I lost it and my renewal date was in 2 weeks.

She then signed everything. The tint, front plate, and no registration, and said for the insureance I just have to make a copy of my card and send it in later.

I like police lady for once.
Old 02-28-2007, 06:37 PM
rgtopz

Thumbs down

Amazing good news.

I went to my local PD (Stockton) and just went there to get my Front plate ticket signed. I put it in a my350z.com frame and double sided taped it to the bumper, it looked drilled unless you really checked it out

Anyways, the clerk there saw my car, and then asked if I had my registration. I told her I lost it and my renewal date was in 2 weeks.

She then signed everything. The tint, front plate, and no registration, and said for the insureance I just have to make a copy of my card and send it in later.

I like police lady for once.

Man, you lucked out. I met you after you got your three citations at the little stop / parking lot in between both Police blockade.

There's alot of discussion on the G35driver.com. Didn't sound too good. They have an actual CHP officer on the G35driver.com forum that is posting discussions about ticketing issues. Pretty heated.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Elohite

Originally Posted by rgtopz
Man, you lucked out. I met you after you got your three citations at the little stop / parking lot in between both Police blockade.

There's alot of discussion on the G35driver.com. Didn't sound too good. They have an actual CHP officer on the G35driver.com forum that is posting discussions about ticketing issues. Pretty heated.
I got 4 citations

I heard about that CHP guy on G35.

Can you maybe pm me the thread link or his username so I can look that up?
Old 02-28-2007, 07:40 PM
rgtopz

Default Testing attachments Just a test

I'm trying to figure out how to post pictures on this forum. I want to post my big dent on my car from this run.

Testing , Testing.
Attached Thumbnails * 02/24/07 Sandford G/Z meet *-zx3.jpg  
Old 03-03-2007, 02:32 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dent? Dent?? What Dent???? :-)
Old 03-03-2007, 06:22 PM
Chineseguy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

next time have meets up here by Oakland/San Leandro.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:44 PM
jondimellow

there aren't many roads in the area compared to santa cruz/palo alto mtns
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM
limeg35

Originally Posted by jondimellow
there aren't many roads in the area compared to santa cruz/palo alto mtns
Hey Jon, James and anyone else, We going to have another mini-meet this Sat. wanna join us?

Please PM me for the info, not going to post it over public forum no more.