Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Help ... first ticket.

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2007, 10:54 AM
Cloud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help ... first ticket.

I was on the middle lane of stevens creek blvd at 1AM and decided to turn right onto deanza blvd(there were no cars behind me) when the light turned green out of nowhere i see a car behind me. Before the lights even flashed, I knew it was a cop.

Ok now I got a ticket for making that illegal turn. Any ways of fighting it? or go to court and pray that the cop does not show up. What's the easiest way to get out of this besides traffic school? I don't have a bunch of time on my hands. Which online traffic school works btw?

on a side note, the cop was a female(more likely to appear in court i guess ) and complemented my car but still gave me the ticket.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:59 AM
kwiker
Shift_Dorifto

You should have shot her and flipped off the camera in her car as you drifted around it....that would have been the right thing to do but since you failed to do that...

...i guess you can just go to court and hope she does not show or tell the judge there was nobody at the light except the officer behin you and you were kinda lost(assuming it was next to your house) and you decided to make a right from the center lane after you checked to see if anyone was there or coming up in that lane from behind you.
Old 01-31-2007, 11:06 AM
Cloud

and you decided to make a right from the center lane
would that be admitting my fault?
Old 01-31-2007, 11:32 AM
JCat
---------------

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

You can try and fight it. Tell the truth, with your clean record and honesty they might give you a break. There is really no way to know until you try.

My experience is that when you just show up, the "government" is more than likely to offer you a deal.

I got a ticket for running a red light once. (It was yellow I swear) I went to court and watched and listened to the judge just hammer the people before me. Folks were scared. When it was my turn, I tried humor. I said, "Please judge, my wife just left me and took all my money." Everone laughed and he reduced it and charged me $25.
Old 01-31-2007, 03:32 PM
Cloud

anyone know how to contest the ticket by mail and how it works?
Old 01-31-2007, 09:07 PM
archspeed

Don't contest it. You messed up man, fair and square, why are you fighting when it's completely your fault. You're supposed to make a right lane change, AND then make a right. You don't just blow one like that, there could be someone in your blind spot that would just T-Bone you *tsk tsk*

Show up in court and plead guilty. Almost always the ticket will be reduced to about 40% of what it is. If you can get traffic school, then take it also so that you can remove the point from your record, that way your insurance won't nail you in the head when the next renewal time comes.

Don't fight it. Unless you are totally in the win, don't even try it.

And there's a new law now: if you decide to fight it, and the officer doesn't show up. Guess what? They'll just reschedule you for another day, they're not going to let you off.

Trust me man, when you want to fight them, you're going to 99.99999% lose. And that's when you are RIGHT.

In your case you are wrong, so be a man, suck it up, pay your fine, and don't whine.

There'll be many more tickets to come
Old 01-31-2007, 09:08 PM
archspeed

By the way, I hope you are driving a 350Z?

Because seriously, if you have the money to drive a 350Z, you shouldn't really give a diddling **** about paying for the ticket, it's just chump change bro, think of it as maintenance fees
Old 01-31-2007, 10:37 PM
Endless Shock

Originally Posted by archspeed
Don't fight it. Unless you are totally in the win, don't even try it.

Trust me man, when you want to fight them, you're going to 99.99999% lose. And that's when you are RIGHT.
Tell me about it...

I got a speeding ticket last year... Second ever since I was 16 and Im 30 now...

I tried to fight it... All the CHP had to say was "from my expierence you were doing 95" - GAME OVER!!!

I got pulled over for doing 95 (or so the CHP claimed) - I barely broke 70 on an uphil...

Just go to court... Kindly (key word) ask the judge if (key word) he/she can lower the fine)... If not, pay the fine and be done with it... Im sure all of us have had their share of "braking the law" and not get caught...
Old 01-31-2007, 10:49 PM
John Bronze

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was told if you try to fight it and lose you cannot take traffic school.
Old 02-01-2007, 02:10 AM
archspeed

If you fight it and lose (which you WILL, 99.9999999999999%), then yes you lose traffic schoool and have to pay the ENTIRE original fine, without any reduction.