Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

WARNING: Do NOT go to Cal Tech Autobody in Milpitas

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2007, 10:47 AM
tommyjeans214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WARNING: Do NOT go to Cal Tech Autobody in Milpitas

do NOT go to Cal Tech auto body in Milpitas. They're behind the police station on Minnis Circle. (if youre in the N. Cali, Bay Area)

The owner Joe is a conniving thief and a pathological LIAR. Their craftsmanship and quality is comparable to a bunch of brain dead monkies running around in a cage and slamming head onto each other.

I took my Nismo kit to get painted and mounted. They said $400 and 3 business days. Sounds a bit high for just a lip, sides and very tiny rear pieces, but 3 days isnt bad. But knowing all bodyshops, i gave it about 5 days and i was right on the money.

Anyways when i got it, from a far, everything looked freaking great. but when youre right next to the car, both sides and rear pieces have blemishes from front to back. the blemishes are about quarter sizes. (imagine a home made cake with white frosting that your mom hasnt smooth over yet, has those blemishes all around, its EXACTLY like that). i'm too sad and ashamed to take pics of it right now but i probably will have to, to show you guys. at that point, i wasnt sure how i was feeling, i was raging mad, obviously deeply sad and i had to get back to the office. so i told him i needed to talk to him bout it later.

i called him from the office explaining the type of garbage his people produced and him actually signing off on it, he was defending it fiercely that it was the kit mfg's fault, not his. OF COURSE its their fault too, thats why i took it to him to fix it.

i told him that he was suppose to sand and prep the kit before painting and mounting. (i mean i shouldn't have told him how to do his job, his sole purpose in life is to fix cars, he owns a ****ing bodyshop for gawd sakes!)

Anyways, he tells me 'well the kit came like this, it wasn't even, it's not our fault. you didnt tell us to prep it first, just paint and mount' i'm like holy ****! at that point, i was speechless at how stupid these people really are. i'm glad they used screws to mount it and not Elmer's krazy glue since i didnt "tell him." There was paint drops

He tells me for another $150 he can prep it this time and repaint it but no guarantees. but i have to wait 2 weeks for the paint to cure before bringing it back in. which basically means 'we hope you just accept it and forget it in two weeks'. i was like HELLO i used to work for a bodykit mfger, we also used to paint kits. it takes 3-4 days MAYBE a week MAX to cure. what a mother****er!

anyways DO NOT TAKE YOUR CARS, YOUR FAMILY'S CARS, YOUR RELATIVE'S CARS TO THESE MOTHER****ERS. Spread the word!!!

here's their garbage shop
Cal Tech Auto Body Repair
95 Minnis Cir Ofc N
Milpitas, CA 95035

(408) 946-5651

You have been warned, STAY AWAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

here are the garbage pics (56k beware!)

http://www.tommyqh.com/z/z.html

normal pics of the car

http://www.tommyqh.com/myz/myz.html

Last edited by tommyjeans214; 06-09-2007 at 11:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:14 AM
VENOMSZ

BASSTARDS!
I'm sorry to hear about the poor quality man.
Report his **** to the BBB.
Old 06-09-2007, 11:27 AM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by VENOMSZ
BASSTARDS!
I'm sorry to hear about the poor quality man.
Report his **** to the BBB.
oh i am, but BBB doesnt do much. i can only hope to warn others.

i'm uploading pics right now, will have them up in a sec
Old 06-09-2007, 11:30 AM
SirSpeedyZ

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

man that sucks, i will never get a kit prepped and paint unless i have
A. seen their work and am impress
B. heard really good things from picky people

sorry to hear the trouble
Old 06-09-2007, 11:46 AM
tommyjeans214

here are the garbage pics (56k beware!)

http://www.tommyqh.com/z/z.html

normal pics of the car

http://www.tommyqh.com/myz/myz.html
Old 06-09-2007, 12:14 PM
Elohite

Looks good from afar and horrible upclose, like my sideskirts, haha.

But damn, thats a ****ty job for a bodyshop to give to a customer. I am local and isnt that place right near Auto Innovations? Anyways, goodluck resolving this.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:25 PM
JETPILOT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Was that a new body kit or used? That body kit looks like the fitment is as bad as it can get. Plus it looks like it was in a crash and fire on the previous owners vehicle before being installed on yours. What's up with the quality of the kit?

JET
Old 06-09-2007, 12:26 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

um, you paid for a 400 dollar paint and mount, you got exactly what you paid for. next time i bet you will do some research and find a better place that does a quality job. sucks that you had to learn the hard way, but at least you did learn.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:28 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by JETPILOT
Was that a new body kit or used? That body kit looks like the fitment is as bad as it can get. Plus it looks like it was in a crash and fire on the previous owners vehicle before being installed on yours. What's up with the quality of the kit?

JET
it was new from Extreme Dimension.

i ASSUMED the shop would do their job and PREP it, bondo, sand etc... before painting. and give me a proper quote before accepting the job.

instead they said "well you didnt tell us, to prep it first, otherwise it would have cost more" , Joe (owner) wants another 150 to prep it, sand and repaint.

i dont care about the cost, just let me first.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by Z04
um, you paid for a 400 dollar paint and mount, you got exactly what you paid for. next time i bet you will do some research and find a better place that does a quality job. sucks that you had to learn the hard way, but at least you did learn.
dude, it wasnt even about the money. if they said 'hey its going to cost 550 for prep' i would have said ok, but they said NOTHING until it was done.

i wasnt being shady and nickle and diming the shops.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:30 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by Elohite
Looks good from afar and horrible upclose, like my sideskirts, haha.

But damn, thats a ****ty job for a bodyshop to give to a customer. I am local and isnt that place right near Auto Innovations? Anyways, goodluck resolving this.
yep right there in that area
Old 06-09-2007, 12:34 PM
Z04

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tommyjeans214
dude, it wasnt even about the money. if they said 'hey its going to cost 550 for prep' i would have said ok, but they said NOTHING until it was done.

i wasnt being shady and nickle and diming the shops.

i wasn't saying that at all, don't get me wrong. what i was saying is that sometimes things sound a lot better than they really are, and sometimes when modding cars, especially with body work and that we learn lessons the hard way. i am sure you are nto the first person this has happend to, and won't be the last. i agreed the work is crap and they should be held accountable to fix it right.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:36 PM
JETPILOT

Extreme Dimensions = The worst body kit I have ever seen in my entire life.

Actually if you brought my body shop something like that I would have done the same thing. You actually wanted that installed on the car?

I would have turned you away and said I'm not touching that junk. You're right ...the body shop guy was an idiot for even allowing that body kit in the shop.

In addition his body guys are butchers. You're right about that. Get your self some authentic NISMO kit or at least a good replica from Shine. Even looking at the good pics the sh*t quality is evident.

JET
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
tommyjeans214

Extreme Dimensions = The worst body kit I have ever seen in my entire life.

Actually if you brought my body shop something like that I would have done the same thing. You actually wanted that installed on the car?

I would have turned you away and said I'm not touching that junk. You're right ...the body shop guy was an idiot for even allowing that body kit in the shop.

In addition his body guys are butchers. You're right about that. Get your self some authentic NISMO kit or at least a good replica from Shine. Even looking at the good pics the sh*t quality is evident.

JET
surprisingly the ED stuff is duraflex ,and fitment was good. they just didnt prep it, had the shop bondo and sand it would have been just fine. this isnt the white garbage they used to sell 2yrs ago. but the overall quality is about 7 out of 10, but if the shop used 10% of their brains and put some fillers in and sand, it would have been fine.

im going to take it another shop and have them fix it when i get some time.
Old 06-09-2007, 12:42 PM
diwun67

Why did you start 2 threads about this?
Old 06-09-2007, 12:48 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by diwun67
Why did you start 2 threads about this?
other one was for local N. Cali people.

just wanted to spread the word to save any other owners from getting their car butchered
Old 06-09-2007, 01:17 PM
TSG-Z

Wow, how do these people sleep at night!
Old 06-09-2007, 01:18 PM
JETPILOT

How is this good fitment? The rearis horrible and the gap on the side is way off also.

JET
Old 06-09-2007, 01:26 PM
tommyjeans214

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
Wow, how do these people sleep at night!
crooks and thieves sleep just fine because they have no conscience.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:28 PM
tommyjeans214

How is this good fitment? The rearis horrible and the gap on the side is way off also.

JET
if you seen what i've seen 2-4yrs ago from ALL aftermarket mfg, trust me, it was ALOT worst.

like i said it was 7 out of 10. they used to make parts that didnt even fit, i'm talking about 1-5in short or too long.

i have to get it all fixed.....

Quick Reply: WARNING: Do NOT go to Cal Tech Autobody in Milpitas