Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007, 05:24 PM
BornSlippyZ

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rgtopz
I just got tickets to join the NSXCA corral and parade lap. Three day weekend event $80.00. Should be cool.

Here are some pics from this year's IMSA Sebring 2007

http://www.imsaracing.net/2007/car%2...cura/index.htm
Cool it will be nice to see some NSX's at the Corral besides the Vettes. See you there!
EDIT: BTW I like picture 115, that NSX looks like the last one sold in the US.

Last edited by BornSlippyZ; 09-23-2007 at 05:27 PM.
Old 09-23-2007, 09:29 PM
rgtopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BTw:

If anyone happens to head down here Thursday afternoon / evening, I understand that the Track and Pit area will be open to the public for free to check out all of the IMSA race cars. Not open to drive on the track, just walking and viewing. They don't advertise this, but the locals get info in the mail.

Some Pics of my Red Honda and P.B. We are all going to Laguna 10/20th.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ebble%20Beach/

+95 others like it.

Last edited by rgtopz; 09-26-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:00 PM
BornSlippyZ

BTw:

If anyone happens to head down here Thursday afternoon / evening, I understand that the Track and Pit area will be open to the public for free to check out all of the IMSA race cars. Not open to drive on the track, just walking and viewing. They don't advertise this, but the locals get info in the mail.

Some Pics of my Red Honda and P.B. We are all going to Laguna 10/20th.
http://s72.photobucket.com/albums/i1...ebble%20Beach/

+95 others like it.
Sweet and Sexy..I love those cars...In two years I plan to invest in either a NSX or Supra..Hopefully I can still get a decent one for 30k to 33k.
I will be at the track on Friday Noonish...I wish I had more time to go on Thursday but I don't
Old 09-27-2007, 11:14 PM
rgtopz

Originally Posted by BornSlippyZ
Sweet and Sexy..I love those cars...In two years I plan to invest in either a NSX or Supra..Hopefully I can still get a decent one for 30k to 33k.
I will be at the track on Friday Noonish...I wish I had more time to go on Thursday but I don't
You can get a 91-93 good one for about 30-35K. It's funny that you mentioned that. On the NSX prime there is an actual thread in regards to "Previous Z owners" Pretty interesting. I recognized a few screen names from this forum on the Prime. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92091
Old 09-29-2007, 08:48 AM
BornSlippyZ

Weekend Bump!
Old 09-29-2007, 08:53 AM
BornSlippyZ

You can get a 91-93 good one for about 30-35K. It's funny that you mentioned that. On the NSX prime there is an actual thread in regards to "Previous Z owners" Pretty interesting. I recognized a few screen names from this forum on the Prime. http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92091
I hope I do not have to give up Z to obtain a NSX or Supra, but the Z will be paid off by time I am ready for the other toy. I guess I will have to wait and see if I could afford multiple sportscars.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 PM
BornSlippyZ

Weekend bump!
Old 10-07-2007, 09:00 PM
rgtopz

BornSlippyZ

I'll be down at NSX corral Friday and Saturday across from the Ferrari corral on Blue "Turn 5". Stop by and say hello. My NSX screen name is "emeraldtt" There are already 107 NSX registered and more on the waiting list.

Last edited by rgtopz; 10-11-2007 at 06:21 AM.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:17 PM
BornSlippyZ

BornSlippyZ

I'll be down at NSX corral Friday and Saturday across from the Ferrari corral on Blue "Turn 5". Stop by and say hello. My NSX screen name is "emeraldtt" There are already 107 NSX registered and more on the waiting list.
Cool I will look for you there, hopefully I can get an early start Friday and make there before Noon. That's a pretty good turn out of NSXs', and there will be a Ferrari corral! I have a feeling this race will have a damn good turnout. My wife just told me that also Land Rover was going to have an off-road exhibition there. Man I can't wait.
Old 10-12-2007, 10:23 AM
rgtopz

Cool I will look for you there, hopefully I can get an early start Friday and make there before Noon. That's a pretty good turn out of NSXs', and there will be a Ferrari corral! I have a feeling this race will have a damn good turnout. My wife just told me that also Land Rover was going to have an off-road exhibition there. Man I can't wait.
I believe it is part of the IMSA, so there will be lots of different import corral there mainly Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and other. The only Japanese imports are the Acura and Mazda group. Of course the usual Corvettes corral were invited.
There is going to be so much to do and see you will have a blast. Too bad no one else on this forum is going. The other guys are going to miss out.

I saw that one our current Z members (Yojack) is joining us in the NSX corral / hospitality tent. Potential buyer maybe?? That's great! There are going to be some nice cars for sale at this event.

Here is the link check it out:
http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cf...carcorrals.htm

Last edited by rgtopz; 10-12-2007 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-12-2007, 06:25 PM
BornSlippyZ

I believe it is part of the IMSA, so there will be lots of different import corral there mainly Porsche, BMW, Ferrari and other. The only Japanese imports are the Acura and Mazda group. Of course the usual Corvettes corral were invited.
There is going to be so much to do and see you will have a blast. Too bad no one else on this forum is going. The other guys are going to miss out.

I saw that one our current Z members (Yojack) is joining us in the NSX corral / hospitality tent. Potential buyer maybe?? That's great! There are going to be some nice cars for sale at this event.

Here is the link check it out:
http://www.imsaracing.net/imsaNS2.cf...carcorrals.htm
Sweet! I will definatly enjoy all of the NSXs' and other imports there.
Yeah I wish their was a better turnout...maybe I will get some help organizing an event so that we can have some Z represented.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:51 PM
BornSlippyZ

Ok...tomorrow I will be going to Laguna Seca...I am meeting up with ragtopz and the rest of the NSX gang in the infield area of the track...I will give a "report w/pictures" so next year (with some help) we can get some Z's in the corral too...

cheers
Old 10-18-2007, 11:00 PM
rgtopz

Ok...tomorrow I will be going to Laguna Seca...I am meeting up with ragtopz and the rest of the NSX gang in the infield area of the track...I will give a "report w/pictures" so next year (with some help) we can get some Z's in the corral too...

cheers
Laguna opens up at 8am, most of us will be there at 10-11:00am. For sure stop by. I already seen over 40 NSX in the neighborhood.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:29 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if anyone is still looking for ticket, I have one extra one for tomorrow. Just pay me whatever you think is reasonable. We can figure out a way to meet up. I'm in South bay.
I'm planning to get there around noon if you want to meet up at the track.
pm me.
Old 10-21-2007, 07:50 AM
Marc Mc

I love the LeMans series, but damn....could they spend at least some of the television time on classes other than the prototypes? Sure they are the fastest, but I bet we are missing out big time on some exciting match ups.
Old 10-21-2007, 06:49 PM
rgtopz

it was great
Warning: Lots of NSX. There I did not see any Nissan's at this event to take pics of. I did not check Gen. Adm. parking. Sorry.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1476606...th/1646583506/

Last edited by rgtopz; 10-22-2007 at 10:12 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 10:06 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

it was great
Warning: Lots of NSX. There wasn't any Nissan's at this event.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/1476606...th/1646583506/
Thanks for the pics, but you are wrong. We drove an 04' 1/2 350Z to the event. I have proof it was there.

Thanks Kurt!

SS
Old 10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
BornSlippyZ

Look I was the Lone Nissan!

Here are some pics!
Attached Thumbnails American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-z.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-nsx.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-beer.jpg  
Old 10-24-2007, 07:54 PM
BornSlippyZ

Here are some more eye candy photos

enjoy
Attached Thumbnails American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-audi.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-black-ferrari.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-corkscrew.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-porsche-alot.jpg   American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.-orange-porsche.jpg  

Old 10-24-2007, 08:01 PM
BornSlippyZ

Yep I had a great time at Laguna...Next year I would love to caravan with some Z's or other Nissans.

Not to Jock the NSX crew but they have their **** together! What I mean is they had there own corral, Hospitality tent complete with catered food, and their own grandstand! I was impressed.... Hell even the Corvette people did not have a spread like the NSX guys.
I would now like to ask if anyone would love to plan a trip for next year to go to this event. Feel free to PM me with Ideas.

Quick Reply: American Le Mans/Speed Touring Laguna-Seca.