Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:13 AM
Spider Monkey

Yea, never seen a forum get destroyed like that. lol

Wish the admin would have handed it over to one of us that gave a crap and wanted to fix it.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:22 AM
TheFarmer

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey

7 for the first, then every 2 after, for sure of it bros.
It's six, not seven:

http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...ns_Part_1.html

Just smogged our 05 Z and 05 Tacoma this year.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:32 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by TheFarmer
It's six, not seven:

http://www.bar.ca.gov/80_BARResource...ns_Part_1.html

Just smogged our 05 Z and 05 Tacoma this year.
Uh bro... Look at the 11th question. Confusion is confusing.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:34 AM
Fresherest

Question: I have a vehicle that is six model years old or newer. My DMV registration renewal notice says it must have a Smog Check, but I thought it was exempt from the biennial Smog Check requirement.

Answer: A gas-powered vehicle is excused from Smog Check until it is seven model years old. DMV computers are designed to recognize the exemption and process your renewal accordingly. Go back the DMV to resolve this problem. If you are unable to resolve the problem with DMV, the State Referee can help. Call the Referee Scheduling Center at 800-622-7733 and make an appointment at the nearest Referee facility. Note: A Smog Check certificate of compliance is required upon transfer of ownership for gas-powered vehicles that are older than four model years.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:36 AM
Fresherest

Old 05-13-2011 | 08:40 AM
TheFarmer

Question 9 says six. Smog check manual PDF also states six if you care to look that up.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:44 AM
Fresherest

its all confusing, thats how the DMV does it....
fck em, im not doin it til they tell me i have to...
if they dont send me a sticker, ill worry about it then.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:46 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Fresherest
Question: I have a vehicle that is six model years old or newer. My DMV registration renewal notice says it must have a Smog Check, but I thought it was exempt from the biennial Smog Check requirement.

Answer: A gas-powered vehicle is excused from Smog Check until it is seven model years old. DMV computers are designed to recognize the exemption and process your renewal accordingly. Go back the DMV to resolve this problem. If you are unable to resolve the problem with DMV, the State Referee can help. Call the Referee Scheduling Center at 800-622-7733 and make an appointment at the nearest Referee facility. Note: A Smog Check certificate of compliance is required upon transfer of ownership for gas-powered vehicles that are older than four model years.
Originally Posted by TheFarmer
Question 9 says six. Smog check manual PDF also states six if you care to look that up.
I'm not trying to argue with you bro. I just read what was quoted above. You may very well be right. All I know is I bought a new Jeep in 01 and didn't have to smog it until 2008 and then had to do it every two years after.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:51 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Fresherest
its all confusing, thats how the DMV does it....
fck em, im not doin it til they tell me i have to...
if they dont send me a sticker, ill worry about it then.
You know how you got your sticker this time with the registration? If it needed to be smogged and you didn't notice, and paid anyhow, you'd get a thing that looks like the registration but it says some shit like ***YO BRO YOU STILL GOTTA GET YO SHIT SMOGGED BRO AND THIS AIN'T VALID TILL YOU DO*** right across the top.

And then you have to go to DMV to get the stickers later which is total suck. My advice, when it says you're due, get it smogged THEN pay. The other way around is the bad.

I know this because I've done it the wrong way on accident for the last 2 smogs on Jeep. You think I'd learn... lol

Last edited by Spider Monkey; 05-13-2011 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-13-2011 | 08:59 AM
TheFarmer

I'm not trying to argue with you bro. I just read what was quoted above. You may very well be right. All I know is I bought a new Jeep in 01 and didn't have to smog it until 2008 and then had to do it every two years after.
It's all good. I've always had to do my vehicles at their sixth year. I wouldn't be surprised if the DMV messed up on something along the way.
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:13 AM
Fresherest

You know how you got your sticker this time with the registration? If it needed to be smogged and you didn't notice, and paid anyhow, you'd get a thing that looks like the registration but it says some shit like ***YO BRO YOU STILL GOTTA GET YO SHIT SMOGGED BRO AND THIS AIN'T VALID TILL YOU DO*** right across the top.

And then you have to go to DMV to get the stickers later which is total suck. My advice, when it says you're due, get it smogged THEN pay. The other way around is the bad.

I know this because I've done it the wrong way on accident for the last 2 smogs on Jeep. You think I'd learn... lol
yeah, i didnt get anything like that....stuff from the DMV is one of the only pieces of mail i open these days...the rest is all junk!
anyone else get a credit card application from Chase 5 days a week?
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:16 AM
Spider Monkey

Nope. Already have a Chase card. Thems my bank. lol Check deposit app on the smart phone FTW!
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:19 AM
JZ33

DMV doesnt know head from ***... just like everyone, i HATE having to go there or do anything that might entail dealing with them... Ive been lucky and gotten the one nice person there the last couple times is went though...
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:26 AM
Spider Monkey

Last month when I swapped my vanity plate over to the Z, I was harra lucky to get a nice one. They wanted the other plates off my Z immediately and gave me the tools to do so and everything right there in the parking lot. They could have easily told me to go home, take them off, come back and stand in line again. I've seen them do that before.
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:30 AM
Fresherest

i make appointments whenever i have to go there, and its fckn rad! cause you walk in and sit down and then when they call your number before everyone elses who has been there for 2 hours, those people get all bitter towards you...i love it!
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:39 AM
Spider Monkey

Every time I've tried to make an appointment the first open slot is 2 months out. WTF
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:44 AM
Flyinion

Every time I've tried to make an appointment the first open slot is 2 months out. WTF
Yeah you've gotta plan ahead now. If you can do it, it's so worth it though. Or go to an out of the way place. Last time I went, which was a few years ago though (2006), I went to the one in Woodland with no appointment and about a 15 minute wait. Of course Woodland has grown a bit so it might not be so easy anymore.
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:45 AM
Flyinion

Yea, never seen a forum get destroyed like that. lol

Wish the admin would have handed it over to one of us that gave a crap and wanted to fix it.
You check it out lately? Haha I get the following................

"Board will be back at some point"
Old 05-13-2011 | 09:48 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Flyinion
You check it out lately? Haha I get the following................

"Board will be back at some point"
lolz that's funny.
Old 05-13-2011 | 10:04 AM
Jermy

i go to either the dixon, folsom or rocklin DMV. they're always empty as hell

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners