Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011 | 09:49 PM
JZ33

haha better than most of the people i know with computer speaker subs i guess...
Old 05-18-2011 | 12:34 AM
Jermy

silly sac area guys, wake up! im all alonnnnne lol
Old 05-18-2011 | 06:51 AM
iNi_REALiZED

I'm up! Now what...?
Old 05-18-2011 | 06:56 AM
JZ33

im not sure, cuz i bet hes asleep now haha
Old 05-18-2011 | 07:10 AM
iNi_REALiZED

LoL.. Bamboozled!
Old 05-18-2011 | 07:59 AM
JZ33

ugh i have to finish sanding my hood before noon so i can clear it..
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:04 AM
Fresherest

ive got the day off work, i think today is gonna be an oil & spark plug changin type of day....
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:14 AM
iNi_REALiZED

I need to go shopping for a new tv and laptop. Anyone have any experience with alienware?
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:15 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
actually its perfect weather because its not too hot and the clear can cure on its own and not be rushed because as it hardens it shrinks and with the weather like this it wont shrink as much and will take much less to make it like glass after it dries...
Huh. I would have thought the humidity was counter productive. Clear must react differently than traditional indoor house paint. lol
Originally Posted by 5150_91
Heres my high-tech sub bucket that took me two weeks to build....

LOL kidding. Temporary until this weather clears up and I can cut all my MDF.
OMG that is hilarious!!
Originally Posted by Jermy
silly sac area guys, wake up! im all alonnnnne lol
On a wednesday? Yea.... no. lol
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:16 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by iNi_REALiZED
I need to go shopping for a new tv and laptop. Anyone have any experience with alienware?
Yea. You're paying extra money for the brand. Popular for gaming, but that's because they're 'cool', not because they're special.
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:29 AM
JZ33

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Yea. You're paying extra money for the brand. Popular for gaming, but that's because they're 'cool', not because they're special.
thats actually a complete misconception.... i had an alienware that i purchased used, and it was up to par with laptops almost 8 years newer than it was, i even upgraded it to windows 7 and it took it just fine. i LOVE alienware and when i can im going to buy another one. i refuse to buy anything other than alienware or mac now haha i used it for everyday tasks and im a gamer... i was retarded and killed it though and now i have a mac... i miss it though...

and yes, automotive paint is MUCH different than house paint haha
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:36 AM
Jermy

the desktop i built for ~$900 is better than any alienware desktop i've used thats around the 1800-2400 dollar range. its extremely easy to build your own and a hell of a lot cheaper to make one that performs just as well as the top of the line stuff for half the price. if you're getting a laptop tho, then you're gonna be payin a lot lol. in terms of TV's i would reccomend samsung. if you're going LED samsung and LG have really great tv's. but you're just gonna get personal opinions when it comes to stuff like this lol
Old 05-18-2011 | 08:45 AM
Spider Monkey

thats actually a complete misconception.... i had an alienware that i purchased used, and it was up to par with laptops almost 8 years newer than it was, i even upgraded it to windows 7 and it took it just fine. i LOVE alienware and when i can im going to buy another one. i refuse to buy anything other than alienware or mac now haha i used it for everyday tasks and im a gamer... i was retarded and killed it though and now i have a mac... i miss it though...

and yes, automotive paint is MUCH different than house paint haha
You use a mac. Your opinion is invalid. lol I'm speaking in general as in how the computing society regards alienware. I'm not speaking about how you scored a sweet rig, used. I was assuming he was going new. He could go to dell.com and build a 'like' laptop for way less and it will zlast forever.
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:00 AM
JZ33

building your own is a different story, and i hate desktops to begin with so thats not even in my equation haha but that was the longest i have had ANY electronic device without having to replace it because it was outdated... would i buy a NEW alienware? NO, too much when i can get one used for over 50% off and it will be just as good and perform better than anything i could buy new... especially when you find one with a fried HD because then you buy your own and know its clean and clear...

just for reference, ive been through... (counting)... 8 phones in the last year... and im getting tired of my Mac as it is.. had it less than a year... my PS3 performs better haha
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:03 AM
iNi_REALiZED

I can build a really decent desktop for cheap I know.. But laptop components are a log more expensive. Ive been looking at the alienware 14x. Seems really decent for what you get for $1200 bucks. I already have a power Mac set up dedicated for audio. I also have a Mac book air that my girlfriend has taken over. So now I'm in the market for something powerful enough to handle the same programs I'm using on my power Mac, that can double as a media pc, and portable enough to haul back and forth from the studio. I would love to stick with Mac, but to meet this criteria it's jus too much money. Any suggestions?
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:10 AM
Spider Monkey

(counting)... 8 phones in the last year...
Good god man, what do you do with your phones?!?
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:16 AM
Spider Monkey

I can build a really decent desktop for cheap I know.. But laptop components are a log more expensive. Ive been looking at the alienware 14x. Seems really decent for what you get for $1200 bucks. I already have a power Mac set up dedicated for audio. I also have a Mac book air that my girlfriend has taken over. So now I'm in the market for something powerful enough to handle the same programs I'm using on my power Mac, that can double as a media pc, and portable enough to haul back and forth from the studio. I would love to stick with Mac, but to meet this criteria it's jus too much money. Any suggestions?
Good god, for $1200 it better suck your **** as well.

You can buy quad core 4 GB lappys running w7 off of dell's site for less than a $800 bro. Take the specs that impress you with the alienware, and go to the other sites and compare. You don't need a whole lot of power in a media pc. The times have changed. Hell, my HTPC that runs my entire house's media platform has onboard sound on the motherboard. Don't even need a card.

But- I don't game. If you're one of those weirdos that likes to shoot your bros in a WWII themed game, or chase zombies around town, you need to get that alienware.
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:19 AM
Max-G

I've been using my iPhone as a bottle opener for 3 years and it still works great
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:25 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by Max-G
I've been using my iPhone as a bottle opener for 3 years and it still works great
Me too. lol Still rolling hard with the 3G. Plan on getting what ever they release this summer though.... 4s? If I would have never upgraded the OS, and as a result I didn't end up with shitty battery life, I'd rock this for years to come.
Old 05-18-2011 | 09:35 AM
iNi_REALiZED

Well I just went through Dell. The inspirion model laptops I couldn't upgrade to spec, so I used the XPS model 15". To make it comparable, still lacking in some areas it came to $1069.

The only thing its lacking its a backlit keyboard which is a must, as I mostly work in very low lit studios. I really want to go with the i7 processor. I know its not needed for a media pc, but I use protools mainly. I'm not sure if you're familiar with it, but its a very intensive program, and with them releasing protools 9 and the ability to run the HD system on home computers the i7 is also a must...

So with the criteria stated is there anything cheaper that I can get with comparable specs? I'm up for saving money if I can. If not.. other than price is there anything else that people have against alienware system as far as performance and reliability?

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners