Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2011 | 09:39 AM
JZ33

both of his cars are LEGIT, especially the Datsun haha

in other news...

F*CK the rain! Now i cant drive my Datsun!!

Last edited by JZ33; 05-25-2011 at 09:41 AM. Reason: F*CKING RAIN!
Old 05-25-2011 | 09:41 AM
Spider Monkey

Yes, very happy. I came buckets.
Old 05-25-2011 | 09:47 AM
Junkster

^haha thanks guys

I wish i had a 3 car garage so i can have em all in one place, hella flossin lol...jk
Old 05-25-2011 | 09:57 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
F*CK the rain! Now i cant drive my Datsun!!
Not waterproof?
Originally Posted by Junkster
^haha thanks guys

I wish i had a 3 car garage so i can have em all in one place, hella flossin lol...jk
Wait three? I'm missing one.
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:01 AM
JZ33

yes, he has another badass car haha and i still havent fixed the hatch seal on my Datsun... so the hatch leaks... and my wipers dont work properly...
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:09 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
Wait three? I'm missing one.
Yea my first car that i learned all my mechanics stuff on was a 95 maxima that i did all sorts of insane **** to.

I pretty much stopped modding it once i finished the rear mounted turbo on it, i am actually going to start parting out the mods sometime soon and sell the car though. I need to let it go, ive been wrenching on it and driving the crap out of it for almost 10 years...

This pic made it into one of the maxima calendars we had on the forums :

Crappy pic of the rmt:

I have tons more pics but they are on my back up drives at home..im lazy haha
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:10 AM
Spider Monkey

Dang! And you don't have a garage either! Did you tarp it?

What is #3?
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:12 AM
Spider Monkey

Wait, WTF? Rear mounted turbo??!?!?

Like this? lol

Old 05-25-2011 | 10:15 AM
Junkster

Dang! And you don't have a garage either! Did you tarp it?

What is #3?
Well #3 is my Z haha...

I do have a garage but its a two car garage so i have my 510 in there while i was working on it and my Z. My mom lives right down the street so i use her extra spot to park my maxima. The maxima will be moved back to my house soon tho so i can start taking off all the mods. Not looking forward to it though, that car has so much sentimental value its not even funny...

I taught myself how to check the oil on that car, yea CHECK the oil...i was that mechanically stupid 9-10 years ago haha, it was ALL DOWN HILL after that
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:19 AM
Junkster

Wait, WTF? Rear mounted turbo??!?!?

Like this? lol

Exactly like that...except i ran return piping UNDER the car lol...along with all the oil lines.

Funny thing is now they make oil less turbo's! At least i didnt hear about them when i was doing my build at the time...but that makes life SOOOOOOOOO much easier!!!

I dont think i will ever do another RMT again though, it was way cool and it worked like a charm but i hated the ground clearance issues. I was mostly just kinda getting sick of the car more than anything, it was starting to show its age and i slowly started hating it more and more lol..dont think it was really anything with the RMT though...just me
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:20 AM
Spider Monkey

Well #3 is my Z haha...

I do have a garage but its a two car garage so i have my 510 in there while i was working on it and my Z. My mom lives right down the street so i use her extra spot to park my maxima. The maxima will be moved back to my house soon tho so i can start taking off all the mods. Not looking forward to it though, that car has so much sentimental value its not even funny...

I taught myself how to check the oil on that car, yea CHECK the oil...i was that mechanically stupid 9-10 years ago haha, it was ALL DOWN HILL after that
I'm going down a similar path. I'm going to sell my Jeep this year. It was the only car I've ever bought brand new and I promised my self when I got it in 01 that I would keep it forever in a give to the children when I die kinda way.

But I cheated on it with a Z and have no use for it anymore. Gonna hurt to see all the mods I put into it go. Can't exactly return a Jeep that's been Long Armed back to stock.... lol
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:28 AM
Spider Monkey

Exactly like that...except i ran return piping UNDER the car lol...along with all the oil lines.

Funny thing is now they make oil less turbo's! At least i didnt hear about them when i was doing my build at the time...but that makes life SOOOOOOOOO much easier!!!

I dont think i will ever do another RMT again though, it was way cool and it worked like a charm but i hated the ground clearance issues. I was mostly just kinda getting sick of the car more than anything, it was starting to show its age and i slowly started hating it more and more lol..dont think it was really anything with the RMT though...just me
So what is the advantage to having a RMT?
Old 05-25-2011 | 10:29 AM
JZ33

http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/05/kill-car/

this guy has heart... more than most people i know... im excited to see what he does now haha
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:13 AM
Jermy

Old 05-25-2011 | 11:16 AM
Junkster

So what is the advantage to having a RMT?
Well other than being unique, its cheaper off the batt, N/A temps under the hood, and no requirement for an intercooler at low boost levels (again with initial cost savings) and it makes working in the engine bay alot easier since you have so much extra room, in essence all you really have in the engine bay is a glorified CAI with a BOV lol...

I used to love going to meets and just pop my hood and walk away from my car and listen to people talk crap like "what a ***! why does he have a BOV and no turbo!?? this dude must be retarded" haha that never got old lol...

I mostly did it cause everyone said it wouldnt work and i wanted to do something no one had done before. And to be honest the SOUND IS AMAZING compared to a conventional setup. you can hear spool and wg action MAD loud and it just sounds so sick haha...
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:21 AM
Jermy

only reason i've strayed from an RMT is because i dont want to deal with cops. Seeing my car how it looks plus hearing the ridiculous sound from an RMT, i'd be asking for an impound haha, plus it not being carb legal i'd be effed in the A
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:28 AM
Spider Monkey

Well other than being unique, its cheaper off the batt, N/A temps under the hood, and no requirement for an intercooler at low boost levels (again with initial cost savings) and it makes working in the engine bay alot easier since you have so much extra room, in essence all you really have in the engine bay is a glorified CAI with a BOV lol...

I used to love going to meets and just pop my hood and walk away from my car and listen to people talk crap like "what a ***! why does he have a BOV and no turbo!?? this dude must be retarded" haha that never got old lol...

I mostly did it cause everyone said it wouldnt work and i wanted to do something no one had done before. And to be honest the SOUND IS AMAZING compared to a conventional setup. you can hear spool and wg action MAD loud and it just sounds so sick haha...
DO WANT TO HEAR.
Originally Posted by Jermy
only reason i've strayed from an RMT is because i dont want to deal with cops. Seeing my car how it looks plus hearing the ridiculous sound from an RMT, i'd be asking for an impound haha, plus it not being carb legal i'd be effed in the A
Says the guy with an exhaust that could wake the dead...
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:29 AM
Spider Monkey

Jermy, this is for you.

Sacramento Z Owners-n3zft.png
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:33 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by JZ33
http://www.stanceworks.com/2011/05/kill-car/

this guy has heart... more than most people i know... im excited to see what he does now haha
Yea thats the build thread i posted a couple pages back. I dont know if you guys have been following the build but when i discovered it way back my eyes were GLUED to my screen for hours reading the entire thing. By far one of if not the best documented builds ive ever read.

It was so sad when i heard about the fire though I could only imagine having something like that happen, my 510 is the closest ive ever been to doing an almost complete build from the ground up and to have it burn down would tear my heart to peices. And i can honestly say ive done maybe 10% of what he did to that damn car haha...

I got kinda sappy reading that link tho

Glad to hear he is still motivated to keep modding and tuning though, that fire would have been enough to break 99.9% of people in his shoes.
Old 05-25-2011 | 11:36 AM
JZ33

Spidermonkey^^^ slow golf clap for you sir.

And i feel the same Junkster, ive been following it since it was actually painted haha

Last edited by JZ33; 05-25-2011 at 11:37 AM.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners