Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011 | 11:47 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
yes, the person that painted them white never took off all the gold underneath and then used heavy paint... like house paint... so it wont just peel off and hardly even bubbles... otherwise just got my job and been doing a lot of work for friends so i can pay my bills... sad times..
Time to sand blast them.

two turbos arent enough for you...?

I actually thought of a quad turbo set up... two pairs of sequentials
Originally Posted by Junkster
TT kits have been up there around 400 horse...

IMHO anything over 400 hp is more trouble than its worth even if it was built...specially if your planning on having a reliable car...i think 400 hp is more than enough on a Z unless you wana constantly be working on it and fixing crap lol
Wait the fuck on one minute right there. Every bit of research I've done tells me that you can't TT a Z and pass smog. I want reliable and zoom zoom, but I've been told that TTs are an option in this state for me. And you know I don't wrench. I don't need to be fixing something at ALL. lol
Old 11-29-2011 | 02:02 PM
JZ33

Turbos can be reliable, there is no reason they shouldnt be unless you are uber stupid and set it to 40PSI on stock block with no supporting mods... but i know you wouldnt do that... would you...WOULD YOU?!

Old 11-29-2011 | 02:11 PM
Spider Monkey

lol, no I would not do that. But are they smogable? I was told they will not pass inspection.
Old 11-29-2011 | 03:04 PM
JZ33

depends who you ask... *hint*
Old 11-29-2011 | 03:07 PM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by JZ33
depends who you ask... *hint*
See, that is my point. I said I wanted to be able to get another 100 horses legally so I never have to worry about it. I don't have the inside track on people that will falsify a smog test, and that **** is getting more impossible to do every day.
Old 11-29-2011 | 06:13 PM
JZ33

then why not look into a supercharger? they have legal kits and if you build the engine to go with the SC then it will be even better and retain reliability...
Old 11-30-2011 | 12:06 AM
Max-G

stillen stage 5. do it.
Old 11-30-2011 | 07:04 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Spider Monkey
See, that is my point. I said I wanted to be able to get another 100 horses legally so I never have to worry about it. I don't have the inside track on people that will falsify a smog test, and that **** is getting more impossible to do every day.
Stillen blower kits are the only CARB legal FI setups available for the Z IIRC.

Im pretty sure you dont have an HR, so that would leave you with the crappy roots type stillen kit that everyone hates lol...They just really dont seem to make as much power as the other kits and i dont even know if Stillen even makes them anymore (do they?).

If you had an HR, you could go with the new blower kit that is already CARB legal as well, its NOT a roots type blower and the kit looks like its kickin azz from what i have been reading..

From the sound of it though, i wouldnt recomend any kind of FI for you. making 100 whp NA is pretty tough to do unless you do a full high comp build with an aggressive cam setup. If you ask me high comp setups are ghey and our motors are already pretty high compression as it is...anything higher and i would imagine having a pretty finicky motor for daily driving.

Have you considered nitrous? Very easy to install/remove, very reliable, reasonably priced unless you start upgrading plumbing and going up past a 100 shot...
Old 11-30-2011 | 08:40 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Max-G
just 2.

anyone need some 275/30r19's? stupid onlinetires sent me those instead of the 235/35/r19's i ordered. i don't understand how they could get them confused the sizes aren't even close.
Im assuming you are giving them away since no FS posts are allowed in regular threads?
Old 11-30-2011 | 08:49 AM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness
Im assuming you are giving them away since no FS posts are allowed in regular threads?
:nailbite:
Old 11-30-2011 | 08:53 AM
SE5spd

they'll be free, but the person picking them up is gonna be giving him a little "tip" lol
Old 11-30-2011 | 09:10 AM
Junkster

lapdance?

other private services? lol
Old 11-30-2011 | 09:54 AM
Spider Monkey

Stillen blower kits are the only CARB legal FI setups available for the Z IIRC.

Im pretty sure you dont have an HR, so that would leave you with the crappy roots type stillen kit that everyone hates lol...They just really dont seem to make as much power as the other kits and i dont even know if Stillen even makes them anymore (do they?).

If you had an HR, you could go with the new blower kit that is already CARB legal as well, its NOT a roots type blower and the kit looks like its kickin azz from what i have been reading..

From the sound of it though, i wouldnt recomend any kind of FI for you. making 100 whp NA is pretty tough to do unless you do a full high comp build with an aggressive cam setup. If you ask me high comp setups are ghey and our motors are already pretty high compression as it is...anything higher and i would imagine having a pretty finicky motor for daily driving.

Have you considered nitrous? Very easy to install/remove, very reliable, reasonably priced unless you start upgrading plumbing and going up past a 100 shot...
All of that. So like I was saying, I'm SOL. lol

NOS is a once in a while shot. I want my additional horsies all the time.

Question, would I even notice say, an increase of 50 whp?
Old 11-30-2011 | 09:58 AM
SE5spd

All of that. So like I was saying, I'm SOL. lol

NOS is a once in a while shot. I want my additional horsies all the time.

Question, would I even notice say, an increase of 50 whp?
yes you would

vortech is legal in CA, my friends selling a kit for a DE, hes in the bay area.
Old 11-30-2011 | 10:16 AM
Spider Monkey

Originally Posted by SE5spd
yes you would

vortech is legal in CA, my friends selling a kit for a DE, hes in the bay area.
Educate a bro. I thought Vortech was the name of a supercharger. Haven't we already dismissed supercharges as an option because they won't pass inspection?
Old 11-30-2011 | 10:22 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM
Premier Member

There are SC kits that are legal in California. The FI section of this forum is a little bit rough with noob questions but lots of good info in there.

50WHP is significant enough to feel.

Originally Posted by SE5spd
they'll be free, but the person picking them up is gonna be giving him a little "tip" lol
lapdance?

other private services? lol

Last edited by Cali-Darkness; 11-30-2011 at 10:25 AM.
Old 11-30-2011 | 10:25 AM
Junkster

Educate a bro. I thought Vortech was the name of a supercharger. Haven't we already dismissed supercharges as an option because they won't pass inspection?
Im pretty sure he is talking about a stillen kit...which like i said for the DE's is CARB legal (ie will pass inspection if not modified).

and you would TOTALLY notice a 50 hp gain! lol

Nitrous is awesome btw, sure its not on all the time, but when you DO use it its LOADS of fun...

I personally wouldnt put nitrous on the z though, but then again i am totally satisfied with the power i have now with my bolt on HR setup...
Old 11-30-2011 | 10:29 AM
Junkster

There are SC kits that are legal in California. The FI section of this forum is a little bit rough with noob questions but lots of good info in there.

The only CARB legal blower kits are from stillen no??

Im 99% sure they are the only ones that have made 50 state legal kits...
Old 11-30-2011 | 10:30 AM
Spider Monkey

Thank you. I have tried to dig through that section before with little luck but I will try again if there is something out there that doesn't suck, and is worth the buck.

Im pretty sure he is talking about a stillen kit...which like i said for the DE's is CARB legal (ie will pass inspection if not modified).

and you would TOTALLY notice a 50 hp gain! lol

Nitrous is awesome btw, sure its not on all the time, but when you DO use it its LOADS of fun...

I personally wouldnt put nitrous on the z though, but then again i am totally satisfied with the power i have now with my bolt on HR setup...
Bro you are confusing me. You said those were crappy. lol

I don't have an HR. I'm an 06.
Old 11-30-2011 | 11:08 AM
Spider Monkey

Bro that section is a frustrating nightmare for Cali peoples with so many limitations.

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners