Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

[Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2012 | 01:18 PM
Junkster

Originally Posted by Nismomonkey
I was just saying 10K as an exageration as that seems like the kind of number they would throw out at a dealership for a rebuild. I did check with CZP, they have brand new gear boxes for 1600 just gotta get a clutch and what not. So looking at around 2k for a brand new set up with a HD clutch kit and flywheel. Not too bad. Could build it on a stand and then just slide it in place in a day pretty easy. I probably wont ever sell my springs until I get the Megan Racing Coil Overs I am looking at as well as the camber kits to bring everything in line. I want that stuff plus some good sway bars and an adjustable strut tower bar, mostly for giggles, but I just like having full customization available for every aspect of the suspension. One day when my car is paid for and I wont feel bad about it getting scratched up I might start building a motor for it and then maybe Ill pick up one of those 7K trannies. lol. I have been seriously contemplating getting an older 240 to make into a drift car. There is a convertible one here in town that collects dust in a lot. The guy keeps telling me its not for sale but if I stop being lazy and make a real offer on it I am sure I could get it away from him no problem.

Edit: Also any of you silly people have a set of 17s sitting around? I have my Z on the 19s it came on and I have always wanted a second set of wheels, even if they are stock wheels.
I have my Stock HR 18's that i am debating selling if your interested, they have tires on them that are about 40-50%. No curb rash or anything they are nearly in mint condition.

Originally Posted by RyebreadZ
Is euro sunday happening this weekend at the fountains? If so is anyone rolling out there?
Im leaving for tahoe today after work wont be back till Sunday late in the afternoon
Old 04-20-2012 | 02:33 PM
JZ33

I should be at ES!
Old 04-20-2012 | 05:10 PM
inqui-Z-tor

^^ Me too ...
Old 04-20-2012 | 07:33 PM
Nismomonkey

How much you want for those wheels? Got any pics of them? I shall be googling here in a minute too.
Old 04-20-2012 | 09:17 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
^^ Me too ...
Originally Posted by JZ33
I should be at ES!
Do you have to register to park with all the cars or just show up? I'll probably at least go as a spectator lol
Old 04-20-2012 | 09:56 PM
inqui-Z-tor

Do you have to register to park with all the cars or just show up? I'll probably at least go as a spectator lol
At ES? No registration .. just show up. Look for my Z .. you can park by me ..
Old 04-20-2012 | 10:09 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by inqui-Z-tor
At ES? No registration .. just show up. Look for my Z .. you can park by me ..
Cool I will...what time does it start?
Old 04-21-2012 | 11:05 AM
Jermy

Alright, so i've been kinda MIA a while again. I've been having some pretty shitty car issues. First it had the horrible exhaust leak on the Y-pipes. easy fix, new Y pipe is on. The car idles fairly rough, moreso than normal. With the cobb accessport tune on it it intermittently threw a CEL (would come on then flicker off, then on then off. was weird as ****).. Pulled the code which gave me p0301 (misfire cyl. 1) Nissan told me it would probably be a spark plug or coil pack. plugs were changed MAYBE 20k ago, so i swapped the possible bad coil pack to the other side, turned the tune off and drove it. The misfire seemed to stop, but the car still idles rough. I ended up just replacing that coilpack just for good measure. Seemed to actually get a little better. Now the car idles almost normal but still rough. idle-around 2000 rpms it rumbles a lot exhaust-note wise. then after 2k and up it sounds normal and fine. Seems to be lacking a little power too though. Still breaking in the 4.08's so i haven't really gotten on it much. when i replaced the coil pack i checked for vacuum leaks, none. I got under the car to listen for any exhaust leaks from the header/cats and none it seems. My driver side cat is pretty bashed up from being scraped being lowered. Yesterday driving home, I noticed my oil pressure indicator was showing really low pressure. I let the car cool and checked the oil but the oil was really high. like half way up the dipstick far passed the high mark. I've kind of reached my breaking point and about to just say **** this car. any thoughts before it gets driven off a bridge?

also, when driving its rpm is fine, but coming to a stop, sometimes it will go low, way past idle (600ish) and drop down to like 200, then come back up to 600. idk wtf!

stats: 2003 touring Z, 77,7xx miles, oil changed every 3k miles, never goes below 1/4 tank of gas, all the exhaust leaks have been fixed no vacuum leaks, stock tune.
Mods: JWT pop charger, berk z-tube, kinetix plenum, dc headers. "true" dual exhaust (hard to explain what it really is) from the cats back. oem 4.08 fd gears, jwt clutch and flywheel. Had the Cobb stage 2+ tune on it for a while, which i took off when i put the cats back on to smog it. turned it back on for a while to raise the rev limiter for the 4.08's.

Last edited by Jermy; 04-21-2012 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-21-2012 | 12:41 PM
RyebreadZ

Maybe something with your fuel delivery???? Only other thing that I could think of is a cam or crank sensor which should throw a cel.
Old 04-21-2012 | 12:42 PM
JZ33

Why not call a shop and tell them what is going on and see what they say? I dont trust Nissan to tell me those things straight up...
Old 04-21-2012 | 01:27 PM
Jermy

Being as I work for Future automotive, Nissan doesn't assrape me on cost or skimp on the work lol. They even let me watch or help if im not working.

@Rye, yeah i'm gonna have to check my fuel pump as well as injectors soon too i think. Hopefully i can just get a denso pump and clean the injectors.

As of just now, i finished cleaning my maf and throttle body. Car seemed to respond favorably to it. Accel felt better and smoother. Idle seemed to calm a bit. Oil pressure, though unrelated i guess, is more normal. It did still drop and rise on coming to a stop, but, instead of going to 600, dropping to 200 and back up, now it went to 600, rose to 1000, back down to 600 lol. wtf
Old 04-21-2012 | 01:35 PM
RyebreadZ

Originally Posted by Jermy
Being as I work for Future automotive, Nissan doesn't assrape me on cost or skimp on the work lol. They even let me watch or help if im not working.

@Rye, yeah i'm gonna have to check my fuel pump as well as injectors soon too i think. Hopefully i can just get a denso pump and clean the injectors.

As of just now, i finished cleaning my maf and throttle body. Car seemed to respond favorably to it. Accel felt better and smoother. Idle seemed to calm a bit. Oil pressure, though unrelated i guess, is more normal. It did still drop and rise on coming to a stop, but, instead of going to 600, dropping to 200 and back up, now it went to 600, rose to 1000, back down to 600 lol. wtf
My oil Guage does the same thing sometimes. I'm not sure that they are always 100% and I know mine can stick up top sometimes.

Last edited by RyebreadZ; 04-21-2012 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-21-2012 | 01:46 PM
Jermy

My oil Guage does the same thing sometimes. I'm not sure that they are always 100% and I know mine can stick up top sometimes.
yeah, i've been reading a lot of people with complaints about their gauges being off. Still confused as to why i have oil going so far up my dipstick (lols, so punny).

this is where it was today after a 10 min drive. it was lower the other day though. like.. scary low. lol

Old 04-21-2012 | 01:46 PM
Jermy

also... the source of my leak has been found! hahaha

Old 04-21-2012 | 02:04 PM
RyebreadZ

^^^you going to euro sunday?
Old 04-21-2012 | 03:28 PM
PikesPeakZ

also... the source of my leak has been found! hahaha

That looks good LOL jeebus. I have a stock y pipe you can have Jermy.
Old 04-21-2012 | 03:40 PM
1991ls13

so when are we having a meet? Its becoming summer and i need to see some Z`s that have v1, v3 bumpers and spoilers etc.....You can only get a idea of what it looks like online.....

Lets do it!
Old 04-21-2012 | 03:45 PM
Jermy

^^^you going to euro sunday?
yezzir i'll be there

Originally Posted by PikesPeakZ
That looks good LOL jeebus. I have a stock y pipe you can have Jermy.
Hahaha right? Thanks I appreciate it, but I ordered a Topspeed one from CZP as soon as i found out it was bad. already installed the new one haha.
Old 04-21-2012 | 04:08 PM
Jermy

Originally Posted by 1991ls13
so when are we having a meet? Its becoming summer and i need to see some Z`s that have v1, v3 bumpers and spoilers etc.....You can only get a idea of what it looks like online.....

Lets do it!
EuroSunday is tomorrow here in Roseville at the fountains across from Galleria mall. There will be a handful of Z's there among other really nice cars. There is a separate thread with all the info I believe. You should come through, though it is early in the morning lol.
Old 04-21-2012 | 06:57 PM
RyebreadZ

EuroSunday is tomorrow here in Roseville at the fountains across from Galleria mall. There will be a handful of Z's there among other really nice cars. There is a separate thread with all the info I believe. You should come through, though it is early in the morning lol.
What time does it start? Man I didn't have time to wash the Z up today and I was going to touch up some rock chips on my front lip

Quick Reply: [Sacramento]: Sacramento Z Owners