Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Some Serious Issues with a Dealership

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 06:52 PM
Changvi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Adhesive
status update:
We had another talk with the dealership. This time, everyone was present. The dealership said they would swap the base model car for the enthusiast model for 1100 dollars under invoice along with free oil changes for life and put this behind us (which is 1800dollars out of our pocket for the difference of enthusiast model - base).

or

keep the base and get free tires for life + oil change for life + free brake pads for the life of the car.

I told them if they can just refund my money and give back my original car and call off the deal altogether since this has been a headache and very time consuming. Whats your guys opinion? I think I will write a letter and contact Nissan affairs on Monday about canceling the whole deal.
Bro, our consensus is to have the dealership concede the deal and give your money back or you take legal action. What part of it do you not understand? So, you told them you wanted to have the deal called off since its been giving you a headache. Now what was the out come? You already know what majority of us think about this, and you're still asking us for our opinion? Come on bro!!! You know the answer!!!! If they don't give you your money back, sue them and contact NNA and file a complaint. Plain and simple.
Old 01-12-2008, 07:37 PM
06CPV35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO...
The salesman admits to making a mistake...or prob lied and is slime like the GM. Do you really want their service dept. touching your Z?
I wouldn't and would pass on those life time offers from THEM.

What I would do:
Give THEM two choices.
1) refund monies and return trade-in or
2) exchange for the Z your were led to believe you were getting and end this headache. Take the so-called dealer loss from the salesman pocket who admits fault. Not your fault, why should it cost you more $$.

Tell them they have 24hrs to call YOU with their decision on YOUR two offers (look at your watch when you say that).
If no call from them you'll go to NNA and legal. Then walk out and wait for the call.

YOU give them the choices, not them giving you the choices.

G/L with your decision.
Old 01-13-2008, 12:14 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06CPV35
IMHO...
The salesman admits to making a mistake...or prob lied and is slime like the GM. Do you really want their service dept. touching your Z?
I wouldn't and would pass on those life time offers from THEM.

What I would do:
Give THEM two choices.
1) refund monies and return trade-in or
2) exchange for the Z your were led to believe you were getting and end this headache. Take the so-called dealer loss from the salesman pocket who admits fault. Not your fault, why should it cost you more $$.

Tell them they have 24hrs to call YOU with their decision on YOUR two offers (look at your watch when you say that).
If no call from them you'll go to NNA and legal. Then walk out and wait for the call.

YOU give them the choices, not them giving you the choices.

G/L with your decision.
I like this approach. I'll put a 3rd option in:
Ask to see the invoice of the Enthusiast they are talking about. Compare their deal on it to .98 of invoice plus destination charge. Screw the brakes and tires deal - tell them you want the full extended warranty (the full blown one) since Nissan's standard warranty sucks. Start the timer.
Old 01-13-2008, 09:35 AM
sukebe

I wonder if you bought the car from a rat faced looking guy in a cheap suit on Capital. Did he mention "trunk money" from the factory as the reason he was willing to "lose money" on the enthusiast sale?
Old 01-15-2008, 05:41 PM
Changvi

So, any updates?
Old 01-15-2008, 07:50 PM
Adhesive

Originally Posted by Changvi
So, any updates?
Still in the process...Have contacted Nissan Affairs, I am waiting as well...Should get a call tommorow from them.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:13 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Still in the process...Have contacted Nissan Affairs, I am waiting as well...Should get a call tommorow from them.
Do you want to borrow my picket sign in the meantime?
Old 01-16-2008, 10:33 AM
2-3-Z

I'm confused as to why you're driving this car around. (Maybe I'm reading wrong, but that's what it sounds like.) As soon as I realized the problem, I would have parked it on their doorstep. Seems you're getting yourself in deeper the longer you keep it.

Hope it all works out, though. Dealers should not get away with jerking people around like this.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:00 PM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by 2-3-Z
I'm confused as to why you're driving this car around. (Maybe I'm reading wrong, but that's what it sounds like.) As soon as I realized the problem, I would have parked it on their doorstep. Seems you're getting yourself in deeper the longer you keep it.

Hope it all works out, though. Dealers should not get away with jerking people around like this.
Because they are dicking him around, and not making a fair deal with him. If he left it, he'd have no car. I had to do this same sort of thing, and ended up putting over 600 miles on my new Maxima until they took it back free-and-clear.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:19 PM
06CPV35

Call the BBB too. NNA has been known to stall on things in the past. Example: Oil Consumption issues prior to the recent TSB on that plague.
Even if NNA addresses your issue in a timely manner and is resolved, BBB should know about that dealers slimy business practices regardless.
And if NNA gives you the run-around, BBB will already know about it and contact NNA. NNA jumps when BBB calls them.
Just my .02

Last edited by 06CPV35; 01-16-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:52 PM
need Z

Any updates?
Old 01-30-2008, 04:13 PM
vibitzzz

I am very sorry to hear the dilemma you have to go through, But my friend you are not alone. I faced the same situation when I was buying my Z last November. The only difference between your case and mine is that I backed out, just before signing the papers at 9:00 pm (after they played games with me for the whole day)... I was so pissed off with the nissan dealerships that I was thinking of buying a BMW Z4

Well Z is my dream car so I went to Arizona just to buy my Z ...

My Bad experience was with Folsom Lake nissan, sacramento

I think we should have a thread for Dealerships, discussing our experiences, for both purchase as well as servicing
Old 01-30-2008, 04:34 PM
Changvi

I have a feeling that the OP took the dealership's offer and left it at that. He couldn't make up his mind even when we told him to return the car, then contact a lawyer, and contact NNA.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:16 PM
06CPV35

Still don't know which dealer this was either....
Old 01-30-2008, 10:16 PM
Adhesive

Everything was finally resolved today ( about 25 days later?). The Owner , Sales person, and the General Manager all sat with me and discussed the issue. The base model was returned and the enthusiast was given to me for 2k under invoice for my troubles of waiting etc + a few goodies such as Lifetime tires, Free oil Change, Gas for 2 Months. I am very happy how it played out but did not enjoy the service until the owner came into play about this issue. Supposedly the GM got fired and was replaced by a new one, also they had difficulties finding a dealer swap with everything I was asking for (most importantly side airbags). After talking with the owner they found a car the next day with a few bonus's that I did not pay for. After all the stress that came with buying this car , I will admit that I should have taken more time to look at my car before buying it, and not trust the sales person to give me the "overview" the next day as promised. Although I will not take the blame for the long wait i had to endure. Sorry for the long wait on the response I was too busy the dealership everyday about my car. If you would like to know which dealership it was please feel free to private message me

Last edited by Adhesive; 01-31-2008 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 10:44 PM
The Black Z

Why don't you just post the dealer? They screwed you over.
Old 01-31-2008, 06:20 AM
06CPV35

Glad to hear things finally went your way. GM fired...good call by the owner. Maybe that salesperson too?
So now sounds like that dealership should be better without that knucklehead and the owner has moral integrity toward his/hers customers.

PM sent...
Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 AM
need Z

Glad to hear that everything got worked out!
Old 01-31-2008, 11:56 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

$2k under INVOICE? Please tell me you saw their actual invoice sticker, compared the VIN to your vehicle's VIN, then paid $2k under that. You could also have looked up the invoice at edmunds.com

If you sincerely got it for $2k under invoice, then you did get a good deal assuming it was everything you wanted and then some. Tell us about it - i.e. 08' enthusiast/color with what options and what you ended up paying for it!

I'd like to know the dealership, so if you won't post it (for whatever reason) please PM me.
Old 02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
mistico

So was this McKevitt or not?

PM me if you can't post.