Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

wow! first time I've seen lidar used at NIGHT on South Bay highways

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 03:13 PM
cwerdna

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tquill
Get a good laser jammer... then you'll never have to worry about laser again.

Even if I were in a state where laser jammers are illegal, I would probably still have one... sometimes the penalty for having one if you're caught... is less not as bad as getting a speeding ticket...

Not only that... used properly... the police wouldn't necessarily know you have one.
Unfortunately, they're illegal in California. :/
Old 03-30-2008, 07:01 PM
cbtech

Originally Posted by 16psibrick
so basically, all the laser function on your detector does is say "i think you just got lit up, you are either just lucky or you are screwed" lol
right. if it is screaming at you... you can wait to see if he gets on his bike to fly up behind or past you.
Old 03-31-2008, 12:33 PM
MGV156

Originally Posted by nofeardude87
yeah I've been hearing that CHP is trying to use laser more now

oh and a v1 will not really help because it means that the laser has directly hit you already so if you are speeding and detect laser, you are probably screwed already.
I currently have a case against a Lidar citation. The CHP is getting smarter these days by requesting a continuance 1 week before the subpoena date for the arresting officer and commisioners are granting them despite objecting to the continuance. This is just another tactic against those that are trying to fight a ticket by hoping that the officer doesn't show up. Lucky for me, I have plenty of flexibility in my schedule . We'll see how my trial goes on 4/28...
Old 03-31-2008, 04:17 PM
cbtech

Originally Posted by MGV156
I currently have a case against a Lidar citation. The CHP is getting smarter these days by requesting a continuance 1 week before the subpoena date for the arresting officer and commisioners are granting them despite objecting to the continuance. This is just another tactic against those that are trying to fight a ticket by hoping that the officer doesn't show up. Lucky for me, I have plenty of flexibility in my schedule . We'll see how my trial goes on 4/28...
they recently started granting the Officers continuances because of this particular reason and that sometimes the date was on a day off or the officers vacation. The officer has up to 3 times that they can ask for a continuance before the case has to be heard. Not that im for doing that, but it makes sense.

and if you didnt do the crime then there should be no worry about the officer asking for a continuance since you are innocent right??

Old 03-31-2008, 04:25 PM
MGV156

Originally Posted by cbtech
they recently started granting the Officers continuances because of this particular reason and that sometimes the date was on a day off or the officers vacation. The officer has up to 3 times that they can ask for a continuance before the case has to be heard. Not that im for doing that, but it makes sense.

and if you didnt do the crime then there should be no worry about the officer asking for a continuance since you are innocent right??

I have no problems at all if this continues on. I'm 3-0 against fighting speeding tickets and I'm prepared for this one even if the officer shows up .