Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Wedding location recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:15 PM
Cataftercat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wedding location recommendations

Hi guys,
I got engaged recently (yay!) and have been looking for a good place for our ceremony + reception. I have checked out about 6-7 places so far and none of them has really impressed me. We are planning to have our wedding next Fall. People say we need to book one year in advance...kinda stressful haha. So please, if you have any recommendations for some neat locations, feel free to share. We are going to have a pretty small wedding (about 50 people). I want somewhere quiet, intimate and pretty (I want to have the ceremony outdoor and dinner indoor).

I have never done this before, so if you have any other wedding planning tips, don't be afraid to share with me. I don't know who to ask haha...I'm the first among my friends to be married. :P

Thank you!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
hiz-n-herz

My recomendations is Hyatt Highlands in Carmel. It has spectular views from bluffs, top notch food and accomadations. We were in a wedding party that was held there, and it was all we anticipated and more!

Tiffini
Originally Posted by Cataftercat
Hi guys,
I got engaged recently (yay!) and have been looking for a good place for our ceremony + reception. I have checked out about 6-7 places so far and none of them has really impressed me. We are planning to have our wedding next Fall. People say we need to book one year in advance...kinda stressful haha. So please, if you have any recommendations for some neat locations, feel free to share. We are going to have a pretty small wedding (about 50 people). I want somewhere quiet, intimate and pretty (I want to have the ceremony outdoor and dinner indoor).

I have never done this before, so if you have any other wedding planning tips, don't be afraid to share with me. I don't know who to ask haha...I'm the first among my friends to be married. :P

Thank you!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:49 PM
Cataftercat

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
My recomendations is Hyatt Highlands in Carmel. It has spectular views from bluffs, top notch food and accomadations. We were in a wedding party that was held there, and it was all we anticipated and more!

Tiffini
Hi Tiffini, i just checked out the Hyatt highlander...wow so beautiful! It is a bit on the expensive side but worth checking out in person. Thank you a lot!
Old 10-27-2008, 10:52 PM
hiz-n-herz

your very welcome. The facilty is top notch, and the rooms were nothing short of pure romance (and we were not even the bride and groom ). We had cabin like rooms, with views ! We had pictures of the wedding party at a local beach b4 the wedding (which made for more time to mingle and party after the wedding and during the reception), beautiful made for some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen. When you go check out the highlander, go to carmel and have lunch/brunch at the forest in the forge (I think that is how it is spelled) great food and a to die for desert of a chocolate chip cookie cooked in a cast iron skillet, with ice cream, hot fudge, and whip cream and strawberries.. YUM is the best way to describe!
O PS congrats

Originally Posted by Cataftercat
Hi Tiffini, i just checked out the Hyatt highlander...wow so beautiful! It is a bit on the expensive side but worth checking out in person. Thank you a lot!

Last edited by hiz-n-herz; 10-27-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:24 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

www.springhillpavilion.com
Old 10-28-2008, 08:39 AM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

check out quail lodge in carmel valley
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 AM
mcowger

I actually just had an identically sized ceremony and reception at 'The Sonoma Ranch'. The place is way up in the hills in Sonoma - ultra quiet, no one around, and truly beautiful. Its run by a guy named Brad thats super helpful.

http://www.thesonomaranch.com/

Let me know if you'd like to see our wedding photos for some better views of it/more info.
Old 10-28-2008, 04:49 PM
Cataftercat

Originally Posted by mcowger
I actually just had an identically sized ceremony and reception at 'The Sonoma Ranch'. The place is way up in the hills in Sonoma - ultra quiet, no one around, and truly beautiful. Its run by a guy named Brad thats super helpful.

http://www.thesonomaranch.com/

Let me know if you'd like to see our wedding photos for some better views of it/more info.
Ohh...looks really quiet. Sure if you don't mind please show me some of your wedding photos. Thank you!

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
check out quail lodge in carmel valley
i just did. The price for this place is cheaper than other stuff I have been looking at in Carmel area. I like that haha...I was trying to avoid golf club (don't want old people drive around in their little carts in the background while I say 'I do") but this looks so green and pretty! I will check it out! Thanks!

Originally Posted by scotts300
:O too far! :P

Originally Posted by hiz-n-herz
your very welcome. The facilty is top notch, and the rooms were nothing short of pure romance (and we were not even the bride and groom ). We had cabin like rooms, with views ! We had pictures of the wedding party at a local beach b4 the wedding (which made for more time to mingle and party after the wedding and during the reception), beautiful made for some of the most beautiful wedding pictures I have ever seen. When you go check out the highlander, go to carmel and have lunch/brunch at the forest in the forge (I think that is how it is spelled) great food and a to die for desert of a chocolate chip cookie cooked in a cast iron skillet, with ice cream, hot fudge, and whip cream and strawberries.. YUM is the best way to describe!
O PS congrats
Thank you for all the helpful info. We are making a trip to Carmel this coming weekend to check out a couple locations. I want to stay a night at the Highlander inn (if i can get a room) if I do, I will for sure ask about the forest in the forge. ^_^ Ooo, I should avoid sweets tho...they are bad for my figure =P.
Old 10-28-2008, 07:38 PM
zxpwr

subscribed.. lol... you guys know what i mean
Old 10-29-2008, 07:18 AM
datsunHEAD

i work at quail lodge so theres like a wedding every weekend,let me know if you get married here ill hook it up with free bottles of champ,also maybe be able to work out a good deal
Old 10-29-2008, 09:37 AM
350ZLov3r

I had my reception here http://www.vintnersgolfclub.com/golf...club/index.htm

However they let you get married outside with small weddings like 50 people like you are having....We had the tables for the reception outside and they do it up really nice...there is a bar inside and they lay out a nice dance floor too. I was really happy with the place and had a great time....the food was really good to.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:46 PM
brigz

ive worked at a couple of weddings and two of my favorite places have been at the carneros inn (napa) and meadowood (st.helena). during the summer theres at least a wedding going on every weekend at each location.
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM
Hybrid90

Good wedding advice is.. DO NOT sleep with her sister!

I heard there are tons of nice spots on Monterey Bay.. congrats dude!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:22 PM
datsunHEAD

Originally Posted by Hybrid90

no....... good advice is dont do it!!!just kidding only thing that really sucks is compromising on everything I HATE COMPROMISING!!!i want to only think of myself but now my wife come first.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:27 PM
sid67jp

Originally Posted by Hybrid90

Cataftercat is a SHE....LOL!!
Old 10-29-2008, 07:53 PM
1redZ983

http://www.aubergedusoleil.com/html/...l_events.shtml

auberge du soleil in napa is where my auntie and uncle got married last year. theres a beautiful view of the napa valley at the wedding balcony.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:07 PM
Cataftercat

Originally Posted by sid67jp
Cataftercat is a SHE....LOL!!

Lol...thanks Ed! Right, I'm not planning on sleeping with his sister.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:22 PM
Cataftercat

Guys, thank you for all the helpful advices! I dragged those links to my desktop so i can look into them. I still have like a year ahead of me, I already feel kinda stressed...there seem to be so many things we have to do. I can understand why some people decide to just take off on a trip or something.

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
i work at quail lodge so theres like a wedding every weekend,let me know if you get married here ill hook it up with free bottles of champ,also maybe be able to work out a good deal
That's cool! I will send you a private msg when i decide on which weekend to go to Carmel. Maybe you can show us around at the Quail Lodge!
Old 10-30-2008, 03:18 PM
MGV156

Have you considered going out of state for a venue? Check out http://www.grandwailea.com/weddings/Default.aspx and you can have the reception at the Humuhumu restaurant nearby. Good luck and congratulations!
Old 10-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Cataftercat

Originally Posted by MGV156
Have you considered going out of state for a venue? Check out http://www.grandwailea.com/weddings/Default.aspx and you can have the reception at the Humuhumu restaurant nearby. Good luck and congratulations!
Hawaii? Are you kidding? Of course I would love to have my wedding there, who would say no to that? The problem is...it's just too expensive and probably only 5 guests would actually show up. i love Hawaii, I was in Maui back in May. I had a great time! I'm trying to not blow all my money on this wedding since we are thinking about buying a house next year.

Quick Reply: Wedding location recommendations