Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Holiday "cheer". Tis the season?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 08:14 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Holiday "cheer". Tis the season?

Gentle reminder for those in South San Jose - you live in South San Jose.

I parked the ZR at The Home Depot on Capital/87 for less than 20 minutes. I had the windows up but the top down since I had a 6' piece of molding to load into the passenger seat. Said perp looking to spread the "holiday cheer" decided to hop in the cockpit (from the back?) and steal my satellite radio and garage door opener. It could have been much worse I suppose, as there wasn't anything else to steal and they didn't break the window, however, it was a reminder that a) it's holiday time and people are looking to make an extra buck and b) this is South San Jose. Hindsight is 20:20, and there were a dozen ways I could have avoided this for sure.

The optimist in me will find this comedic, as the satellite radio can't be registered since it has a unique SN and the garage door transmitter has been replaced and that particular unit can not be reprogrammed for a different frequency. I was pleasantly surprised that Sirius replaced my radio FOC since the original one was stolen, and that SN will be tagged as stolen by them. They (Sirius rep) said, "have San Jose PD call us and we'll let them know if someone has called to register the stolen unit". HA! SJPD wouldn't even come out to Home Depot, let alone THEM call Sirius to talk about my stolen radio! (Seriously, I had to file my police report online.)

The short of this is just reminding you that everyone does not have good intentions - especially escalated during the holidays. Be aware, blah, blah, blah.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:24 AM
datsunHEAD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

america......dont you love it?seriously that sucks could of been worse,i always tell my wife lock your doors even if you just run into 7-11 because people would steal whatever they can, even if its not worth anything, for example someone broke into my moms mitsubishi mirage and stole a "debbie" name keychain she had haging from her mirror..........thats it,maybe the thiefs name was debbie, but they left her cd player and her cds intact.criminals ftl.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:33 AM
scotts300
350Z-holic

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by datsunHEAD
america......dont you love it?seriously that sucks could of been worse,i always tell my wife lock your doors even if you just run into 7-11 because people would steal whatever they can, even if its not worth anything, for example someone broke into my moms mitsubishi mirage and stole a "debbie" name keychain she had haging from her mirror..........thats it,maybe the thiefs name was debbie, but they left her cd player and her cds intact.criminals ftl.
Tell me about it. This is actually the 2nd time we've had a vehicle broken into. The first was our old commuter car, which was parked at a VTA stop. They broke two windows to steal a stereo faceplate (worthless) and a satellite radio antenna. FYI1 - they caught the guy (who had also broken into 3 or 4 other cars). FYI2 - someone was shot at the VTA station at Ohlone on Thursday - joy.

Nov 21, 2008 12:01 am US/Pacific
Man Shot, Wounded At VTA Light-Rail Station In SJ
CBS 5 CrimeWatch
SAN JOSE (CBS 5) ― A man was shot and wounded at San Jose's Ohlone/Chynoweth light-rail station, disrupting VTA service during the Thursday evening commute.

Police said the shooting occurred about 5:30 p.m. in the park and ride lot at the station. Witnesses said they heard several shots fired.

There was no immediate word on the condition of the victim, but police said he appeared to have suffered a gunshot wound to the abdomen and was expected to survive.

Police could not immediately provide a suspect description or a motive for the attack.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Old 12-02-2008, 07:29 PM
WSchli1672

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Our newspaper said, It's time to make sure you lock your house, etc. as the Christmas Shoppers will be out, i.e. gangs, etc. to do their Christmas Shopping under your trees. What can I say. That was in the Californian Newspaper about 3 weeks ago. There was more of course, but that was the short of it. Some people just can't go out and earn it themselves anymore.
Old 12-03-2008, 05:33 AM
forced_04

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

tell me about it.....

In my office builing there is a commercial bank downstairs. It never has large amounts of cash all large deposits are followed by an armored truck, basically max in that bank is what the registers got. guy walks in last week with a gun and a mask robs the place...

ppl are gettin desperate...

did I mention they dont even have a vault !

Last edited by forced_04; 12-03-2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: grammatical error!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:09 PM
coolblue830

This is why we all need to go out and buy those full size blow up dolls... for umm security purposes of course
Old 12-03-2008, 06:34 PM
1redZ983

Originally Posted by coolblue830
This is why we all need to go out and buy those full size blow up dolls... for umm security purposes of course
LMAO! sorry to hear ur stuff got stolen. watch out for those haters!