Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Should I get an alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:58 PM
UC Da Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Should I get an alignment?

I just bought 19" tires.
My car is lower 1 inche with JIC coilovers.
Would getting an alignment even help with tire longevity since they can probably only adjust the toe and not camber?
Am I Right?
Old 01-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Project DSR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as with every tire replacement, drop, what have you, the rule of thumb is to get an alignment.

but thats just me
Old 01-27-2009, 11:09 PM
brigz

your half right there. with the from they cant adjust the camber because there is no way to do so without aftermarket camber arms. The rear is another story. it can be adjusted but it is limited to a certain range. im not sure if a one inch drop will bring it out of that range. If you can, get the front and rear camber arms before u have the alignment if you care about the longevity of the tires.
Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 AM
mcarther101

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Go get a free alignment inspection, there are places that offer inspections free of charge everywhere. Then look at the printout, then make your decision from there; you might not need one... so why pay unless necessary?

At the very least, get your alignment checked though.
Old 02-05-2009, 09:54 PM

where can i get an alignment for fairly cheap??? i found one place that will do it for $100 and another for about $75-80.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:07 PM
anotheraznguy

its not just about who has it cheap. Its about who knows what they are doing...

i see you have kit and other goodies. If you have wheels or are lowered the cheap places may ruin your nice wheels and skirts.

When someone does an alignment they need to get it onto an alignment rack. That right there endangers the lowered. If they dont know what they are doing goodbye sideskirts and bumpers

They then need to put clamps on the rim to line it up properly w/ the sensors. if they dont use high quality material say hello to dented and dinged wheels.

Now.. Was that 20 dollar cheaper price truly better now when you have to deal w/ damaged wheels and body kit. Sure they may replace it but that is no guarantee and good luck getting the replacements or the fixes in a timely fashion
Old 02-06-2009, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by anotheraznguy
its not just about who has it cheap. Its about who knows what they are doing...

i see you have kit and other goodies. If you have wheels or are lowered the cheap places may ruin your nice wheels and skirts.

When someone does an alignment they need to get it onto an alignment rack. That right there endangers the lowered. If they dont know what they are doing goodbye sideskirts and bumpers

They then need to put clamps on the rim to line it up properly w/ the sensors. if they dont use high quality material say hello to dented and dinged wheels.

Now.. Was that 20 dollar cheaper price truly better now when you have to deal w/ damaged wheels and body kit. Sure they may replace it but that is no guarantee and good luck getting the replacements or the fixes in a timely fashion
mach 3 was the ones that's gonna charge me $100. the cheaper one is some other shop that i've never been to. i don't have rims yet but it's suppose to get really low after the springs are installed. rims are next.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:39 AM
anotheraznguy

just spend the extra $20 and go to the better shop.
i live in fremont and go to milpitas to auto innovations cause i trust them and that is all i go to... Sure its a little bit more but its well worth it