Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

ClubZ.org track day @ Thunderhill

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003 | 10:03 AM
350ed
Professional
Premier Member

failsafe, Ed W. is me
Looking forward to it. It's my first event. I know I'll be slow but don't care since I just want to learn.
I just bought the car a few months back and it's my first manual trans

It will be fun to see how much I improve from this event to the next.

I tried: http://www.tapplastics.com/
but didn't find magnetic sheeting. Do they have it in the store in Fremont anyone or any of the others?

Last edited by 350ed; 11-23-2003 at 10:20 AM.
Old 11-23-2003 | 10:06 AM
LeMansZCa

sooo.... what kind of shoe does everyone wear on the right foot? I think i can wear my boots... so it's heavier....
Old 11-23-2003 | 11:37 AM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

Originally posted by 350ed
failsafe, Ed W. is me
Looking forward to it. It's my first event. I know I'll be slow but don't care since I just want to learn.
I just bought the car a few months back and it's my first manual trans

It will be fun to see how much I improve from this event to the next.

I tried: http://www.tapplastics.com/
but didn't find magnetic sheeting. Do they have it in the store in Fremont anyone or any of the others?
Ah cool- Glad you made it before Group A closed. Looks like the 350's will have a strong showing. See you there.
Old 11-23-2003 | 12:49 PM
StrictlyZ

Talking Wow A is closed..

Jason I didn't know A was closed that is the quickest I have ever seen it close!

Hopefully with this going to be my 3rd event.. Maybe I'll get promoted to group B

So if anyone wants to still register A I can probably give my spot just let me know Maybe they will promote whatever(dave) as well

In response to Ed, There are 2 local Tap plastics in San Jose, I called them before I Went there to make sure they have it. So basically you'll have to call around and see if they have in stock. I'm sure you can find magnetic sheeting elsewhere too?

good luck! Still not too late to register guys!

zya
Yuichi
Old 11-24-2003 | 12:54 PM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

Originally posted by LeMansZCa
sooo.... what kind of shoe does everyone wear on the right foot? I think i can wear my boots... so it's heavier....
you can get some piloti or sparco racing shoes.. but considering that I don't do that many events a year, figure a good old tennis shoe with thin sole should be good enough. I also hear people using wrestling shoes as a cheap alternatives....
Old 11-24-2003 | 04:01 PM
Balls

airwalks... or sambas
Old 11-24-2003 | 04:43 PM
LeMansZCa

i c.. i will probably find something thin and comfortable... but then again... i don't need to do no toe and heel thang... boot sounds better

BTW, is a full face helmet too much??? stick to half helmets for better visibility?
Old 12-03-2003 | 08:08 AM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

for those that are going on Friday, here is some discount on hotel setup by clubz.

http://www.clubz.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=191

For those of you coming up to Thunderhill the night before our 12/20/03 event, we have made a room block at the Amerihost Willows hotel. Mention Club Z when you call to reserve your room and you'll get the group rate of $66.60/2 queen beds or $71/king bed (both regularly $89).
This hotel has a nice indoor pool and spa (these were lots of fun last time!) and the room includes a nice continental breakfast.

Feel free to post to this forum to look for roommates if desired to split costs!

Amerihost Willows
(530) 934-9700
199 Humboldt Ave
Willows, CA
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?...22.192207&cs=4
Old 12-03-2003 | 08:11 AM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

i c.. i will probably find something thin and comfortable... but then again... i don't need to do no toe and heel thang... boot sounds better

BTW, is a full face helmet too much??? stick to half helmets for better visibility?
half helmet is probably good enough. I use my motorcycle helmet so it's a full. Considering that this is during December, getting too hot with a full helmet probably won't be an issue.
Old 12-03-2003 | 04:03 PM
LeMansZCa

how's the visibiliy using a full helmet? is it ok?

BTW, i got a "FREE" zip zap 350Z in Lemans sunset at Radio shack for signing up free credit card...

We should all get one and have a 350z zip zap race maybe during the track days?!?!?
Old 12-04-2003 | 03:33 PM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

how's the visibiliy using a full helmet? is it ok?

BTW, i got a "FREE" zip zap 350Z in Lemans sunset at Radio shack for signing up free credit card...

We should all get one and have a 350z zip zap race maybe during the track days?!?!?
The visibility is pretty good. It does take some getting used to though. I usually drive with the lid open to maximize airflow.

free credit card..... doesn't that take away one point from your credit rating for every free card you sign up?
Old 12-04-2003 | 03:53 PM
LeMansZCa

"doesn't that take away one point from your credit rating for every free card you sign up?"

hum... i never heard of that... All of my credit card are Free.... i refuse to pay for annual fees!!! and i know i have a "good" credit rating from my re-finance!!

go for the FREE Zip Zap... i can't stop playing with it.... and i need someone to race with!!!!

Thanks for the helmet tip! I will bring both type and see which one works better... I kinda like the full helmet... pretending to be a formula racer.....
Old 12-04-2003 | 06:30 PM
StrictlyZ

Talking HOTELS...

Got this from the event organizers.. whos wants to split a room. I'm not sure I want to hang out with the 24 7 party crew of Jas?n(failsafe) and Dave(Whatever)

Also I'm sure ther will be a group caravaning on friday so I'll let you guys know what I find out..

For those of you coming up to Thunderhill the night before our 12/20/03 event, we have made a room block at the Amerihost Willows hotel. Mention Club Z when you call to reserve your room and you'll get the group rate of $66.60/2 queen beds or $69.95/king bed (both regularly $89).

This hotel has a nice indoor pool and spa (these were lots of fun last time!) and the room includes a nice continental breakfast.

Feel free to post to this forum to look for roommates if desired to split costs!

Amerihost Willows
(530) 934-9700
199 Humboldt Ave
Willows, CA
Old 12-04-2003 | 08:50 PM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

I'll split a room with you Yuichi.
Old 12-05-2003 | 09:06 AM
LeMansZCa

the king size is $74
I b interested caravaning with you hard core folks up there!

btw, is there some kinda of video for the thunderhill track? so we can get familiar with the turns? just curious!
Old 12-05-2003 | 09:30 AM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

There are a couple of in car videos on the Club Z site, at the very bottom:

http://www.clubz.org/track/track_day_12-20-03.html
Old 12-05-2003 | 10:11 AM
LeMansZCa

That was Wayyyyy cool.....
i am pumped after watching the video...
he was leaning big time... with a full helmet!!!!
I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 12-05-2003 | 10:32 AM
whatever
Veteran
Premier Member

Default Re: HOTELS...

Originally posted by StrictlyZ
Got this from the event organizers.. whos wants to split a room. I'm not sure I want to hang out with the 24 7 party crew of Jas?n(failsafe) and Dave(Whatever)

Also I'm sure ther will be a group caravaning on friday so I'll let you guys know what I find out..

For those of you coming up to Thunderhill the night before our 12/20/03 event, we have made a room block at the Amerihost Willows hotel. Mention Club Z when you call to reserve your room and you'll get the group rate of $66.60/2 queen beds or $69.95/king bed (both regularly $89).

Amerihost Willows
(530) 934-9700
199 Humboldt Ave
Willows, CA
Repost j/k man

I'm gonna split with my bro.
yeah, when is the caravan, I took Friday off so is there gonna be an early caravan for Car control clinic?
Old 12-05-2003 | 10:42 AM
LeMansZCa

yeah... i would like to go early also.... get more rest... and more time for PARTY!!
Old 12-05-2003 | 11:06 AM
failsafe
....for your health
Premier Member

Hmm... not sure I can make the early caravan. There may also be an evening caravan if I can't get Friday off.

Edit: Excellent I have Friday the 19th off and I get paid since I will be on "business" My boss kicks a$$!

Last edited by failsafe; 12-05-2003 at 11:31 AM.

Quick Reply: ClubZ.org track day @ Thunderhill