Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.
View Poll Results: Will I hit the Spot?
YES
78.26%
NO
8.70%
I don't want to decide now since I'm a pita
13.04%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Mystery Spot Meet 01/31/04

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 06:07 PM
longbowe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my question about the Mystery Spot: What is it? From what I'm observing in this thread, it may even have been the road that I took one time when I went up highway 9, made a right turn on 35, and just kept going. (I did that because there were flares on the downhill toward Saratoga and I didn't want to deal with that.)
Old 01-23-2004, 06:15 PM
nickargon

its this place where everything leans over

ufos, or an asteroid is there maybe
Old 01-23-2004, 07:44 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

I've always seen the bumper stickers, but gave it no mind. Thought it was something akin to a tourist attraction... guess I'll see it for myself next week.

So nick, you do or don't know what's there? Is it really a leaning over place?
Old 01-23-2004, 08:18 PM
nickargon

yep, its really a leaning over place.. haha

its a big tourist thing, but is actually pretty cool to see.

check it out:
http://www.mysteryspot.com/
Old 01-23-2004, 10:06 PM
Z-INCOGNITO

looks fun...
Old 01-24-2004, 02:07 AM
longbowe

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who didn't know.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:52 AM
KarmaMag

Dave,
Can we buy ticket online? I checked and the 31st @ 2PM is still available for 20 of us.
This way, we don't have to stop there twice.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Z33RIE

Originally posted by KarmaMag
Dave,
Can we buy ticket online? I checked and the 31st @ 2PM is still available for 20 of us.
chad or dave- i think you should reserve it for everyone... just in case!
my 2 cents

**Michelle- you have PM!!!**

~RiE

Last edited by Z33RIE; 01-25-2004 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 03:02 PM
JOHNofLBR

Hey everyone
MY name is John and Im pretty new to this forum. I been reading poeple post for a couple of months now but i never post anything myself. I will try to go to this meet and and meet some of you guys. I will be driving a SS with a scatched up front bumper so if you see me just say "hi" so I can feel welcomed.
Old 01-25-2004, 04:45 PM
mgl

Originally posted by JOHNofLBR
Hey everyone
MY name is John and Im pretty new to this forum. I been reading poeple post for a couple of months now but i never post anything myself. I will try to go to this meet and and meet some of you guys. I will be driving a SS with a scatched up front bumper so if you see me just say "hi" so I can feel welcomed.
hi john.... don't worry we won't bite well at least most of us don't. j/k. welcome and see ya at the meet.
Old 01-25-2004, 05:54 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Hey everyone
Welcome John! The Bay Area Z group is a nice bunch. What does LBR stand for? If it's personal then you don't have to answer?
Old 01-25-2004, 06:05 PM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KarmaMag
Dave,
oh really? When I looked last week, it said 31st was unavailable from the group request page. I think there might be some kind of discount for group request.

Anyways, buying individual tickets online is another option if you folks don't want to make 2 stops at the spot. Remember they do charge $1 extra per ticket...
Currently looks like, 12:00PM, 1:00PM 2:00PM, 3:00PM are all available.

If we do buy tickets first, let's just do the 12:00PM and do the tour first then head over to Santa Cruz for lunch.

Since, it's going to be a logistic nightmare for me to try to figure out who wants to do the tour and who just want to do the meet, and how many people I would have to buy tickets for.

SO...If you want me to purchase tickets for you, please PM me with your name and how many tickets. I will be purchasing the tickets tomorrow night (Monday night (01/26/04) @ 10:00PM) for those that have PM me before that. I'll collect the money from you at the meet.
You're welcome to buy your own tickets online as well. For those that I didn't get a PM, you need to buy your own tickets online if you want to do the tour.

If everyone agrees with this new plan with the 12:00PM Spot tour, here is the link to buy tickets online if you want to buy your own.
http://www.eventicketing.com/mystery...eservation.jsp

and once again, we will not be making an extra stop anymore. I will update the first page with the latest info.

Last edited by whatever; 01-25-2004 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Z33RIE

Hey everyone
welcome john & your ss!! u should come out to this meet, just check out the meeting spots and let the guys know which one you're going to so they wont leave ya behind... and like michelle says, most of us dont bite! haha! J/K

**Dave: count me in for 2 tix please & i'll get ya back when we all meet up that morning, thanks much!!!
~Rie
Old 01-25-2004, 08:47 PM
JOHNofLBR

Originally posted by yobri
Welcome John! The Bay Area Z group is a nice bunch. What does LBR stand for? If it's personal then you don't have to answer?
LBR stands for Low Budget Racing. A team that a bunch of us started back in highschool.

Thanks to everyone thats making me feel welcomed here, and I'm sure you guys are a bunch of really cool people.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:28 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

LBR stands for Low Budget Racing. A team that a bunch of us started back in highschool.

Thanks to everyone thats making me feel welcomed here, and I'm sure you guys are a bunch of really cool people.
I knew all about low budgets in high school for racing products... I can relate to the name.

See ya on Sat.
Old 01-25-2004, 09:48 PM
Moodie
Minivan Racer

Unhappy I can't make it afterall......

This is good news I guess......

I probably won't be able to join you guys afterall because I am buying a condo for the first time, and with the crazy market, I'll have to be at the sales office at 9 a.m. on Saturday......

I'll try to make it to Santana Row if I can, but I don't know how long it'll take to put in a deposit and do some paper work.......

It is a big deal for me, and mods will have to wait now........I don't even know if I should be happy and excited or what........

Wish me luck......
Old 01-25-2004, 10:27 PM
yobri
350Z-holic

Hey congrats Moodie! Good luck with all the paperwork!

I know exactly what you are saying about money and getting your very own place. I barely have any mods for my car, just for the precise reason that you mentioned.

Good luck again, and if you can make it to any part of the meet, it'll be a doubly good day.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:52 AM
longbowe

Hey John, I think I saw one of your team members at the plaza at Ardenwood and Newark on 01/10. Made me chuckle to see the sticker. BTW, I'll be representing with a PPW with a scratched up bumper, so you won't be alone.
Old 01-26-2004, 12:53 AM
longbowe

Wow! Congrats, Moodie! I would've been doing the same pretty soon, too, except apparently with the Z payments, my debt-to-income ratio is just too high now.
Old 01-26-2004, 08:45 AM
whatever
Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: I can't make it afterall......

Originally posted by Moodie
This is good news I guess......

I probably won't be able to join you guys afterall because I am buying a condo for the first time, and with the crazy market, I'll have to be at the sales office at 9 a.m. on Saturday......

I'll try to make it to Santana Row if I can, but I don't know how long it'll take to put in a deposit and do some paper work.......

It is a big deal for me, and mods will have to wait now........I don't even know if I should be happy and excited or what........

Wish me luck......
Wow!! cool!! buying a house/condo is a lot of work...
Congrats!! and no worries, once all the dust settles, you still have plenty of chance to come out to the meets!!

Quick Reply: Mystery Spot Meet 01/31/04