Notices
Northern California San Francisco, Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose, Pleasanton, etc.

Where is there a Dyno in the Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 10:40 PM
287HP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by monkey7
Vishnu's place is pretty neat. Nice stuff for the wrx. Also another place is modacar in livermore. It says on their website $40 bucks for baseline run.

287hp I know you got a piggy back xede, I was speaking to ken from vishnu awhile back about the ecu thing and he said something about reflash for $895? Just wondering if they do that, just the piggy back or both?
As far as I know, the only thing they do is the XEDE. The 895 he quoted you is the same price as the XEDE. I could be wrong though.
Old 03-09-2004, 10:44 PM
287HP

Originally posted by LouZer
287HP,
It is funny that you mention Porsche because my goal is to build a 350Z that will beet a 911 turbo, for half the cost. On the Porsche web site the 911 turbo is listed at 415HP & 415TQ. I am guessing that is at the crank. If so, I should be able to beat the HP numbers with a FI 350Z (whether it be a TT or SC). I don't think I will be able to match the torque though.

The xede is expensive, but something to think about once I decide/save up enough money to purchase a SC or TT kit. Probably will not be to the end of the year, if not, next tax return. Besides the cost are there any downsides to the xede? I am guessing that it would void the warranty. Then again if either of us cared that much about the warranty we wouldn't be searching for more and more mods to gain HP.

And speaking of street racing, a silly prelude try to race me the other day, but the biggest insult so far has been a civic hatchback. By the time I was shifting in to third he was a speck in my rearview. Not that I advocate street racing either, but some people need to be brought back down to earth!
The Xede is underneath my dash, so it is out view, but it would definitely come into conflict with my warranty if I had an ecu problem. They have to cut about six wires to get it all hooked up. But so far I have not had any problems.

A twin turbo Z should give a 996 turbo a run for its money. Luckily I didnt race one of those, because right now it would pull the paint off my car.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:04 AM
zwindsor
Twisty addict

Originally posted by neur0sis

They would like to get like, 10+ cars in the group ... and with that count, they would provide coffee in the morning, and lunch as well.

Getting 10 from this area will be tough. I'd rather see a nice price reduction for less cars then a free lunch. What do they normally charge for 3 runs?
Old 03-15-2004, 10:22 PM
fivespeed5

www.atpturbo.com
another vouch, ask for Su (guy) or George.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:36 PM
minako

Some S2000s recently did a dyno day in San Ramon at DynoLabs. http://www.dynolabs.com

$60 for 3 pulls. If you want lunch and stuff, you'd need to get at least 10 cars. I didn't get to go, but then again... what point is it to go to Dyno Day if your car is still stock?
Old 03-24-2004, 11:38 PM
bz8

Originally posted by minako
Some S2000s recently did a dyno day in San Ramon at DynoLabs. http://www.dynolabs.com

$60 for 3 pulls. If you want lunch and stuff, you'd need to get at least 10 cars. I didn't get to go, but then again... what point is it to go to Dyno Day if your car is still stock?

Hey Minako, it's a surprise seeing you here. How are you? You probably don't remember me, but I met you last year at that S2K/350Z night meet in J-town. Anyways, good see you here.